Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Special - July 17th & 18th  (Read 21942 times)
mainopsman

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 03:59PM »

I feel like a kid, can't wait, for Christmas to get here.   This is really CW's perfect gift to us their fans.   I know I will be stocking on the CDs up for Christmas gifts. 

JIM Cheesy

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 04:26PM »

This Christmas special is gonna be an adventure. Wonder what to expect, the girls in Santa hats?  Grin

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 05:10PM »

I stand corrected Flags, I wasn't aware if the Christmas one was a CD or DVD, I honestly didn't know.  I've only seen the ANJ DVD and I have both Lisa and Orlagh's solo CDS.  That's it!

I do hope I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a group touring to promote their Christmas album.  That's why I'm hoping they'll be doing another special and that's what will lead to the next concert tour.

You really should get the Helix Theater DVD. It's quite good too. And if you like Hayley her DVD is great.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 06:24PM »

Folks, I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, I could be wrong, but tell me, how often does a group do a tour to promote a Christmas album?

Sadly, this makes a lot of sense. BUT, sometimes some groups do things a bit different. Think outside the box type of thing. Maybe this will be something new and creative. Another creative move by David Downes?Probably not, but hey, its a xmas show so we can hope right?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 07:53PM »

David has said in various interviews that he wants CW to keep evolving and it is hard to tell what he has in store for us.

fireyred09
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 02:47PM »

Well, in a pathetic attempt to lighten the mood, if the girls don't go on tour to promote the Christmas show, who's to say that it won't be made into a DVD? PBS could broadcast that and then sell the DVD's and CD's. If we don't get a tour out of it, which I doubt we will, at least we can see it on TV!

Unless this was already common knowledge---in which case, ignore the redhead shrinking back into the corner...  Wink
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 11:36PM »

This Christmas special is gonna be an adventure. Wonder what to expect, the girls in Santa hats?  Grin

Have any of you seen the winter video done by country singer Mindy McCreedy a few years back? Its not really a xmas video, but its a winter theme to it and its the best of its kind. In my opinion anyway. But theres lots of snow, little dogs running in it, horses, its out on a farm somewhere in the hills, so theres trees and mountains, etc.

So yes, Santa hats may be in the mix. Somehow there has to be snow and/or snowmen / snowwomen. Cute little animals would be nice. Presents and kids. Maybe involvement of Lisa's or Meav's youngins? Or other family members, if they put a family theme to it. That could be interesting. There are many possibilities. The more I think about it, the more I can't wait!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
McIrish

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 08:28PM »

Admit it.They could be singing Christmas Carols at the town dump & we would be there 24/7!Mc
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 06:39AM »

Admit it.They could be singing Christmas Carols at the town dump & we would be there 24/7!Mc

You are correct and I admit it. It's all about the girls and not the setting.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 03:30PM »

You are correct and I admit it. It's all about the girls and not the setting.
But I think setting does play a role to some extent. Since its an xmas program, I dont think sandy beaches, bikinis, palm trees, and ocean settings are gonna fly. Snow, pine trees, presents, Santa Claus, etc. are needed.

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 03:32PM »

I can't picture any of the women in bikinis, Cash. Tongue

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: