Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new show question  (Read 9784 times)
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« on: May 22, 2008, 05:16PM »

i was looking around on info for the taping this summer and on david downes' site it says it will be recorded during the summer of '07.. ? 

Thanks Jeff and Snookie for the banners!
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 05:20PM »

i was looking around on info for the taping this summer and on david downes' site it says it will be recorded during the summer of '07.. ? 

The Christmas show Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration - Live in Dublin
 was filmed at the Helix in July of 2007 and released in October of 07.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 06:09PM »

oh yea!! lol i feel dumb..

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:53AM »

So, is there going to be a new concert that will feature Lynn?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
ChloeAgnewfan
Honorary Roadie

the only

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04AM »

i believe so. there is going to be a dvd taping this summer and since lynn is a part of CW now, hopefully she will be in it. Smiley

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:59AM »

I wonder what the updated show will be called?  Let's see, there's Celtic Woman (2005-2006), A New Journey (2007-2008), and Huh for 2009?  This is pure speculation, but what do you think a possible name for the new show could be? 

I guess "Celtic Woman: Continued Awesomeness" would be out, although it is a good description!   Cheesy

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 02:12PM »

"Continued Awesomeness"? Is that the title of the next stage film?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38PM »

Probably a little bit cheesy, but I think a fantastic title would be something along the lines of:

Celtic Woman:  Lifting Us Up

which could be a sort of reference to the song "You Raise Me Up" which seems to be a great standard for them.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 04:17AM »

I am going to guess that it will in some way involve three, or trinity, something along those lines because:

1. Its their 3rd regular dvd (i dont count the xmas dvd here)
2. Its important in Christian terms and some of their music has that angle.
3. Its important in Celtic tradition and symbols.

What I really wonder though is what first song they will use. The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun is just about the perfect starter. Mairead comes out, lights behind her, the fog, etc. , starts slow, then the vocalists come in, things pick up, then Mairead shifts into gear and we're off!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Maggie
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 04:44AM »

A New Journey reflected the journey of the Celts, and of course included those of Northern Ireland (Carrickfergus) and Scotland (Caledonia and Mo Ghile Mear).

I think the next show will continue the Celtic theme, with some traditional tunes and some new ones specially written for Celtic Woman. Máiréad can draw on an endless supply of traditional fiddle tunes......she only has to ask her Mum!

They will probably include a reference to another Celtic Hero or Heroine as previously in Granuaile's Dance (Grace O'Malley the Pirate Queen) and Mo Ghile Mear (Bonnie Prince Charlie of Scotland).

I think they will try to appeal to a wider audience with this one.
I don't think the Title will be looking backwards (to "you raise me up") but looking forward to new ground.
The title will definitely not include "awesomeness"   Cheesy

I'm sure David Downes and the brains behind CW will come up with a far better title than we can guess at.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 04:53AM by Maggie » Logged
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:26AM »

I don't think the Title will be looking backwards (to "you raise me up") but looking forward to new ground.

The title will definitely not include "awesomeness"   Cheesy

LOL!  Yeah, the So. Cal person in me comes out sometimes.  Grin

I look forward to seeing, hearing and learning more about Celtic Culture from this next show.  I also enjoy "The Sky, The Dawn, The Sun" as an opening number.  I know it was the opening number on their tours before "A New Journey" came out.  Whatever the next show will include, I know it will bring joy and inspiration, just like the first two shows.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 06:58AM »

I also enjoy "The Sky, The Dawn, The Sun" as an opening number.  I know it was the opening number on their tours before "A New Journey" came out. 

Maybe they will keep using it, sort of like a tradition kind of thing. Works for me! Same with Orinoco Flow. But there is a problem with keeping old songs. How do you pick what to keep and what to kick? Its not like they have any obvious dogs that are easy to scrap. All their songs are either good, very good, or outstanding.

Its gonna be very interesting to see what they do.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 07:09AM »

I wonder if they will replace " Sing Out" with another that will stir the audience or just keep it. It's a BIGGIE-- but what isn't that they do--- Maybe they should just keep them all and simply add about 20 new ones.  I can stay up late for THAT!! LOL

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 12:44PM »

I hope they will perform the songs I remade for covering.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 11:18AM »

I have an idea for a name. Oh no. I lost it!!! Aw man!!! And it was a godd one too. Uh, think Brianna, think. Uh, well, here's one untill I can remember it: Celtic Woman: On The Road Agian It's not the best, but it's a try.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: