Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE Song  (Read 9336 times)
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« on: June 03, 2008, 01:29PM »

I think this is pretty self-explanatory as far as what the poll's trying to show. Wink
However, A few points here:

I left out Christmas songs because the Christmas show was more of a special thing for a certain season.  However, if you think a Christmas song should be THE CW song, tell me and I'll add it.

I only included songs with three or more members in it.  This is because CW isn't complete without the full group.  I undertand some may prefer solos or duets as their CW song.  For example, The Last Rose of Summer is a beautiful duet, and someone may think it exemplifies the CW picture.  In that case, just tell me; like I said, I'll add it.

For those reasons, y'all can change your answers.

Pick the song that means the most to you, the one that you think of when you hear CW....the one that you think is the BEST.  I know that a CW show would not be complete without a full range of songs, but I also know we have certain songs that speak to us.

Should be interesting!

FaFo Grin

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:16PM »

You think so? I hope Chloe can sing the first solo of the song I picked while the other members of Celtic Woman do theirs.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 02:56PM »

I didn't pick my favorite.... but when I think of CW, I think of the live show beginning and Máiréad in the fog and the girls coming out one by one, each getting a part to sing and each fitting into a greater whole while Máiréad gets solo time as well. So, Sky, Dawn, Sun got my vote. It's the perfect opening and I have many CW live memories attached to that song.

Chris

leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14PM »

Well said Chris.  I went with "The Sky, the Dawn and the Sun" as well, although a very close second would be "You Raise Me Up."  All of the songs are very special in their own way and for different reasons.  I almost went with the last choice!  That was hysterical.  Thanks for the poll FaFo Wink Cheesy Grin

Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:39PM »

I chose... *coughs*...the last one. Grin

Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:02PM »

I went with You Raise Me Up. That one just seems like the perfect song for them to sing. All of them do represent Celtic Woman, but for me, You Raise Me Up is THE Song.

Thanks Mel!
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 04:37PM »

I chose The Soft Goodbye, because they did it REALLY well, and I'd love them to do it again.

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:32PM »

I almost went with the last choice!  That was hysterical.  Thanks for the poll FaFo Wink Cheesy Grin
Quite welcome, my friend. Cheesy

I chose... *coughs*...the last one. Grin
And you, my dear, would be just the person I'd expect to say that. Wink  Thanks for voting. Cheesy

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 05:41PM »

I almost went with the last one too, because I just couldn't choose.  Roll Eyes

But...I went with The Sky The Dawn and The Sun as well. I guess because it's the beginning number and really starts the whole amazing experience of being at a show, and it's just SO Celtic Woman. I can't explain it. I love it, though.

That being said, "Christmas Pipes" holds special meaning for me because it was the song that made me a Celtic Woman fan. It's really how I discovered them, you might say. To this day, when I hear that song I get goose bumps, and that epitomizes the Celtic Woman experience for me personally. It's still in my top 5 favorite CW songs of all-time, even though it's a holiday song.

But I still voted for Sky/Dawn/Sun anyway.  Grin Tongue

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48PM »

I went with OF cause that's the song that I saw on PBS when I was flipping through channels and it got me hooked!

Thanks Lindsey
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 07:42PM »

I went with you raise me up it was the first song I heard the them sing on  PBS. It truly is Celtic Woman this song send shivers up and down my spine when I hear it. there just something about it. Smiley 

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 08:24PM »

D'oh!  Okay, this was HARD!  I was torn between The Sky, The Dawn, The Sun and The Soft Goodbye.  I feel like SDS is CW's wonderful, unique way of saying hello, and The Soft Goodbye was their way of saying, well, goodbye.   Smiley

I chose The Soft Goodbye in the end.  The line: "There's a dream that will not sleep, a burning hope that will not die," epitomizes CW and their message for me.   

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 10:58PM »

I too, chose the last one.

It seems to me that YRMU IS the signature song for CW,
but,

Somewhere seemed to be the soul of CW in the first show (take my hand and we're half way there)
and

The Sky, The Dawn, and The Sun definitely set the stage for the second show ( Open your eyes with me. See paradise with me. Awake and arise with me.) To me that translated to: open your eyes and see the paradise that is always around you.

So, I chose the last one as choosing any one of the above would have made me (even more) crazy!  Roll Eyes

What was the question, again? It was a good one as I recall...

2B0B

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
John910

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 11:49PM »

I chose the last option too. I think each song in it's own unique way makes me think of Celtic Woman and highlights certain aspects of the ladies.

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 11:57AM »

What was the question, again?

Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for the input, y'all! Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: