Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret question  (Read 18498 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 05:16PM »

Does that mean...*softly*...we are different so we like them to do every different tune?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Truffle Fairy

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 03:14PM »

Here's a definition of pop music :
Pop music, often called simply pop, is contemporary music and a common type of popular music (distinguished from classical or art music and from folk music[1]). The term does not refer specifically to a single genre or sound, and its meaning is different depending on the time and place. Within popular music, "pop music" is often distinguished from other subgenres by stylistic traits such as a danceable rhythm or beat, simple melodies and a repeating structure.

Pop is definately very vague in its meaning, and it can include many differnt kinds of musical elements such as jazz, folk, or trip hop. There is a LOT of good pop fusion music. I think the term has gotten a bad name for itself because of the commercialized bubble-gum pop that is so prominent on the top 40 charts and in the media and what not. That kind of music is mass-produced crud out of a can.

So we can say with a loud voice "yes some CW songs fit in the category of pop music, as a fusion with other musical elements, of course!" Smiley  One thing is for sure, it is ALL beautifully written and arranged, pure, and of extraordianary musical quality. That's all that matters.

~Jess
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 07:07AM »

some songs on Chloe's CD could be counted as cross-over

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18AM »

Crossover? If it is, then I need to say that it must sound like pop to me.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celeste

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 01:04PM »

I like it when they avoid the pop and sing the traditional Irish songs.

Yes, I agree completely. Those, and also the classical numbers (like "Panis Angelicus" and, in a certain sense, "Vivaldi's 'Rain'") are always my favorites.

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 01:26PM »

And SUV's are really the station wagons of the 60's and 70's. Cheesy
(sorry, I had nothing relevant to contribute)
Whatever they sing and whatever it's called, they do it beautifully, with class and grace.
Maggie
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 09:26PM »

I'll keep my voice low  Wink

Yes, some of their songs are, in fact, pop songs. "You Raise Me Up" is an example, and I believe "Sing Out!" and possibly even "Walking in the Air" are pop songs as well.

"Walking in the air" was written 26 years ago for an animated movie "The Snowman".

It was a big hit in the UK, and became a Christmas Classic.

In the movie it was sung by Peter Auty, a boy soprano in St Paul's Cathedral Choir.

I don't think of it as a pop song.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 12:11PM »

I'll keep my voice low  Wink

Yes, some of their songs are, in fact, pop songs. "You Raise Me Up" is an example, and I believe "Sing Out!" and possibly even "Walking in the Air" are pop songs as well.

"Walking in the air" was written 26 years ago for an animated movie "The Snowman".

It was a big hit in the UK, and became a Christmas Classic.

In the movie it was sung by Peter Auty, a boy soprano in St Paul's Cathedral Choir.

I don't think of it as a pop song.

I don't either. I first saw that movie when I was about 5 or 6. Someone bought it for me for Christmas and I always remember enjoying that song. I even sang it in choir when I was about 13. I don't see it as a pop song.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 01:49PM »

Well, then let's lower our bodies down and find if there can be others as pop songs.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 09:11AM »

excellent question posted here KAJ. I'll really have to think on this one....and get back to you....
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 10:06AM »

Well, it's not that excellent, but still OK. It's just like I did not ask you.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 10:16AM »

I don't know if it is a "pop" song or not, but it is one of my favorite Chloe songs.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 10:58AM »

I just said that we have to lower our bodies down and find if there can be others as pop songs and that is not a question.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 12:46PM »

OK.
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 09:10AM »

She is everything but Hip-hop or country. Give the girl time though, she is only 20. She will eventually do it all. (well maybe not hip-hop. Hayley hip-hop may just not work "Yo Yo Yo...H-West in da HOUZ" ? NNNNNNo!)

AGREED 100%. NEVER hip-hop, PLZ, Hayley. Although, there is a picture on HWI, I think it was of Hayley and two hip-hoppers singing. And, I'm not sure about country (but, it may be because I don't like country). Maybe Thank God I'm A Country Boy/Girl, by John Denver.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: