Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: greatest hits cd in october?  (Read 58436 times)
Inga
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2008, 06:06AM »

There you can listen to samples of the songs

www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/hnum/3264059?rk=home&rsk=hitlist
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2008, 06:22AM »

There you can listen to samples of the songs

www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/hnum/3264059?rk=home&rsk=hitlist

Fair warning some of the samples and track names don't match, clicking on Orinoco Flow will get you The Voice for example.

aislin
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2008, 06:58AM »

I'm looking forward to this! But I'm broke, so I'm probably going to have to wait until Christmas. Oh well.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2008, 03:30PM »

Lousy samples they stop right when it starts to get good!  Wink I bet they aren't even 30 secs! btw is that Alex singing Ave Maria? If its Chloe she sounds really different.

P.S Beyond the Sea is the Japanese Single version!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:34PM by Western_Rose » Logged

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Inga
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2008, 11:22AM »

btw is that Alex singing Ave Maria?

No, its Chloe.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:29AM by Inga » Logged
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2008, 04:25PM »

In the news section of his webpage David Downes has a description of the upcoming release:  http://web.mac.com/downesdavid/David_Downes/News.html.

Coming from him, we know it is accurate!  Wink

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2008, 09:40PM »

This is so exciting!!! The new songs sound great.  I still have to pre-order my copy!!  Ahh I can't wait!

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2008, 06:14PM »

Forum member Edanargu made this  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexW1M_zBxw&feature=email

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05PM »

My copy of The Greatest Journey finally arrived from Amazon.de. I give you the track listing and whose singing/playing on what:
  • The Call  (Alex, Chloë, Lisa, Lynn, Máiréad, Órlagh)
  • Pie Jesu  (Chloë, Lynn, Máiréad
  • Harry's Game  (Órlagh)
  • The Butterfly  (Máiréad)
  • The Voice  (Lisa)
  • Danny Boy  (Méav)
  • Orinoco Flow  (Lisa, Méav, Órlagh)
  • You Raise Me Up  (Chloë, Lisa, Lynn, Máiréad, Órlagh)
  • Shenandoah - The Contradiction  (Máiréad)
  • The Isle of Inisfree  (Órlagh)
  • Dúlaman  (Méav)
  • Green The Whole Year Round  (Lisa)
  • Ave Maria  (Chloë)
  • The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun  (Chloë, Lisa, Máiréad, Méav, Órlagh)
  • Somewhere  (Chloë, Lisa, Méav, Órlagh)
  • Beyond The Sea  (Chloë, Lisa, Máiréad, Méav, Órlagh)
  • Mo Ghile Mear (Chloë, Lisa, Máiréad, Méav, Órlagh)
  • Spanish Lady  (Chloë, Lisa, Máiréad, Méav, Órlagh)

The insert this time isn't a booklet but rather a folded six panel sheet and there are some interesting things to be gleaned from it. The gospel choir that does the backups on YRMU is the Discovery Gospel Choir. The album design was once again done by Máiréad's sister in law Caroline. The two pictures used on the sleeve are the one warehouse picture from CW.com and the white individual photos all put together. Both include Alex. Synan O'Mahony is listed as the stylist so I'm assuming he either made or picked out the girls dresses. Scott Porter is now listed the CEO of CW Ltd. with Dave Kavanagh being the Executive Chairman. And we've added another Kelly sister, Joanne, to the company as a product manager.

Without hesitation I'm going to say the BIGGEST surprise of the album is Chloë's voice. As others have noted in the thread about The Call her voice is different... it sounds more like she's settled into it and it's lost some of its breathy-ness and gained some MAJOR power. Because of this Pie Jesu is a total surprise and it is a gorgeous duet with Lynn. Ave Maria has the same music as it does on the original CW CD but Chloë recorded new vocals for it and it's awesome.

The Call is new, obviously, Orinoco Flow sounds like they just changed the music not the singing, You Raise Me Up has an added verse and starts out in a different key then the original version, and Green the Whole Year Round is a studio track, not the live version that you can buy off iTunes. Shenandoah - The Contradiction is a studio track... which is kinda odd to listen to as I'm so used to hearing the live versions and I've seen Máiréad do that combo live on the tours. Everything else on the album is stuff taken from the other CDs.

That should, I hope, answer any and all questions people might have about the new CD. If I've missed something feel free to ask.

aislin
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:21PM by aislin » Logged
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2008, 05:19PM »

Aislin do you speak German. I ask cuz on Amazon.de is German and put mail in checkout page well I am not sure which line is for what info.
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2008, 05:33PM »

So it's not the tour version of SDS?  What about Hayley's lines?
Either was I am SO excited about the new CD.  Was the DVD already released in Europe?

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2008, 06:05PM »

No, I don't speak German. But, Amazon is Amazon so I walked myself through the checkout on Amazon.com the same time I was checking out on Amazon.de. It also helped that I'm really familiar with the Amazon checkout process.

And good call, I did forget to mention SDS. It's not the tour version, so we're still missing the tour verse. *sigh* Chloë sings Hayley's lines.

And there is no DVD yet in Germany.

aislin
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2008, 06:15PM »

I am famaliar with Amazon check out process just that for Germany for instance and UK, that Names and address are in different order than here, I should pull up Amazon.com and .de and follow it that way. I let you know........
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2008, 06:47PM »

Thanks Aislin for the detailed description for us!  We appreciate your substantial time and effort in bringing it to us!  Smiley

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2008, 09:53PM »

Aislin, I have a promo copy being sent to me and will let you know if booklet is the same next week.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: