Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets........  (Read 14143 times)
PerryWest
« on: July 18, 2008, 07:29PM »

If 200 members bought tickets to the same concert, I bet we might get noticed by somebody! Grin
WhiteWolf121

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 07:44PM »

Hmm, that sounds like a plan to me! (As if I have the money to go to one...  Sad)

I'm too lazy to put up a banner, so here's an invisible one:
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 07:47PM »

Good plan!! The only problem is, is if 200 members can afford it. Cheesy

PerryWest
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 07:50PM »

We still have time to save up before CW begins the next tour!
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52PM »

Hmmm.....it's a long shot... a very long shot! But nothing's impossible. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:55PM by Snookie » Logged

WhiteWolf121

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:54PM »

Wahh... I don't have get income!!! All I can do is sleep early and get $$ off of that...  Cry (I got the Helix DVD off last night, yay!)

I'm too lazy to put up a banner, so here's an invisible one:
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 07:56PM »

It's a good idea...but often forum members get noticed anyway!  We're the ones in the first few rows lip-syncing along, doing the Orinoco Wave, and generally a little more into it than the "average" audience member!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 10:25PM »

Kelli's right!  Cheesy  We usually get noticed whether there's a bunch of us or only a few of us!   Wink

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
PerryWest
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 03:57AM »

You folks are right. I apologize. If you already have a select group that gets noticed and are comfortable with, then more members would just mess that up! Totally sorry.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 04:18AM »

It's not a select group, it's more like if you're really into the show you are probably going to get noticed if you're close.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Moscapoet
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 12:51PM »

Mark, the more the merrier. We had upwards of thirty forum members in Toledo and from what I understand around that in West Palm Beach. Two hundred would be amazing and that is a lofty goal worth attempting. Kelli is right also in that forum fans get noticed as the ladies have an amazing gift for remembering names and faces. Forum folks many times are right where the artists can see them and do get attention from the stage at times. Please don't ever think that anyone here is in a select group. We are all fans just as you are. If anyone ever thinks they are elite in terms of their status as a fan or in the eyes of these artists they had better think again in my opinion. The entire ensemble genuinely loves each of their fans and are humbled at the outpouring of love and admiration. So, Mark, if there is a way to get 200 forum members to a concert, why not try it and see. Perhaps the next DVD recording would be a great chance to do that.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 02:34PM »

If we could get 300 of us all at the Greek Theatre, would Rich have to change his screen name from OldFatGuy to Leonidas?  Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Sorgi

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 04:03PM »

Good plan!! The only problem is, is if 200 members can afford it. Cheesy

...not to mention it'd be a logistical nightmare, besides even if we could get everyone in one city it would be like herding cats.... Grin

-Dan

2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 08:35PM »

We can always hope to get several hundred forum members together, whenever the new show is taped. Until recently, all my PMs (in and out going) ended with "Hope to see you at the taping". We can still hope that many of us will get tickets, and will be able to attend.

I hope to meet many of you when it happens. Grin

2B0B

Sorgi, I understand we have several expert cat herders on the forum!  Roll Eyes

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 09:24PM »

You folks are right. I apologize. If you already have a select group that gets noticed and are comfortable with, then more members would just mess that up! Totally sorry.

Absolutely no one was implying this in the least.  I would hope none of the forum members here are that shallow.  I don't think they are.  Everyone else has explained what was meant, so I'll just say please don't think that way, no one meant that at all!

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: