Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máiréad's mishap in San Francisco  (Read 19737 times)
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« on: May 05, 2008, 11:32AM »

At the concert yesterday, Máiréad's   bow started to shread while on stage.  It starting coming apart about half way through the song. She didnt miss a beat, and had another bow in the next set.  She was better than ever!   Wow shes great !

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
TheChloeFan

Peace, Love & Chloe

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:45AM »

wow. Mairead's got talent, even when something happens! I read that once her hair got caught in her violin. She pulled it out and kept on going!

Oh, Chloe... YOU ARE AMAZING
Moscapoet
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 01:55PM »

Mairead is a true professional for sure. She has shredded many a bowhair on stage and makes it work anyway. What she does the way she does it can stress hairs and strings quite a bit but she knows that I'm sure and is prepared for it. It's very impressive to fans to see her follow through when those things happen. Glad you were able to see Mairead at her best Maloney.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:43PM »

After seeing her after her injury in Tempe last year, yes she is quite the professional. Only missed one show in someplace called RedRocks due to weather.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:34PM »

Wowww a bow shredding incident! Didn't this just happen a few weeks ago too? LOL! Máiréad is working the heck out of that bow. I wish something exciting like that had happened in Jacksonville.  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Courtland

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:53PM »

now you all see why i've always been so totally nuts about her Kiss Kiss :-*to our mairead!!!

Watching Máiréad play always moves me to tears. She is a gift from Heaven.
Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 12:17PM »

Amazing Mairead is. Truly amazing.
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 01:48PM »

now you all see why i've always been so totally nuts about her Kiss Kiss :-*to our mairead!!!

I'll second that, Courtland!!!!!!!!!!!!     Grin

Dave
Moscapoet
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49PM »

Never a doubt in my mind Courtland.  Wink
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 04:35PM »

sooooo how often does a bow shread?

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Moscapoet
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 08:31PM »

Reports of this occur at least two or three times per tour. The stress of what Mairead must do to maintain contact while moving about as she does can be harsh on the bowhairs. Not to worry though she finds a way to get it done every time.
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 06:10PM »

At the concert yesterday, Máiréad's   bow started to shread while on stage.  It starting coming apart about half way through the song. She didnt miss a beat, and had another bow in the next set.  She was better than ever!   Wow shes great !

Isn't that cool I saw her do that at Wolf Trap last June she just kept on playing off the wood the whole thing was hanging by her nee it didn't affect her one bit Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 06:11PM by Capn Davey » Logged

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Maggie
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 04:22AM »

.....now you all see why i've always been so totally nuts about her Kiss Kiss :-*to our mairead!!!

She didnt miss a beat, and had another bow in the next set.  She was better than ever!   Wow shes great !

Isn't that cool I saw her do that at Wolf Trap last June she just kept on playing off the wood the whole thing was hanging by her knee it didn't affect her one bit Cheesy Grin

Fairy Fiddlers can do that!

They can use their gossamer hair in place of strings or bowhairs.....
a sprinkle of pixie dust can work wonders!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:09AM by Maggie » Logged
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 07:54AM »

There's no stopping Mairead. She is an unstoppable force up there.

(Maggie ... WOW! That graphic! WOW!).

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 12:06PM »

Wow, Maggie, that graphic is gorgeous! And so perfect for Máiréad. I love fantasy art. It's so beautiful.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: