Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Loosing Momentum ?!?!  (Read 17024 times)
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 08:32AM »

Well, whenever their next tour will be - Fall of '08 or Spring of '09 ,you can be certain that we forum members will be there supporting them. For now, I wish the entire entourage some very well deserved downtime to spend with family and friends!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 10:47AM »

The last show a the Greek theater was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++fantastic as was the day meeting Jim M, Rich, Eric , Chris, Dwight, Mary , for lunch. And Dianne, Rachel , Joanne, Julian and of course Ray Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley .
mainopsman

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 11:43AM »

I know we have all been waiting for the new show and solo CDs.   But with the tight schedule the ladies have had, it has been pretty close to impossible to get it all done.
They do need a much deserved break, and the time to catch up on the other projects.  While a format change is always a possibility, they do have a unique style, which I hope they do not change.  Perhaps, including the High Kings as a part of the show for solos and duets may give the shows a little more diversity (which I really don't think is needed).

Till they come back, we have our CDs and DVDs, and their music in our hearts.  Lets keep the entire cast in our prayers both for their personal lives and their careers.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 02:46AM »

I know we have all been waiting for the new show and solo CDs.   But with the tight schedule the ladies have had, it has been pretty close to impossible to get it all done.
They do need a much deserved break, and the time to catch up on the other projects.  While a format change is always a possibility, they do have a unique style, which I hope they do not change.  Perhaps, including the High Kings as a part of the show for solos and duets may give the shows a little more diversity (which I really don't think is needed).

Till they come back, we have our CDs and DVDs, and their music in our hearts.  Lets keep the entire cast in our prayers both for their personal lives and their careers.

JIM

Well put Jim. I'd have to pretty much agree with this post.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Maggie
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 06:57AM »

While a format change is always a possibility, they do have a unique style, which I hope they do not change.  Perhaps, including the High Kings as a part of the show for solos and duets may give the shows a little more diversity...........

Having the High Kings opening for them was just a way of introducing THKs to a vast audience.....a one-off move.
Although it would make a fantastic Concert, I don't think they will get together again on Tour.
That would be too much, like having the Beatles and Rolling Stones on the same bill!!! Cheesy

No, THKs have the talent and charm to make it on their own now.

(Did ye like that, lads?  Wink Ye can buy me a Guinness when I'm home!)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:59AM by Maggie » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 09:04AM »

(Did ye like that, lads?   Ye can buy me a Guinness when I'm home!)

Or maybe 3  Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 01:27PM »

Well, whenever their next tour will be - Fall of '08 or Spring of '09 ,you can be certain that we forum members will be there supporting them. For now, I wish the entire entourage some very well deserved downtime to spend with family and friends!!

Zee

Well said ZEE !!!   Are you sure you will be attending shows next spring? ? ?   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy    I just answered an email from WTTW in Chicago ( they wanted money if you can believe that!! LOL  )  and told them as SOON as they hear when the CW is coming to the windy city, I want tickets and a M&G also.  I told them Kelli would be paying for them so I KNOW it's a shooin!! LOL   I'll be ready for the ANNUAL, yes I said ANNUAL,  Rich Fest and one more absolutley terrific night with a great bunch of friends-- maybe a BUNCH of friends this time!!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
mainopsman

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 07:46PM »

Maggie if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you and your husband, the Guinness  is on me. 

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
greenfire6
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 12:48PM »

Getting sorta’ back on topic, I think the Celtic Woman phenomenon’s full potential is still over yonder. Even in my little corner of rural America I still see new fans joining the ranks. Despite PBS’s reach millions still don’t know of them. Many cities, especially small to mid-sized cities have not been visited. I firmly believe Management, David Downes and the Performers can continue with artistic triumph and financial success if they chose to do so. I hope they do.

I have been encouraged to post the following story. Although anecdotal I offer it here as evidence of the above:

I’ve had the privilege of introducing Celtic Woman to many people with positive results. The following account is the most extreme example- but only slightly. The funny thing is I didn’t even target him- it just happened.

Another couple invited my wife and I to dinner the Friday before Christmas last. The invitation came with the condition that I bring my A Christmas Celebration DVD which they hadn’t seen yet. I was only too happy to comply with this requirement because a) they have an excellent sound system  Grin to go with a big TV and b) its Celtic Woman! Grin

When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised to learn a mutual friend, Billy Bob was invited also. We guys sat down to watch A Christmas Celebration while dinner was cooking. Billy Bob has seen a few Christmas concerts in his 7 plus decades and wasn’t much interested in watching another. As soon as the DVD started his whole demeanor changed instantly. He began making positive comments after each of the first three numbers. I told him the best is yet to come.  Wink After Òrla Fallon’s stunningly beautiful solo of Away in the Manger Billy Bob declared that this was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen or heard. His eyes expressed disbelief and awe when I told him this was the third of three projects the organization has produced to date.

Now please understand that Billy Bob was in the US (Fleet) Navy for a 23 year career followed by a 25 year career in the US Merchant Marines. He has been to ports o’ call all over the world and seen a lot. Ironically, his ports o’ call never included Ireland!

Over dinner Billy Bob wanted to know more about Celtic Woman and where he could purchase the DVDs. He was especially interested in the tall, staring lady with short blond hair!  Grin As you might expect I was only too happy to tell him some of what I have learned about Celtic Woman. I also suggested some stores that carried Celtic Woman DVDs but warned they were usually sold out. Half joking I told him music of this high quality deserves a good sound system. To settle for TV or simple shelf speakers would be like sacrilege I scolded!

We had him over for breakfast on Christmas morning. To demonstrate the importance of a good sound system I sat him down to my computer and headphones and played several numbers from the A New Journey DVD. He was mesmerized. Then I gave him that DVD for Christmas.

The next day Bob went to town and came back with the only DVD he could find in stock- the debut Celtic Woman and a $900.00 Bose DVD player/sound system for his TV and phonograph/cassette player. Yes, he has loads of vinyl albums, many of them quite good, and still uses his record player.

His Bose sounds sooo good I bought him a DVD copy of A Christmas Celebration a couple of weeks later.

Today he is a huge Méav and Celtic Woman fan and thanks me all the time. I simply tell him, don’t thank me thank Celtic Woman!

He wants to go to a live concert, but only if they come to Reno, Nevada- which is one of those mid-sized cities CW has yet to visit.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 01:27PM »

Here's hoping the tour gets near Reno next year.  Thank you for sharing that story, Greenfire!  I can't imagine anyone who hears Celtic Woman not appreciating them.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 04:02PM »

Nice post greenfire6 and, that's pretty much what I've been doing/trying to do myself, since I first became a huge CELTIC WOMAN fan. Some folks I've 'introduced' to the beautiful magic of CW have gone on to become fans themselves. But, there remains a couple of people I've done the same to, who just never 'took' to CW, for some reason. For whatever reason. To me, that's almost inexcusable. For the life of me, I can't even begin to understand how anyone could watch/listen to CW and not fall in love with them. But, there does remain those couple of people I know where, CW has had no effect on them. I don't get it. But I will, as I always have since I fell in love with CW myself, continue 'spreading the word'. I do love it when the someone you 'turn on' to CW does come away as ... another big CW fan.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Moscapoet
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 07:40PM »

I guess some folks are just immune to pixie dust.  Cheesy Since I came down with CWF (no, not Celtic Woman Forum, but Celtic Woman fever), I have told my clients all over the country and pretty much every one I meet about this lovely ensemble and the individuals within it. Just watch and listen and see if you don't have a warm glow all over from them is what I say.
    All things wind down. Sooner or later the CW train will make its last run. However, each of the individuals within it past and present are brilliant stars of their own, and will do very well. I'll support them each when they go out on their own. They have each brought something very special to each of us.
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 03:48PM »

I can't even begin to understand how anyone could watch/listen to CW and not fall in love with them. I always have since I fell in love with CW myself, continue 'spreading the word'. I do love it when the someone you 'turn on' to CW does come away as ... another big CW fan.

Yup. I've got two three cousins hooked, and I think MAYBE my aunt, and I'm gonna keep on "speading the word".

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 05:50PM »

Hmm...Not everyone is going to be besotted with Celtic Woman.  I get a little leery when they are referred to as angels or other mythical creatures.  I wonder if we would ever call anyone in a male group angels, etc.  These are women who have worked incredibly hard at their craft and love what they do.  They are human beings who are amazingly kind and generous with their fans.  I think through their open hearts and amazing musical gifts, they touch people's lives.  I know they have touched mine in a big way. 

For some people, the style of music Celtic Woman sings may not be their cup of tea.  They have found other musical groups that touch their lives, and I respect them for that. 

I think the tour is doing fine, if what I saw at the Greek is any indication.  It also looks like sales may be up in Europe, if they are adding tour dates. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:57PM by willow-jeeves » Logged

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
nick in denver

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 08:35PM »

we've had this talk before and alot of it seems to come down to money, kinda cold i know but did'nt someone once say ...if it's profitable, you keep doing it till it isnt !? we may even see menudo-esk changes with new, younger (?) members till one day they get together clissic cw (the 5 originals) for a tour. i've been on this wagon from the very start. i've crossed many states like many of you to see and meet them and when meav left...well that still hurts and i'm glad i got to see her very last show with cw here at red rocks but it came up then and i do fear the day cw comes to an end, but it will never end for us. i hope they never stop making money from this and they continue to grow and face new challenges with it, maybe that way it never will end.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: