Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tinkerbell Chat  (Read 18796 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: July 29, 2008, 02:41PM »

I have an idea I want to float out there and see if there's any interest. We've done DVD chats in the past for the CW Christmas DVD as well as the THK DVD. With this announcement that Máiréad is going to be featured in the soundtrack for the new Disney Tinker Bell movie would anyone be interested in doing a DVD chat for the movie?

Amazon has the release date listed as October 28th for the DVD and October 14 for the soundtrack.

What does anyone think? I'm totally looking for opinions here so feel free to post suggestions or whatever else.

aislin

edit: ooooook so there is interest!

How this works is we'll all be in the chat at 8pm central and we'll start our DVDs together around 8:15. While the movie/soundtrack plays we'll chat about it.

The rules this time will be the same as always:
  • No spoilers! I know that some will have watched the DVD before the chat, but some people won't and would liked to be surprised.
  • Stay on topic. The chat is about the DVD.
  • Remember, the forum rules also apply in the chat so please be respectful.

The DVD itself has a runtime of 70min according to Amazon so I don't think we'll need a break this time. I’m going to have to get my hands on a copy of the soundtrack before I can say anything definite on it.

Due to the glory that is our new host we no longer need to keep lists of who all is coming to the chats. Even better we're going to set up a separate room in the chat just for the Tinkerbell DVD so that general chatting is still available. If you've never been in the chat when we've used more than one room please see this thread so that you know how to change rooms: http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=5615.0.

Update 9.26
So, here’s the thing. Originally the Tinkerbell chat was supposed to happen on October 28... then CW decided that to put out their new CD/DVD on October 28 as well. So we’re going to push the Tinkerbell DVD chat back a day to Wednesday October 29. We’re also going to do one over the Tinkerbell DVD that following Sunday, the 2nd.

In addition we’re going to do a special edition of our Friday Night Chats on Friday October 17 over the Tinkerbell Soundtrack.

The month of October and on into November is packed with chats, the whole list of them can be found here: http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=5769.0.

aislin
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:32PM by aislin » Logged
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:47PM »

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 02:48PM »

I think that sounds great! I'm in for it.

Thanks Lindsey
OrangeTea

le bruit d'une émeute paisible

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:13PM »

i'm down Smiley  what kinda time frame are we looking for after the cd release?
(i've never done a watch/listen and chat thing b4, sorry)

CRRopes: I'm a penguin! Cheesy
OldFatGuy: I think we just wrote the script to the next Saw movie.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:59PM »

I think that sounds like a great idea! Cheesy I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to participate but I'd sure be willing to! Anything involving Máiréad is cool with me.  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
tiburongirl
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:19PM »

ooooooooo, great idea!  You can count me in!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

CTofer

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:32PM »

I would sure love to give it a whirl Wink
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 05:36PM »

i'm down Smiley  what kinda time frame are we looking for after the cd release?
(i've never done a watch/listen and chat thing b4, sorry)

Cris,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but basically we do the chat the day the DVD comes out or a few days later. We are all in the chat and we start the DVD at the same time and we chat about it as it plays. I think that answers your question... if not let me know.

aislin
howard

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 05:45PM »

Aislin,

I missed the Christmas DVD chat.  I guess you mean that you want to get on the chat here and talk about the new Tinker Bell movie.
Now maybe I am wrong but I thought this is going to appear in the movies first, but I guess not.

However, what I would suggest we should wait at least 3 - 4 weeks before we do this so that everyone can get it and view it.

Just a suggestion but then again I don't know how long you wait when the Xmas DVD came out.

My Very Best,
Howard
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 06:07PM »

Howard,

Sorry, I've been posting about 2 DVD chats today and apparently my brain doesn't do duplication so well. I went and modified my first post adding in how the Chats work.

Tinker Bell is a direct to DVD release. I think at one time it was going to be in the theaters but apparently that's changed.

In general we try to do the DVD chats as soon as they come out. A lot of people enjoy waiting and watching the whole thing for the first time while in the chat so that they can share their first impressions with their friends. At least, that's been our experience in the past.

I totally understand what you're saying about not necessarily having time to get the DVD on the day of so we try to do another chat the following weekend.

aislin
howard

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 06:18PM »

Hi Aislin,

Well either way, I am for it, but if I am on chat and have not seen the DVD, somebody better not tell me how it ends... Cheesy Wink Cheesy

I'm there,
Howard
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 06:19PM »

Howard,

That's one of our main rules for these chats, no spoilers! So have no fear, no one will give it away. Wink

aislin
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 06:52PM »

I love the idea of having a Tinker Bell chat.  I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to participate in the chat at this point, but I love the idea.   Smiley

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53PM »

Coleen,

I'll go ahead and add you to the list, if you for sure can't come let me know.

aislin
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 06:56PM »

I'll probably be there for one or both.

Chris

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: