Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets........  (Read 14140 times)
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 03:41PM »

Would be wonderful to be at show with some of you from here. I know Shannon would enjoy it as well.
howard

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 07:00PM »

hi timi,
Well that's what happened to me, went to a cw concert (i was not a member here at the time), and the whole front row were members of this site, and someone said to me that they tried to get the whole row but one seat was taken (mine   Grin), great bunch of people, i had a great time, they told me about this site and about a week later i joined. It really is a great experience!!!!
howard
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 07:41PM »

That's really neat! I bet some of this family was in the front row at the show in Dallas (Grand Prairie - Nokia Theatre) back on Feb 14th. Shannon and I were 11th row back almost center stage....we had a wonderful time.
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 08:14PM »

timi,

I attended the Houston show, and there were 2 other members there(that I knew of). I got to meet one terrific member of this forum! It was really a great expeirence, considering I had 3rd row seats, but none-the-less.... Grin

Maggie
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 10:20AM »

On previous CW Tours, just by chatting on here we discovered who was going to which concert.

Then we ask where everyone is staying, (if they want to tell us of course!) and whether we want to meet for lunch or dinner before the Concert, etc.

Whether it is 2 or 3 members, 20 or 30, it is fun, and we do get noticed by the audience and by the CW artistes. Hopefully in a positive way! Cheesy

If we are lucky enough to get seats in the front section, the ladies, chorus, and musicians make it obvious they know we are there.

We are always aware that we are representing the Forum, and conduct ourselves appropriately.
OK, so some members get a little rambunctious during the Orinoco Flow and the livelier numbers. But that's OK, as long as you don't actually knock out the person next to you!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously though, we must be respectful of other members of the audience.....they did not pay good money to see and hear us.

There is no "élite" clique or group within the Forum.
This is a pretty special Forum, all members are equal, though we do appreciate all the hard work that Rich , Admin and Mods put into making it safe and fun. 
(applause, please!)

You may see references to the CW Sisterhood so I'd better explain.....

We discovered several lady members were traveling alone to West Palm Beach for the concert, and were wondering where to stay.
So for reasons of cost and safety, some of us booked an executive suite.
This was fun, it turned into a great slumber party, and cheaper than individual rooms.
Somebody came up with the comparison to the "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" (movie) so that was the theme.
We had pink foam crowns, and badges with our "sisterhood" names on.
We "band of sisters" certainly bonded and formed firm friendships, but nobody could describe us as "élite" !
Rich and Bob (Conchobar) were voted honorary members, and they fit right in.
They did not, however, share the suite. Wink

About 20 members were staying in the same hotel.

When CW came to Orlando, around 22 members were coming here, so I suggested we all go to Fiddler's Green Irish Pub for lunch before the concert. That was fun too.

In West Palm Beach we went to O'Shea's Irish Pub, and this kind of thing has happened several times now.

It's a great way to get to know other members, and put faces to the names.

I think I can say that all of us have enjoyed these gatherings, and are looking forward to more.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:38PM by Maggie » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 11:48AM »

When CW came to Orlando, around 22 members were coming here, so I suggested we all go to Fiddler's Green Irish Pub for lunch before the concert. That was fun too.
Yes, it was great fun.  Speaking of Orlando - who's going to be attending the High Kings concert there on 27th September?  We could make that another forum outing.   Grin

[o/t note:  Maggie, thanks so much for yesterday.  I've missed you, and it was delightful.  Hope you didn't get home too late.]

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Maggie
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 12:42PM »

Yes, it was great fun.  Speaking of Orlando - who's going to be attending the High Kings concert there on 27th September?  We could make that another forum outing.   Grin

[o/t note:  Maggie, thanks so much for yesterday.  I've missed you, and it was delightful.  Hope you didn't get home too late.]
o/t reply:
You're welcome, dear Rich!

Now you've got them all wondering what we were up to....
....not telling, so there!!!  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:44PM by Maggie » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 12:54PM »

Now you've got them all wondering what we were up to....
That was part of my evil plan.   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 12:56PM »

LOL!  You guys are funny.  It must be nice living near enough to other forum members to be able to visit once in a while, particularly when CW's not here. Wink

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 01:00PM »

LOL!  You guys are funny.  It must be nice living near enough to other forum members to be able to visit once in a while, particularly when CW's not here. Wink
It's great.  I'm not sure why it is, but Florida seems to be a nesting place for CW fans.  I don't know when mating season starts, but there's a bunch of us down here.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 01:09PM »

It's great.  I'm not sure why it is, but Florida seems to be a nesting place for CW fans.  I don't know when mating season starts, but there's a bunch of us down here.

Whoops, it seems I've strayed into the wrong topic! *backs out of topic slowly* 

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 01:13PM »

First you're talking about Rich and Maggie scheming, which is kind of a scary thought as to what they might be coming up with.  Then you bring up mating season, YIKES!  I'm with Kelli on this one.  Orlando is bound to be a great time.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Maggie
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 01:37PM »

Cool..........Shake a tail feather, baby!
We'll do that "céilí dancing on water" trick again.....till we get it right.......

Oh, ermmmm, yeah......get your tickets, then let us know who's coming to Orlando....
I think dinner will be at Raglan Road Irish Pub in Disney Marketplace...around 4pm.
Then I have a cunning little plan...(Blackadder fans will know that phrase)....

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:23PM by Maggie » Logged
PerryWest
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 02:03PM »

Ticket master has 3 seats in the 8th row Orchestra level!   CENTER SECTION
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:05PM by Mark P McConathy » Logged
PerryWest
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 02:04PM »

I am trying to sign up with the Venue..... There may be better seats available if we play our cards right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: