Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Angels on Earth  (Read 8958 times)
Marcus

« on: May 17, 2007, 06:29PM »

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

Like so many others, I discovered these Angels on Earth while channel surfing and immediately stopped and stayed on our local PBS channel at the sight and sound of Meav. Hearing these angelic voices from another room, my wife immediaely joined me and together we watched the rest of the program in awe. The next day I went on the internet to learn more about these gifted performers and discovered and upcomong tour that included a performance in Milwaukee, less then two hours from my home in Lodi, Wisconsin. I secured two tickets as soon as they went on sale. Throughout my life I have been moved by so many different artists and have enjoyed so many different types of music and performers. However, I can honestly say that nothing has moved my spirit and touched my heart and soul like the voices and music of Celtic Woman. I listen to their CD's daily. I watch and listen to the concerts on DVD almost weekly and never get through Caledonia or Scarborough Fair with a dry eye. In February I was diagnosed with colon cancer and was immediately admitted to the hospitall and in surgery the next day. My family brought my CW CD's to the hospital and this uplifting, soothing music has played a significant role as I recover and endure six months of chemotherapy. And yes, my wife and I did attend the concert in Milwaukee in April. I purchased a CW poster which is proudly displayed with my ticket stub in my classroom at Lodi High School. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can convey this message to the members of Celtic Woman.

Peace and Blessings to You All,

Marcus

"Bring me your peace . . . "
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 06:31PM »

I'm very glad to hear you survived your cancer and even happier to hear Celtic Woman helped you through it. Welcome to the forums and please don't be alarmed if you leave with less sanity than you came in with.

Meldy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:59PM »

Welcome to the forum Marcus, and how awesome that CW music helped you through chemotherapy.  Their music is very inspirational. 

Meldy

Banner by:  Scott
JEdwards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:19PM »

That was a lovely story, Marcus, thank you for sharing it with us. Good luck and God bless in your recovery.

You're going to find here a whole host of people who have been similarly moved and touched by Celtic Woman (they are a lot of people's "Angels"), so make yourself right at home here.

And, incidentally, losing control of one's tear ducts during any number of CW songs is not only okay here, it's pretty much taken for granted.  Smiley
guitar100

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 01:46PM »

Hi Marcus;i,like you found CW on pbs.The next day i went out to buy the dvd.A month later,"A new journey" came out;bought that one too.....i watch them every chance i get...My kids hate it,they say it`s "opera".You picked the two same songs that makes me teary-eye also.
....the funny part is,i`m big on heavy metal.(i`m going to see Rush, June 15th).I`m glad listening to CW helps you with what you are going through....We just found out my job will be closing in 3 months.Living in palm beach with a huge mortgage,we don`t know what we are going to do!....so lately,when i listen to CW,i can`t stop crying...you would think it will soothe....but it makes me feel worse!!??......i can`t explain it.
Good luck to you in the future....
.....Ricky.....

These angels turned a metal head to be more open minded.
Marcus

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 07:51PM »

Thank you all for the replies and kind words.   Ricky . . . I'm 51 years old and still have my heavy metal vinyl collection from the 70's - - Supertramp, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zepplin, etc.
Enjoy the Rush Concert and keep the Faith concerning the job situation. My wife went through the same thing a year ago. She was pretty depressed about the entire matter but found a good place to work within three months. A longer commute which has been a difficult adjustment but a good employer and great co-workers. Wishing you the best.

Marcus

"Bring me your peace . . . "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: