Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CWF.com Chat Series  (Read 73981 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: August 23, 2008, 11:00AM »

Rich and I have been talking and now that we're in a better hosting situation something we'd like to do is hold DVD/CD chats on a regular basis. So, with that in mind, we've come up with the following plan.

Starting this coming Friday, August 29, we're going to start doing CD/DVD chats every two weeks. What we watch or listen to will be up to you all. For the weeks in between the chats we're going to take suggestions as to which CD/DVD we chat about. Nominations can be entered starting on the Saturday morning after the last chat. It can be any CW or THK CD/DVD, any group members solo CDs/DVDs, or any DVD wherein a group member participated (like Deirdre and Máiréad on the Celtic Tenors DVD).

And, as we don't have to worry about our host too much we're not going to keep lists of who's coming and we're going to add a separate room in the chat so that general chatting will still be available.

The standard chat rules apply:
  • No spoilers! I know that some will have watched/heard the DVD/CD before the chat, but some people won't and would liked to be surprised.
  • Stay on topic. The chat is about the DVD, if you just want to talk about anything the main room of the chat will be open and you can do so there.
  • Remember, the forum rules also apply in the chat so please be respectful.

The chat will start at 8pm central and we'll actually start the CD/DVD at around 8:15.

As far as suggestions, let's try to keep at least 2 months between uses. In other words, a DVD that's already been watched won't be up for consideration until two months have passed since the last time we watched it. In order to help with that I'll keep a list here with dates.

CD/DVD    Date
Celtic Woman: Live from the Helix (DVD)    8.29.08
Hayley Westenra: Live from New Zealand    9.12.08
Lynn Hillary: Take Me With You    9.26.08
Celtic Woman: A New Journey (DVD)    10.10.08
Tinkerbell (CD)    10.17.08
A Celtic Family Christmas    10.24.08
Celtic Woman: The Greatest Journey (CD)    11.7.08
Deirdre Shannon    11.21.08
Máiréad: Raining Up    1.9.09
Lisa: Lisa    1.23.09
Órlagh: The Water is Wide    2.6.09
Hayley: Celtic Treasure    2.20.09
Chloë: Walking in the Air    3.6.09
IoH: Spoiler Chat    3.20.09
Méav: Silver sea    4.3.09
Lynn: Take Me With You    4.17.09
Chloë: Chloë    5.1.09
IoH Spoiler Chat    5.15.09
Lisa: Lisa   5.29.09
Celtic Tenors (DVD)   6.12.09
Celtic Woman: Live from the Helix (DVD)    6.26.09
Celtic Woman: A New Journey (DVD)    7.10.09
Deirdre (Self-titled CD)   7.24.09
Hayley: Odyssey   8.7.09
Chloë: Walking in the Air (DVD)  8.21.09
Máiréad: Raining Up (CD)  9.11.09

Update: 9.12
Our next Friday Night Chat will be on September 25 and we're asking for your topic suggestions.

aislin
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:19AM by OldFatGuy » Logged
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:28PM »

Well I would suggest the first one, The Helix, since it's coming up, or maybe just past the anniversary of it's taping. It's been 4 yrs since then.

I actually had been thinking of suggesting doing a chat around it.

The DVD of course lol..

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:05PM »

This sounds great.  Grin

Helix sounds great. I haven't watched it in a while. Gosh....think I will pop some popcorn to go with the chat!

Of course I will like any suggestion Grin

Lindsey....let us know

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:26PM »

I think Mel's idea is great. I haven't watched The Helix DVD in forever! Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 03:49PM »

Are Chloe's and Hayley's solo dvd's to be included?

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 03:53PM »

Are Chloe's and Hayley's solo dvd's to be included?

Yep, those would fall under the category of DVD's the girls participated in... but you're right, my wording there is kinda vague. I'll edit it to say solo CDs/DVDs.

aislin
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:14PM »

Thank you to the admins for doing this for us!  It sounds like a lot of fun... Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Sharky Glen

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 01:32PM »

What a great idea; love it! The Helix sounds perfect to me too, but we haven't heard an official "yes" to it yet. Never been to one of these chats yet. How's it work? Do we get a 3...2...1..press play countdown? I guess if you have a laptop you can watch with it on your lap. My desktop is on the other side of the room facing away from the T.V. Guess I can have it on and listen at least. Can't wait; just have to hope my dial-up doesn't poop out.

Sharing the love and blessings of Celtic Woman....Glen
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 03:25PM »

Ok, it looks like we're all in for the Helix DVD. I'll update the first post to reflect that as well as adding when then break will be.

Yes, to answer the question, I do a countdown and we all start at the same time.

aislin
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:55PM »

Well, it sounds like a fantastic idea, but unfortunately some changes in staffing at the store are going to keep me from being here, at least for this one.  With only three people cleared to do closing at the store, the manager, myself and one other person (who isn't quite ready to run by themself for the second busiest night of the week) ... and with the manager being on vacation for the latter part of that week, guess who's doing almost all of the closings?  The DVD and much of the chat will probably be almost over before I even get the store closed, much less get home again.

Have fun and hopefully I'll be able to make it next time!

Peter
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 05:12AM »

I would love to join in!!! Except, the chat part isn't so good for me because by the time I can get a reply typed we will be well into the next song!!!   So, I would love to join  all of you in "Read" on Friday night!!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 05:20PM »

Really? I think I'm one of the members who can keep on looking forward to this board when everything new happens.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Scott

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:02AM »

I plan to be there... I always love DVD chats! Smiley

howard

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 04:26PM »

Well I have been on the chat but something like this it sounds fun and I am looking forward to it.... Grin
Howard
howard

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 10:36AM »

Hi Everyone,
First off Aislin Thank You so much for setting up this past Friday night chat.
I have been on chat before but not like what you have done.
It was alot fun.
Also, educational I found out something about the Helix concert that I did not realize before.
I will be looking forward to future ones, I persume when Dec. comes around you will  do a chat about their Christmas DVD.
Also, I hope will be include CD's.

I highly recommend all members to make a point to join in on any future chats.  Very Entertaining    Grin

My Very Best,
Howard
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: