Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deirdre's CD  (Read 41123 times)
howard

« on: August 10, 2008, 04:41PM »

Hello Everyone,

I never heard Deidre sing before, (I first heard of CW Nov 2006), I went ahead and purchased her CD, (Thanks Jenny).  Without hearing her I just knew she had to have a great singing voice...You do not not become a member of CW without having one.

I must have listened to her CD over a dozen times this past weekend.  And I am not dissappointed, a few of the songs I am familiar with, (done by other of our CW ladies), and I really enjoy Deirdre's version.  But I cannont pick whose version I like the best. Since each of our ladies are unique and have a different beautiful sound that they project.

I find Deirdre's voice to be very strong, full, and rich, (no pun intended).

On this CD I did find two songs most interesting: 'I Know My Love' & 'Apron of Flowers".  Deidre sounds that she is singing from the West Indies, like Jamaica 'mon'.  Two very good uplifting songs.

Since I am a new fan of Deirdre and I am sure most of you have this CD all ready and if not I highly recommend it.

You will not be dissappointed.

Best Regards,
Howard
DeirdreFan
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:21PM »

Sounds familiar... listening to her CD over and over... Yep.. sounds like you've been bit by the Deirdre bug!    Cheesy

But you're right... I have yet to meet anyone who didn't absolutely adore her magnificent voice! - she is definitely one of a kind!

Love, Jenny x
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:26PM »

she is definitely one of a kind!
Yeah, she's okay.   Wink

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:31PM »

LOL-- Rich!!   And Jenny, everything about Deirdre is magnificent!!!   Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:33PM »

Boy, I hear you Howard!  For me, I have to think of the various versions of the songs as different songs.  It's like comparing two totally different things to me.  I have such a tough time with the concept of "favorite".  There isn't a song on Deirdre's CD that can't hold it's own against ANYONE else's version.  And when you combine that sort of talent with someone who is genuinely kind and generous, it's a no brainer why she's One Of my favorites!  Smiley

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Frozen_Rose_of_the_Sea

"I make the angel scream, and the devil cry!"

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 08:56PM »

I noticed she had a solo cd!
I would love to get it. Her voice is so lovely.

"Don't you think that's a little harsh? Killing me because of the way I t-t-t-talk?" - Nero from "Devil May Cry 4"

"This party's gettin' crazy! Let's rock!" - Dante from "Devil May Cry 3"
DeirdreFan
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14AM »

http://www.deirdreshannon.net/Official_Website/shop.htm

If i may, I'd like to direct you to the above link where you can hear samples of Deirdre's CD and make a purchase.  I'm also a distributor for her CD here in the USA. The cost is $22.00 ($20.00 for the CD and $2.00 S&H).  If anyone is interested in buying, they can send it via PayPal -- I use the email address of: jenny.fedei@gmail.com for PayPal.  Or, you can send a check via snail mail to:   

Deirdre Shannon Promotions
c/o Jenny Fedei
P.O. Box 11335
Erie, PA 16514
USA

I just ask that if you choose the latter (snail mail), that you zap a quick email off to me letting me know that a check is in the mail... I only visit the PO box once a week or so, but if I know a check is coming then I make it a point to check sooner.... the quicker you will receive your CD as well.

On a side note, Deirdre has won several outstanding awards for this particular CD.   I'm not kidding when I say that it's probably one of the best purchases you'll make this year!  Her voice is absolutely haunting and beautiful and I have yet to meet anyone who didn't agree.  If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of her shows, you'll see first hand just how talented and amazing this young lady really is, not to mention she's a real sweetheart in person -- one of the nicest people I have ever met and I mean that sincerely.  There isn't anything I wouldn't do for her... well almost anything... I wouldn't bungee jump off an airplane in full flight for her!  Other then that, it's all good.

Her fans are some of the nicest bunch too.  I've had the privilege of meeting so many of them -- it's actually what brought me to Rich when we met at a Deirdre show in WV a few years ago... I've never forgiven Deirdre for that!! .......... Just kidding!!  I love my Rich to itty bitty pieces (just don't tell him I told you so!   Wink )

Hugs,
Jenny xxx

P.S. If you want to read further reviews of her CD take a peek here:
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000CNF4KQ/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?_encoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

If you have already heard her CD, please take the time to leave a review -- thanks.   Smiley

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:20AM by Jenny » Logged
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 04:47AM »

Jenny is soooooo right on the money!!!  I have seen Deirdre perform, was extremely lucky to get to meet the Lady ( and I DO mean Lady in the highest degree!! )  and I have been a fan ever since.   I have given the cd to friends and I have yet to not hear back just how terrific she is. I still have three CD's on hand for Christmas presents and I will probably have to get more!!!  Please believe what you read in the posts above because there is nothing that is not an absolute truth about Deirdre.  And I don't think I would put to the test of Jenny jumping out of that plane if it meant it would help her. If I were there I would help push!! LOL  Just kidding, Jenny!!!  Along these same lines-- Deirdre is a very lucky Lady to have people like Jenny, Brian and Rich in her corner.  What better group of people  anyone could ever expect such devotion and help from--- They just aren't out there, believe you me!! 
Buy this CD and you will never regret spending the $22.00 ---- promise!!!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 06:27AM »

For those who are into instant gratification - you can buy Deirdre's tracks as MP3 downloads right here.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 07:47AM »

I only had one disappointment with Deirdre's CD.

THERE IS ONLY ONE!! Sad

When is the lovely lady going to produce a second one?  Maybe her Uncle can persuade her.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 07:22PM »

Deirdre's CD is one of my favorites that I own.  I listen to it quite often.  My favorite song on the CD is "The Prayer" with her brother Matthew.  It's incredible! 

Jenny is spot on about Deirdre.  She is the sweetest person I have ever met.  She is such a dear! 

If you haven't purchased this CD, you are missing out.  It's wonderful!

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
L.A. Girl

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28PM »

I agree with everything positive that has been said about Deidre and her music. Although I have not  had the privilege of meeting her in person, I have been in chatrooms with her. Her voice is soothing, ethereal, and crystal clear. She also has an amazing soprano voice. I hope that Deidre will return to So. California in the near future.

Dianne
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 08:47PM »

Dianne,  do not let the chance slip by to see, hear and meet Deirdre!!!   It's an experience you will remember and cherish forever.   I know I will travel a looooong way to see her.  I just wish she was in a show that gave her more songs. She certainly could carry a show and I'm hoping she will do just that, and very soon.  I sometimes think she doesn't want to do that and must be turning them down.  Because I know there are producers out there that can see and hear-- at least I sure hope so-- because they sure won't find anyone more beautiful and talented than Deirdre.   So I really hope she comes close enough to you so you can get to her show-- then you will know exactly what we feel about the Lady.  We are working on Rich to become a little more enthusiastic and a bigger fan-- I think we're getting to him just a bit!!! LOL

Inga
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 01:41AM »

Does Deirdre has a contract with a record lable?
DeirdreFan
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:03AM »

Does Deirdre has a contract with a record lable?
]

Hi Inga,
Not at this time... she Independent with her recordings. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: