Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman ranks in top 20 North American Concert Tours!  (Read 9892 times)
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 08:44AM »

"Let the names of all other concerts be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every periodical in the world. Let the name Celtic Woman be heard and spoken, and embedded into the memory of man for all time".

So it is written, so shall it be done.

Cool
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08AM »

i went to the www.pollstar.com site to see who the other 19 are.
There is a new list every week.
I didn't find Celtic Woman, maybe you got a later list,.. .

I found mine in the newspaper  so maybe so. I noticed that too,when I went on the website that CW wasn't on the list. odd. Huh

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Moscapoet
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 01:36PM »

"Let the names of all other concerts be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every periodical in the world. Let the name Celtic Woman be heard and spoken, and embedded into the memory of man for all time".

Cool
Grin Grin. Someone has been watching a certain movie. I love it though! There IS no other music in my world any more then that from CW, the parts thereof and those inspired from it.
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 02:10PM »

I disagree "So it is written, so shall it be done." The intro to Seventh Son album Grin
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 06:47PM »

I disagree "So it is written, so shall it be done." The intro to Seventh Son album Grin

Afraid it is much older than that!  As Moscapoet alluded, from a movie, the star of which died just recently.  The actor who spoke those words was Yul Bryner. It played not long ago.  Can anyone name it?   Huh

John910

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58PM »

Would that be "The Ten Commandments"?

what do I win LOL
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 04:20PM »

Would that be "The Ten Commandments"?

what do I win LOL

Right on!  And for your efforts you are the proud winner of a dazzling, deluxe "No-Prize"!   Cheesy  And you definitely have our respect!   Grin

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 08:56AM »

Cool
Grin Grin. Someone has been watching a certain movie. I love it though! There IS no other music in my world any more then that from CW, the parts thereof and those inspired from it.

Actually I've got 5 pages of popular lines from The Ten Commandments, and I try to use one on my boss everyday! Amazing how they fit sometimes. Like when I'm hungry and it's not lunchtime:

"Turbines and Generators are made from parts. The strong make many, the starving make few, the dead make none."

Well, I thought it was funny.... Grin
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 05:20PM »

Careful, the boss may say "Then let them glean parts from the fields at night..but your talley of generators shall diminish not one whitt!".   Cheesy

Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 07:06PM »

Hi, everyone.  Let's try to stay on topic here. 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 10:43AM »

They're in the  Top 20!  TERRIFIC!!  Way to go CW!   Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 11:15AM »

Still #1 on my list...still THE BEST Voices and by far the most Beautiful Ladies...just not comparable in terms of $$..we don't want to be part of the herds anyway!
CW gets to those who have the heart and soul to understand what they are and what they have to give...Thanks again Ladies! Bp

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Moscapoet
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 11:08AM »

We forum types are the first line of promotion for this marvelous ensemble. If CW is going to be number one here in the states we will be instrumental in that happening by our own word of mouth. No doubt there are many of us who talk about CW at any given opportunity to family, friends, co-workers, and sometimes to strangers. They've won our hearts and we can help them win the hearts of others. There is not one American artist ahead of CW or parts thereof in my heart that's for sure!  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: