Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How BADLY can you pronounce Méav's name ;)  (Read 44827 times)
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39PM »

I can say it very well I watched at interview when she says her name and I watched 10 times Cheesy

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37AM »

One of my friends thought it was MAWV Nigh MOLE-cath-uh Cheesy

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 06:51AM »

One of my friends thought it was MAWV Nigh MOLE-cath-uh Cheesy
My friends always give me weird looks when I tell them her name and then they try (very badly) to pronounce it again!

Dear Celtic Woman,
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 02:11PM »

Hee, hee, hee..... When I was going on a school trip in high school around Christmas, I was watching A Christmas Celebration on my friend's portable dvd player. I was using one half of the headphones and she was using another. She really liked the group and wanted to know who they were. So she looked at the book insert and started identifying them. Naturally, she knew how to pronounce Lisa and Chloe and Orla. She almost got Mairead right too! She pronounced it like "My Raid" Lol! Close! But Meav's? Ooh! I still cringe when I think of how bad it was.

She pronounced it - Mauve (as in the color) Ny (like Bill Nye the Science Guy) Mallo (with a short a sound) Cha (like cha cha cha) Tha (as in the way Jersey people say "the")

Cheesy
Corkii

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 11:43PM »

I have had this conversation so many times:
"Celtic Woman...oh they're great! The members are Lisa Kelly, Orla Fallon, Chloe Agnew,  MAiread Nesbitt and....that other blonde girl....Meev -.-"
It's great that I now have a better idea to how it is pronounced!

Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43AM »

I was at a concert a few years back and began a disscusion with the lady behind us about her daughters favorite Celtic Woman members. I asked the litle girl who her favorite was and she smiled at looked at her mum...her mom looked at me and said (very confidently too might I add Tongue ) "Her Favorite is MEAV" Ponounced : MEE- AA V . I tried VERY hard not to laugh and correct her and then she said very happily the last name of dear Meav and she pronounced it as: Ni (shor I ) Mohalchaltha! ahahahah you shouldve seen my face....even my dad started laughing !

Dear Celtic Woman,
jamaica23

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 12:20AM »

Um, to the person who did this thread. why does this even still existing on here?
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 04:09PM »

By now it's no big deal people mispronounce Mairead also, even my own real name.
Just spelling it out at starbucks they still make a mistake or else they add on to a letter that I didn't spell out.

What get's me though is Linn and Alexis as   Shocked (Lynn & Alex)

keeping my coool!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2017, 05:41PM »

Um, to the person who did this thread. why does this even still existing on here?
Because  most  of  the  folks  who  run  this  forum  are  non-existent  now.   It  doesn't  hurt to  have  it  though,  as  there  are  some  new  comers  who  may not  be  as  familiar  as  we are.   Cool

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: