Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LONG BEACH CONCERT WAS GREAT!!!  (Read 4358 times)
Hoosier at Heart

« on: May 16, 2008, 12:53AM »

Just got home from the CW Concert in Long Beach.  What a great show by the gals, the musicians, The High Kings, the back up singers, lighting and sound crew!  I think the gals really liked the applause, whistling, encouragement, and overall audience appreciation tonight!!  I lost track of the standing ovations!  More later.....it's sleepytime in CA.
Hoosier at Heart 
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 02:36AM »

Glad to hear you had a good time.  Can't wait to hear more.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 04:19AM »

SOOOOOO glad you enjoyed it CUZ!!!!   They are terrific and it sound like you had a great crowd to go with you!!!   Can't wait to read about it-- and of course the phone call, too!!!!!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  I don't think I have been more anxious for any other show as the one for you and John and hoping you would enjoy them as much as I have. I built them up and praised them so very much that I was afraid you may be let down--- I don't think the girls are CAPABLE of that-- BUT--- Glad ya liked 'em, Patti!!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:14AM »

I'm glad you had a great time, Patti!  I'm looking forward to reading more...

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:50AM »

Can't wait to hear more,patti!

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 04:46PM »

Patti let us know. I posted mine for the Greek theater Smiley

Craig
Hoosier at Heart

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:59AM »

Just finished reading all the Santa Barbara and Greek Theatre reviews for CW Concerts in CA.  I would have to "ditto" all the great things that were said!! 

We arrived at the Long Beach Terrace Theatre parking structure a few hours before the concert, parked, and walked across the street to find a place to eat.  Appropriately enough, found an Irish pub where the food was delicious and made you think you were in Dublin for sure!  Made it back to the theatre in plenty of time to call my cuz "coolit" on this forum to say we wished he could have joined us.

We had never seen the High Kings nor CW gals and guys in person before -- they were all wonderful and indeed, what talented performers!  Our 3rd row orchestra seats were quite close to the stage which allowed us to see the smiles, winks and special twinkles in their eyes as they gazed out into the audience and especially toward the first few rows!  There was a CW fan in front of us (who may or may not be part of this forum) that was always quite animated during the concert.  His shoulder-length blonde hair was swaying and flipping the entire time and his hands were constantly keeping time to the music or clapping.  Bet he was lip syncing all the words to their songs too!

It was a GRAND evening and we look forward to seeing Celtic Woman again!
Hoosier at Heart
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27AM »

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, Patty!  So, you'll go to another concert?  Cheesy Wink

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Hoosier at Heart

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:57AM »

You can count on it!
 Wink
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 12:11PM »

Sound like you had fun, cuz!!!  As I said maybe the next one we can go together.  At least if I set in front of you, you won't be bothered by long blond hair!!! LOL 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Moscapoet
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 01:32PM »

Sounds like a great time! Then again a CW concert is always a great time! Yep, bet you're right and the guy was singing the whole time. The ladies notice that too. You've now dipped into the bag of potato chips that are CW concerts my friend and you can't just have one.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: