Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Loneliest Thread In Town  (Read 6687 times)
Green Clay Hound
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:49AM »

It hasn't been that long ago, that this site (or thread) use to be "THE" place to go on this forum.. It's what kept me coming back to this site so often..  The On Tour thread was where I would go after first pouring my  cup of coffee in the mornings, fire up the ole puter, and read some mighty fine reviews that would just "ignite" my spirits for all things Celtic Woman..

I sure miss this..

To begin with, we have some very fine writers (or communicators) who frequent this site. There are so many of you whom I've enjoyed reading those reviews that I could not begin to name them all, but just to name a few; JByrd, Moscapoet, Mel, Cool2it, and many, many more of you- you have made my day a lot of mornings by giving us an account of the evenings prior..  You should go in the business!  (and that's a thought)

I would love to see some of our best review writers tag along with Celtic Woman (say-for a week) just to cover the shows, and report back to forum members.. And that's my thought for the day. Why not have the folks at CW LTD. authorize a forum member (nominated by Rich or other forum members) to travel with the girls for a specified period of time, just to do reviews.. It's a shame to harness such talent as we have on this team.. And while I understand there is this thing called "privacy", it would surely be understood or edited before releasing any reports back to the forum..

To be able to hear one on one reviews with "the whole cast", different interviews each night, would take this to a whole new level.. And we have the people on here who can take us there...  Just a thought. (back to my lonely cup of coffee)

the hound
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:51AM »

I think EVERYONE is on tour. Maggie in Iowa, Rich in Florida, everyone else on vacation.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:10PM »

Ah  Jim I think Rich Lives in Florida.   Wink  I suppose we can talk about our CW dreams call that touring.  Grin Grin Grin  BTW  I did have sort of a CW dream last night  Grin

Moscapoet
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:46PM »

Greetings GCH, and thank you for the mention. You are right that there are several gifted writers here that help bring the concerts alive for those who have missed them. Of course Mel has been the longest generator of such things and does a marvelous job. She is quite the detail person. You named a few and I would like to also add Kelli whose review from Red Rocks last spring was so touching it inspired a poem.
    I would encourage folks to post reviews of other things such as CDs and DVDs while we await the next concert and resulting tour. For example, in the Mairead forum I've posted reviews of some of her other efforts including her CD, and her performances on the Celtic Tenors and Feet Of Flames DVDs. I'm scouring the websites looking for a video of Invasion as well. Her site master is looking for it too at last report. Just clips so far.
      Each of these fine artists had a career outside CW before, and will have one again at some point. So, select your favorite artists and post a review of their other works. That should scratch the review itch of our forum friends like GCH. Thanks again for the mention. Most folks don't like reading long posts and it's nice to know it's appreciated.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 02:27PM »

Dwight, I know Rich lives in Forida. I was making a joke. Personally, i think we need to send him some of our warmth as I hear it gets cold there.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 03:09PM »

GCH,  I know what you are saying.  "On Tour" was so cool when everyday you could read about and live vicariously through the experiences of those who were at the shows.  Loved it, miss it.   In the words so beautifully sung by Chloe,  "Someday...soon", it will begin again.
                                                        Phil

Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 03:29PM »

that's a thought)

I would love to see some of our best review writers tag along with Celtic Woman (say-for a week) just to cover the shows, and report back to forum members..Why not have the folks at CW LTD. authorize a forum member (nominated by Rich or other forum members) to travel with the girls for a specified period of time, just to do reviews..

Oh, Oh, Oh!! *waves hand in air wildly* I volunteer to interveiw, uh, um, Amy, Helen, Julian, and Chloe!!!! I'm free anywhere from today-7/4!!!

JK! I wish I could, though

Dwight

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 03:37PM »

I kind of figured you did know I was trying to be tongue in cheek Smiley  Send Rich some of our warmth. I don't think Rich and Co. would appreciate our blast furnace temps we have been reaching this last week. Sat night at was 102 at 11:30 PM  I think I'm ready for a nice cool Irish rain.  Wink

Dwight, I know Rich lives in Forida. I was making a joke. Personally, i think we need to send him some of our warmth as I hear it gets cold there.

Jim

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 05:24PM »

Dwight. It's Monday and as you know we have cooled down to 112 today. I am ready for a nap. Just got an Ipod Shuffle all loaded with CW music and all I need is a place to lean back, kick off my boots and go to sleep while listening to the ladies.  Ok so I have my CDs going all day but with the Ipod I don't have to move, just listen.

I still think Florida needs more warmth for the beaches. As for rain, what's that? is it that wet stuff that falls from the sky and evaporates immediately?  Grin

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Green Clay Hound
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 05:59AM »

Ah Yes... I remember Kelli's review at Red Rocks as well..  Like I said, there are some very good writers aboard here, and for sake of leaving any out- I apologize to you all..

the top of the morning to you!

George
Dwight

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 10:57AM »

Monday was not as bad as over the weekend. We must have had a cold front Cheesy  Yeah Rain that stuff that falls from the sky but does not quite reach the ground. Except for the deposit of mud that gets left on our windsheilds. Welcome to the monsoon. I hear friday we are supposed to get some kind of moisture.

Dwight. It's Monday and as you know we have cooled down to 112 today. I am ready for a nap. Just got an Ipod Shuffle all loaded with CW music and all I need is a place to lean back, kick off my boots and go to sleep while listening to the ladies.  Ok so I have my CDs going all day but with the Ipod I don't have to move, just listen.

I still think Florida needs more warmth for the beaches. As for rain, what's that? is it that wet stuff that falls from the sky and evaporates immediately?  Grin

Jim

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 01:59PM »

someone plans on leaving a sprinkler on? I heard it was going to cool off to about 109

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Moscapoet
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 02:07PM »

OK, back on topic. GCH, for now try that morning cup of coffee with CW playing on CD or DVD. That should give you a good boost each day. Heck, write a review of them!  Grin Grin
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 03:17PM »

someone plans on leaving a sprinkler on? I heard it was going to cool off to about 109

Jim

Ok, a bit off topic, but...

It's supposed to be 86 today, but it seems like 102

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 04:16PM »

Ok, a bit off topic, but...

A bit?  LOL!  Here's the thread you need... Cheesy

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=4774.30

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: