Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield - 5/14/08  (Read 8375 times)
Moscapoet
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 11:31AM »

Welcome to the forum travisrockett! First show? Well are you ever in for a treat! You'll be mixing great waves of joy with tears if you have a soul. I sent you a pm letting you know how to contact us about dinner and/or meeting up. Hope to see you there and share in your happiness and prime the pump. Maybe I'll get you something yo flash to the ladies if you're close enough. I have plenty of Mairead things to wave.

CC, yes that CW stamped on my forehead must be obvious. Of course now I'm wearing a CW t-shirt too. Jim is going to take a photo to post later.

Shywolf, yep toasty today but no worries. I'll put a review up in the Mairead forum as soon as I can.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 11:48AM »

100 degrees in Bakersfield? That's nothing. Our average temp in the summer in teh valley was about105-108. Besides at night it cools down. Unlike Phoenix when it can be 118 in the day and 100 degrees at night.

I was raised 65 miles north of Bakersfield.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 02:06PM »

Zanokoku, I agree this is just a short heat wave. I am in So Cal in the valley and it gets toast here too. We both get it regardless Cheesy.
travisrockett

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 01:48AM »

I just got back from a wonderful night of friends, family, and listening to CW perform. The concert in Bakersfield was absolutely lovely and the girls did what they do best. The outfits, the lights, the music made this night one to remember. I am a big fan of Lisa and was sorry that she was not at this venue, but happy about her baby. Alex did a wonderful job on her songs, but to me Lisa will always be the "True Voice"

Alex's spin on The Voice was beautiful and throroughly enjoyed it. She seemed to make her songs more musical theatre and dramatic. From her background this is a strong style for her.

Alex and Lynn are two wonderful singers and i see them doing well with the group, but still miss the originals. But I cannot complain, I enjoyed the Show, and Chloe was absolutely stunning tonight.

All together a great show, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:51AM by travisrockett » Logged

Thanks Brian, I just had to take this one!
Moscapoet
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14AM »

Glad you enjoyed it! Jim tried calling for you at intermission to come sit with us in better seats but nobody responded for a call to Travis.

I'll post a review tomorrow for those interested. Great night, good crowd, and a few nice surprises along the way off stage.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 04:56AM »

Travis-- glad you enjoyed your first show!!  Scott-- waiting for your normal terrific review--waiting--waiting  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Artist1

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 05:34AM »

Can't wait to hear Scott.

Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 10:13AM »

can't wait for your review, Scott Grin

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 10:10PM »

Moscapoet is on his way and I am about 70 miles away right now.  Anyone else going to join us and wake up Bakersfield?

Jim where are youcoming from? I am an old San Joaquin Valley boy.

jim
Jim - I was in Castaic.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 10:56PM »

Been through there a time or three traveled Grapevine a lot, especially when I was stationed in Riverside.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: