Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new show question  (Read 9785 times)
Maggie
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 12:53PM »

.....Uh, well, here's one untill I can remember it: Celtic Woman: On The Road Agian

Whose Tour is this?

"Celtic Woman Meets Willie Nelson"  Huh

Willie in a Gown, and CW in Cowboy Boots?  Cheesy

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 12:59PM »

Willie in a Gown, and CW in Cowboy Boots?

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 02:15PM »

Ok I can see the girls in boots

But Willie in a Gown?Huh

I am with Rich  Lips sealed

I mean Bob is one thing..but...no...please get that image out of my head!! Cheesy

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 03:03PM »

Okay, with talk of american country music,  the words to a John Denver song just flitted by my brain:

Well I got me a fine life, I got me OLE FIDDLE,
and the sun's comin' up I got cakes on the griddle! 
Life ain't nothin but a funny funny Riddle!  (such as the name of the new show!  hee hee!)

WHOOO..Thank God I'm a Country Boy (or in this case, girl), YEAH! 

I still wanna see Mairead and Charlie Daniels together.  That would be a classic.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.   

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 04:02PM »

Oh my Lord Willow!!!

I got this image in my head now...of 2 certain CW Girls, singing that...and I am dying of laughter!!

Cause I can see Lisa and Chloe doing this song!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ok..I need to go take my meds now  Wink

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 04:27PM »

You send the girls my way and I will get them fitted into proper cowboy boots.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 04:38PM »

Oh my Lord Willow!!!

I got this image in my head now...of 2 certain CW Girls, singing that...and I am dying of laughter!!

Cause I can see Lisa and Chloe doing this song!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ok..I need to go take my meds now  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  They'd have a blast singing it too!

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 05:07PM »

Huh ???OMG..I'm with Mel..I can't stop laughing....Thanks Willow! I needed a good laugh today
ROFL Hysterically.
Bp

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
binti

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 05:26PM »

The ladies would look wonderful in any costume and I would love to sit through a three or four hour concert, but guess that is asking WAY too much of them.  At least we have the CDs and DVDs of the past and can only look forward to a wonderful new show.
And, thanks, Maggie, for your understanding of how they have carried the Celtic history and culture to us in such beautiful songs.

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 06:14PM »

Cowboy boots, cowboy hats, and blue jeans could be cute for a song. As long as they dont get too carried away with it. Something like "Boots were made for walkin' " or maybe even "On the Road again" as sort of the fun energetic closing song. Another possible  song = "Will the circle, be unbroken" although that might not work as it steps on Grand Ole Opry tradition. "The devil went down to Georgia" would be a good Mairead song. "If your gonna play in Texas, ya gotta have a fiddle in the band" too.

I dont know if I would advocate boots for Mairead though, as I am hoping she starts using proper footware before she spins an ankle while wearing heals. At least she does the one song on the ANJ DVD barefoot, thats better than those heals.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 06:40PM »

You all have me laughing now, especially Mel.  Now I have a picture of Lisa and Chloe singing that song in my head.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 08:42PM »

I dont know if I would advocate boots for Mairead though, as I am hoping she starts using proper footware before she spins an ankle while wearing heals

Boots are proper footwear. As it is I think she is dancing in 4 inch heels. Western boots have a heel that is less than 2 inches on the average.

You would be surprised how many boots are sold to European visitors and that includes British and Irish.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 12:05AM »

Is anyone interested in starting a new topic to talk about the new upcoming show's name?  That way we could leave this thread to it's intended topic... Wink Grin

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 12:59AM »

There's gonna be a new show?  Smiley Whatever the name, I'm sure it will be great.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Celeste

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 01:02AM »

I have to say that I would not enjoy a "country" theme in Celtic Woman. It's not even that I dislike country music (I'm indifferent to it). It's just that I would prefer the group to retain its Celtic identity as much as possible. Classical and Christmas songs are more or less universal, so those don't jar with the Celtic identity, but country would take it into a whole other culture, and I just don't think it would be at all pleasant, at least not to some fans.

There are no end of groups and singers performing country songs, but only one group (with this kind of popularity) doing Celtic and Classical songs, and that's Celtic Woman. I wish they would stick close to that identity, merely expanding into different particular selections from Irish traditional music, and other works of the Classical repertory.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: