Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: greatest hits cd in october?  (Read 58411 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 01:15PM »

Is there a concert that looks the same?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 06:01PM »

Maybe the release will be in conjunction with the announcement of a 2009 US tour which PBS will be promoting later this year...good news indeed!  Smiley

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 08:46PM »

I'm confused too!  But excited!  Are they filming a new DVD with all these songs on it?  Well, I look forward to more details.  (Oh, and I wonder if "The Call" means the one from Narnia?  If so, I'm going to be VERY excited!!!)

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 09:02PM »

I'm confused too!  But excited!  Are they filming a new DVD with all these songs on it?  Well, I look forward to more details.  (Oh, and I wonder if "The Call" means the one from Narnia?  If so, I'm going to be VERY excited!!!)

According to this article:
The new TV special will be a collection of memorable highlights taken from their past PBS specials: Celtic Woman: Live, A New Journey: Live at Slane Castle and A Christmas Celebration.

That article also contains this picture:

Now, considering that I have never seen the girls in any of those outfits before in a publicity photo, and that it does mention Alex and Lynn but not Méav.... I'm not entirely sure what to think.

aislin
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 09:13PM »

Just to add to Rich what said, that there is the whole sale price from Celtic Collections and thier distributor and a set retail price to other disbutors to their customers and mark up it for a little profit. That is simple version. Wink
Now the retailers buy from them. But of course changes over the years with downloads.
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 09:23PM »

The new TV special will be a collection of memorable highlights taken from their past PBS specials: Celtic Woman: Live, A New Journey: Live at Slane Castle and A Christmas Celebration.

Now, considering that I have never seen the girls in any of those outfits before in a publicity photo, and that it does mention Alex and Lynn but not Méav.... I'm not entirely sure what to think.

aislin

See, that's what confused me.  It says highlights, but does that mean a totally new performance, or a jumble of previously filmed ones?  That would exclude the new songs.  Oh well, all will be revealed it time, it's just up to me to be patient.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
celticfan1973
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 09:31PM »

aislin

There are two (2) things I'm wondering about:

1. Will this be the new cover?

2. Will the DVD and CD be release together, or separately as usual?

Michael  Undecided

P. S. That photo was make a awesome poster Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:36PM by Celtic~Fan~73 » Logged
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 09:46PM »

Good question don't be shocked if seperate. Yet as the Chinese pressings of ANJ, CW and ACC are CD & DVD in one case with extra pics. But for USA Canada, and Europe too they release some or most now in the jewel case or digipack. But depends on the packaging an licesing agreements signed with the distributors.

Well the industry is still in me  Roll Eyes Grin
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 10:13PM »

Don't you just LOVE that picture of the girls?!  I do!  What a gorgeous picture of all the girls!! I especially like that picture of Lisa and the one of Lynn!  I can't wait for it to be released.  Especially the DVD.  It says it has some great behind the scenes features!  I wonder if the DVD is clips from the other DVDs on the familiar songs, or something new like scenery or something (kind of like Chloë's DVD) with the songs as the girls sing!  Totally can't wait!

The article implies that it's a compilation of past shows, with the addition of those few songs.   Then in addition to this we have the taping of a brand new show to look forward to!  I wonder if the picture has something to do with the new show (on another article about this Oct. release Méav also is mentioned), but Méav may still be in this DVD, at least if they use clips from the past shows.  I wonder if the two songs "Pie Jesu" and "The Call" are previews to the new show?  We'll just have to wait and see.  I have it on good authority that the details regarding this "best of . . . " CD/DVD will soon be posted on the CW website. Wink  So we will see what they tell us about it. Grin

Exciting Things Are Happening In The CW World Once Again . . . WOOO HOOOO!!! Grin
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:20PM by Jeanine » Logged

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
DakotaF.
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 10:10AM »

Forgive me for being the dissenting one here but doesn't it seem a little soon for a greatest hits CD? It's only been two albums after all! What's your thoughts?

Edit: yes i forgot the Christmas albums but I don't think many people count those as opposed to regular new albums since a lot of artists do those anyway.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:12AM by DakotaF. » Logged
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 10:20AM »

I've got a sneaky suspicion that "The Call" (I really hope its the one from Narnia!) and "Pie Jesu" are new songs for the new show. And this DVD will be a compilation of the past 3 dvds. Who knows? The new songs could be filmed on the Euro tour! Or the whole dvd might be new. IDK lets hope CW Ltd. gives us information soon.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 10:48AM »

I sort of wonder that since they didn't tape the new show in time for the fund raising that if this is what PBS will air this fall for money donations.  Even if they had made the new show DVD in August it would be difficult to get it processed and air worthy by fund time. So this way they could show the highlights of all the shows and people would buy this DVD and pledge to PBS. Then they would have the new show for next summers  and falls  money drives.  We all are going to buy it and so will tons of others. It works!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 11:44AM »

It makes perfect sense to me that they would do something like this now.  The last three shows have been extremely popular throughout, so why not make a collection of favorites from them?  I also think it acts as a clincher as they prepare to launch an entirely new show in the near future.  It doesn't really surprise me in the least.  I'm certain it will be great!

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2008, 12:02PM »

The European tour is going to be the final ANJ show.  So it's possible that they might tape a new concert in January and then start touring it in February.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2008, 12:58PM »

You are right. Let's have at least 10 more cds

Jim

Greedy for more cds

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: