Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Olympic Thread  (Read 66047 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2008, 02:32AM »

They use rally scoring, which means that every time the ball is served someone gets a point whether it was you or not.  It makes the games go quicker and you can't take a play off.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2008, 02:59AM »

Wow, the Americans are doing awesome! Grin Wish the Dutch had more talent for winning things Wink Don't get me wrong, I love our athletes, but 'we' tend to lose most of the finales Wink

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
bob c

North Carolina

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2008, 07:02AM »

US versus Spain @ 10am (EDST) today !!!

bob c

North Carolina

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2008, 09:10AM »

US 61 - Spain 45 .... @ the half !!!

CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2008, 09:17AM »

Wow, the Americans are doing awesome! Grin Wish the Dutch had more talent for winning things Wink Don't get me wrong, I love our athletes, but 'we' tend to lose most of the finales Wink

The Dutch win at being cool and no amount of training can give you that, right Jammers?  Wink

Chris

CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2008, 09:50AM »

Sorry for the double post, but this wouldn't have really fit in with my last one. Heh.

I'm looking forward to the women's gymnastics individual apparatus finals. Nastia is competing in floor exercise, balance beam, and her unbelievable uneven bars. Shawn is competing in floor exercise and balance beam. I think both have the chance to come away with more medals. I'm not sure if we have anyone competing in the final for the vault. For some reason, my mind is saying Alicia will do it but I could be hallucinating. I hope she does it and wins a medal doing it. She deserves it after all she's gone through this Olympics!

Chris

bob c

North Carolina

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2008, 10:13AM »

US 119 - Spain 82  !!!

bob c

North Carolina

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2008, 05:55PM »

Woman's Marathon just started.....US has already lost a runner ...... Sad

Should end around 10 ...EDST .....

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2008, 07:26PM »

Sorry for the double post, but this wouldn't have really fit in with my last one. Heh.

I'm looking forward to the women's gymnastics individual apparatus finals. Nastia is competing in floor exercise, balance beam, and her unbelievable uneven bars. Shawn is competing in floor exercise and balance beam. I think both have the chance to come away with more medals. I'm not sure if we have anyone competing in the final for the vault. For some reason, my mind is saying Alicia will do it but I could be hallucinating. I hope she does it and wins a medal doing it. She deserves it after all she's gone through this Olympics!

Chris

I know Alicia did qualify for vault, so she'll be doing vault finals I believe. I hope she wins one. I feel like I've been watching Alicia compete for so many years. Vault is clearly her best apparatus and I really hope she medals.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2008, 09:38PM »

MICHAEL PHELPS DID IT! He got 8 Gold medals! Way to GO PHELPS! I am so proud of you! Great job USA!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:48PM by Trouble » Logged

Thanks Lindsey
CTofer

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2008, 11:17PM »

Michael Phelps is amazing. Just. Freakin'. Amazing.
CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2008, 02:09AM »

I know Alicia did qualify for vault, so she'll be doing vault finals I believe. I hope she wins one. I feel like I've been watching Alicia compete for so many years. Vault is clearly her best apparatus and I really hope she medals.

Thanks, Emily. I thought she qualified too. I hope she kicks some serious *ahem* and shows everyone what she's capable of and wins a medal! She's got a LOT of talent.

Chris

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2008, 08:26PM »

That was really cool to see the German lady win the silver in women's vault.
Howeved Alicia got ripped off.  Yes she didn't stick her landings but she didn't take a giant step and land on her knee.  The judges need to borrow my glasses.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2008, 12:27PM »

I was away for the weekend but tuned in to see Michael Phelps win Gold Medal #8. Way to go, Michael. You did yourself, your family, and the USA proud!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Rigatony60

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2008, 12:46PM »

That was really cool to see the German lady win the silver in women's vault.
Howeved Alicia got ripped off.  Yes she didn't stick her landings but she didn't take a giant step and land on her knee.  The judges need to borrow my glasses.
That was really ridiculous, how did that 'Fei' girl get a better score than 'Sacramone' when she landed directly on her knees. Alicia landed both vaults?Huh!!!! That was very upsetting. Did you see how mad Bella was?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: