Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about European tour  (Read 11039 times)
Gerard

« on: May 15, 2007, 01:07AM »

Yesterday morning, I mailed the management of Celtic Woman to see if there were any plans for a European tour, including dates in Paris, and yesterday evening, I received an answer. Note that all of this is tentative. The british Ticketmaster doesn't list the information below yet, and plans may change. With this caveat, here are the good news for european fans of CW:

Monday 14th May 2007

"Hi Gerard

Greetings from Ireland!

Thank you very much for your E mail addressed to Celtic Woman.

Your very kind comments and good wishes will be passed on to Celtic Woman and they very much appreciate when people take the time to write letters or send e mails.

Celtic Woman tour of the United States and Canada ends in June.

In September / October they will be starting a tour of the United Kingdom and several countries on Continental Europe. I list hereunder the provisional dates for the UK leg of their tour but plans have not yet been finalised for Europe so I am not yet in a position to say if they will be performing in Paris.The European Tour venues and booking details will be put on the Celtic Woman web site in due course. Here are the provisional UK dates:

CELTIC WOMAN – SEPTEMBER 2007

Monday 17 September                  Liverpool Philharmonic Hall                             

Tuesday 18 September                  Llandudno Venue Cymru Theatre                       

Wednesday 19 September                  Gateshead Sage                                             

Thursday 20 September                  **DAY OFF

Friday 21 September                              Glasgow Royal Concert Hall                           

Saturday 22 September                  Manchester Bridgewater Hall                 

Monday 24 September                  **DAY OFF

Tuesday 25 September                  Cambridge Corn Exchange                               

Wednesday 26 September                  Cardiff St Davids Hall                                     

Thursday 27 September                  **DAY OFF

Friday 28 September                              Bournemouth Intl Centre Pavilion                       

Saturday 29 September                  London Royal Albert Hall     

In November / December they will be visiting Japan, Australia & New Zealand. In January 2008 they will be in South Africa and then in February 2008 they will be returning to the United States and Canada for a further tour."

As I said before, all of this is still in the planning stage. Plans can change anytime, as a bad experience with Feet of Flames taught me. But still, it's nice to know that I might have a chance, small as it is, to see our dear ladies live, isn't it?
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 07:35AM »

in February 2008 they will be returning to the United States and Canada for a further tour

Love this. Thanks

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:42AM »

And now the countdown begins..........

When will the tour schedule be released?  How long will the tour be?  What cities will (or won't) they visit?  How many concerts can I afford?  How many M&Gs can I afford?  I love the anticipation!  I feel like a kid with Christmas approaching.  Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:13AM »

WOW !!  I would LOVE to see them perform at London's Royal Albert Hall - it's such a beautiful venue!  Guess I 'll start funding my Celtic Woman Concert Account - now where did i put that tin cup Huh!!! Wink Wink Wink Wink

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
convertedceltic

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:17AM »

OOOOOOOOOH! That is juicy info. We all better start saving now! But the wait until next Feb. may kill us! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ START SAVIN'!!!!!!
 Wink

Stacey
Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 11:18AM »

I have mixed feelings about this.  Certainly I want people around the world to have an opportunity to see them, and I am very grateful they will be returning to the US early next year.  But this gives them just two months or so of non-tour time to spend at home.  So it's possible that fora period of 15 months running from Feb 2007 until possibly June 2008 they will have spent a bit more than 2 months in which they are at home and not living on their tour buses.  That has to take a toll on them.  I just say this as a concerned fan, and I know I am not alone in thinking about this.

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:23AM »

Yes indeed, Scott. I, for one, hope they'll find some way to give them a bit of a resting period; say, over the winter holidays?

davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:11PM »

Agreed....I hope they get a chance to rest.
On the purely selfish side, I also can't wait to see what venues they will be visiting in 2008.
Gee...I just used my frequent flyer miles for Orlando!

Dave
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 04:03PM »

I'm thrilled to hear they'll be back in 2008 for another tour!

However, they sure have a busy schedule.  I personally would be totally wiped out by something like that.  I think they deserve a few months of no touring at all, and much more time with their families.  Well - they know best what they can do and want to do though, so if this is their dream then they are certainly welcome to tour so exhaustively!

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
fireyred09
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 04:41PM »

Exactly as Siobhan said...

While I do have to worry about the girls getting worn out, we have realize that they're making the decision to keep touring. It's what they want to do.

I, for one, am ecstatic!  Grin

But please, ladies, do try and rest!

Rich, you forgot a question: WHAT SONGS ARE THEY PERFORMING?!?!!?!?  Cheesy
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 05:01PM »

thats great. But Ladies ...do get some rest.....

My husband won't have to buy me a thing next year other than CW tickets!!!

Celtic_Kit

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 06:43PM »

My husband won't have to buy me a thing next year other than CW tickets!!!

Kathleen,

Did you really put that in writing? Wink

-Kit
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 08:52PM »

I am thrilled that they are going to the UK to tour (I have family there and I've told them a lot about CW) and coming back to the US next year.  But at the same time, I think they need a break, too.    
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:57PM by Coleen » Logged

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Charlie Brock

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 10:17PM »

Just a hunch.....I feel that some sponsor will want a mini Christmas tour in the US after the New Zealand, Japan and Australia tour.
If the month of December is completely taken with the places mentioned, it will be Feb 2008 before we are blessed again.

At Slane, it was clear to all there (repeated announcements), that the USA is the market they seek to saturate. The rest of the world gets the balance of the time they are willing to perform.

I think they enjoy concerts around the world, but Lisa would perform here full time if given the opportunity (2500 Starbucks..!)

I have no knowledge of any facts related to Celtic Woman...just wishful thinking. I too hope they get a much deserved rest. My pocket book could use a break. This will be my tenth concert (Red Rocks, Co. & Bridgeport, Conn.)...including Slane Castle. Just can't get enough of a GREAT and much needed musical revolution. You know what I mean if you participate in this forum.

Be Celtic, and plan for a long dry spell.  That's what Josh Groban did between his current and previous tours.

We have the power to influence the future of Celtic Woman...Positive messages to Celtic Woman produce answers, and they seem to invite our views and questions....Lets do It with class, not pressure.

Charlie
stephany

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 08:44AM »

Does anyone know if Meav will be performing for this European tour ?
Or will it be Hayley ?
Or both (OK - in my dreams  Grin) ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: