Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new show question  (Read 9782 times)
Maggie
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 02:46AM »

Is anyone interested in starting a new topic to talk about the new upcoming show's name?  That way we could leave this thread to it's intended topic... Wink Grin

I have to say that I would not enjoy a "country" theme in Celtic Woman. It's not even that I dislike country music
........ It's just that I would prefer the group to retain its Celtic identity as much as possible.

Sure, we all would.
I'm sure nobody on here was seriously suggesting CW go Country, although C&W music evolved from Celtic music.
All those cryin'-in-yer-beer songs where the cowboy loses his girl, his dog and his truck......the tunes are a lot like Irish laments.....because that's where they came from.
We were just having a little fun with those suggestions of "On the Road again" and "Thank God I'm a Country Girl".......

You know, FUN!

Yes, we were a little naughty....in danger of straying off topic.... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Kelli, that's a good suggestion, I'm going to start another topic under "Celtic Culture".

Meanwhile, guys......wipe those smiles off your faces and get serious...... Lips sealed

Ahem.......Wonder when and where the New Show will be filmed? 
and what do you think it will be called?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:50AM by Maggie » Logged
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 03:56AM »

Is anyone interested in starting a new topic to talk about the new upcoming show's name?  That way we could leave this thread to it's intended topic... Wink Grin

I have to say that I would not enjoy a "country" theme in Celtic Woman. It's not even that I dislike country music
........ It's just that I would prefer the group to retain its Celtic identity as much as possible.

Sure, we all would.
I'm sure nobody on here was seriously suggesting CW go Country, although C&W music evolved from Celtic music.
All those cryin'-in-yer-beer songs where the cowboy loses his girl, his dog and his truck......the tunes are a lot like Irish laments.....because that's where they came from.
We were just having a little fun with those suggestions of "On the Road again" and "Thank God I'm a Country Girl".......

You know, FUN!

LOL, Maggie!:
Lest any of us forget:
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language defines FUN as follows:

PRONUNCIATION:   fn
NOUN: 1. A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure. 2. Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach. 3. Playful, often noisy, activity. 
INTRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: funned, fun·ning, funs
Informal To behave playfully; joke. 
ADJECTIVE: Informal Enjoyable; amusing: “You're a real fun guy” (Margaret Truman). 
IDIOM: for (or in) fun As a joke; playfully. 

Meanwhile, guys......wipe those smiles off your faces and get serious...... Lips sealed

Ahem.......Wonder when and where the New Show will be filmed? 
and what do you think it will be called?

Okay, I'm serious now. This is purely guesswork, but here's some theories.

When:  Late this summer
Where: Red Rocks, a place that has come to be a favourite place for CW.
Possible name: Celtic Woman:  A Celebration of Life.  (or something along those lines)

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 06:48AM »

I think it will be on the east coast, probably farther north since it would be crazy hot if its too far south.  Also somewhere that isn't a venue, cause the staging is just as much a part of the show as any thing else and if they build the stage they can tailor it to their needs. 

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Celtic_Kit

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 08:08AM »

It could be Red Rocks....but there would be a couple of major issues. First, August and September (if it is in that time frame) bring almost daily afternoon thunderstorms. These are usually quick and cool things down nicely, but we can have hail, lightning and thunder in them. While this would not affect the live performance, it would cause everything to have to be wiped down. Second, there is a population density issue. Most fans would have to travel a pretty good distance to be able to attend the filming. Most of us don't live within an hour of this particular venue, although there are some exceptions like me. On the other hand, it is right in the middle of the country.

For me personally, I would love it!!!!!

-Kit
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 02:22PM »

If red rocks doesn't work,
I vote for the beautiful Pocono mtns of PA!
wide open spaces and plenty of scenery in September (and not too hot).
The fact that it is within driving distance of me has nothing to do with it....... Grin

Dave
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 05:05PM »

Whose Tour is this?

"Celtic Woman Meets Willie Nelson"  Huh

Willie in a Gown, and CW in Cowboy Boots?  Cheesy

Maggie, what got you that idea?  LOL

John910

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 09:17PM »

I vote for the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania too.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 10:05PM »

After their experience at Slane with the weather being really wild and cold (especially the first night), it wouldn't surprise me if they chose an indoor venue.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 10:10PM »

I read somewhere that supposedly it's going to be outside. Maybe. Who knows. I can't wait either way.  Wink

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: