Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: greatest hits cd in october?  (Read 58404 times)
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2008, 06:51AM »

Is Beyond The Sea the Japanese Single version? Very strange about The Sky The Dawn The Sun how did they edit out Hayley I wonder, is it an old recording?

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2008, 08:14AM »

Something else I forgot. Yes, Beyond the Sea is the Japanese single version, so no Hayley. As to SDS... I have no idea. There's several ways they could have done it but I have no way of knowing for certain how they did do it.

aislin
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2008, 09:56AM »

I'm not an expert mind you. But I don know a little about the recording process. (If I am wrong in any aera, please correct me experts!  Wink) But when they do a recording, typically, they create a digital version of the song with 'fake' instrements. Then the artists sing the song to that digital copy. All artists' voices are recorded on different mics and recorded on seperate tracks. Then the real music is recorded, and pasted together with all of the seperate tracks for the artists. Then tada! You have a recording. Since all the 'pieces' are recorded sepretaly, it wouldn't be that hard for Hayley's part to be taken out.  Grin
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2008, 10:12AM »

Celtic Lass you are on the right path though different. The music tracks are seperate than the vocals. Also not all artist record digital but on or analog,  tape for warmer sound yet transfer digital. And processed for vinly and cd. Though alot of us won't know the difference listening to the radio. Will know The music tracks are sampled by others who really can't sing.
Also older albums that were transfered to cd you can still hear the hissing when cd's being made in the early 80's. Also with DAT(digital audio tape) to record from vinyl and cd's to transfer.
I am just keeping it simple. But just as you like what you hear and like is important you
Also you buy turntables that plug into the computer to record vinly and download to make cd.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:02PM by Shywolf » Logged
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2008, 10:32AM »

Hmm...sounds like most of the group songs that were on ANJ, have been redone, or other releases, as mentioned about the Japan versions. So pretty much alot of new sounds, since use to hearing Hayley on some of them.

Me Like!

And CONGRATS TO SCOTT!!! AND YES...WE HAVE ANOTHER KELLY GIRL  Grin Grin.

Meant to add I can't wait. I had noticed Chloe's voice since the Pittsburgh show, and when I heard her on The Call, that just sealed it, she has come into her mature voice and she just gets better and better.

It's official...Chloe is all grown up  Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:34AM by Mel » Logged

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2008, 11:25AM »

Mel, I have a promo of new cd being sent to me. I should have it next week Smiley yiippee  Cheesy
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2008, 01:30PM »

Ok, shywolf. Thanks!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2008, 05:04PM »

Celtic Lass , welcome that is simple to explain it. Knowing me I can blah blah to much on this area.........
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2008, 06:00PM »

DVD track listing compliments of CW.com

• Mo Ghile Mear
  • The Prayer
  • Harry's Game
  • The Butterfly
  • Orinoco Flow
  • Green the Whole Year Round
  • Walking in the Air
  • Danny Boy
  • The Voice
  • Scarborough Fair
  • Granualie's Dance
  • The Isle of Inisfree
  • Sing Out
  • Over the Rainbow
  • The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun
  • May It Be
  • One World
  • Dúlaman
  • Newgrange
  • At the Céili
  • Shenandoah - The Contradiction
  • Caledonia
  • Somewhere
  • The Soft Goodbye
  • Nella Fantasia
  • Spanish Lady
  • You Raise Me Up

aislin
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30PM »

Sure is alot do you think it will all be highlights of the last three dvds? cause if it is I hate to say it but thats kind of boring.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2008, 04:22AM »

That is what was stated from the begining. This DVD was a highlight of the past 3yrs of CW.  Basically the Story of CW so far.  Now whether there is commentary between the songs, don't know. I know it has that 1hr long documentary, but is that seperate from the songs, it sounded like it was from all the articles I had read.

It's like me and ABBA, I have several DVD collections,  but they have the same music videos, just something to add to ones collection.

Also I think this DVD is to help with just keeping them in the eyes of the public, till they can Do the DVD they were going to do this past summer. Gives PBS something to work with for their pledging.

Zo

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2008, 04:49PM »

It's like me and ABBA, I have several DVD collections,  but they have the same music videos, just something to add to ones collection.

Gee, Mel....nice to know I'm not the only one that has collected ABBA stuff Grin Grin

Now I have CW  Cheesy

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
Gerard

« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2008, 01:18AM »

I can't help but notice that A Christmas Celebration is not well represented (apart from Green the Whole Year Round). Too bad, because so many songs on that DVD deserved to be put on a Greatest Hits collection.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2008, 06:15AM »

I think the reason GTWYR is included, is it's almost, ALMOST not a Christmas song.  I mean right now I have no Christmas songs on my iPod (unlike last year, when the ACC was on my iPod for months before Christmas), but I do have GTWYR, ok..so it's a Lisa song, but that's not why I have it on there... Cool, but it's a nice SEASON song. 

Smiley

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11PM »

I received my promo copy of the cd today Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: