Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman+Rock Song???  (Read 7342 times)
Sorgi

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 03:31PM »

Just for giggles I want to hear Máiréad do "Through the Fire and Flames"

-Dan

kylerama

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 08:31PM »

HA HA request it to her!!!!!!  Grin Grin

kyleramas argentinis
Sorgi

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56PM »

I know it's possible, 'cause I'm listening to one of the Vitamin String Quartets play it (Normally I don't like VSQ, but I this quartet they used did a decent job).  Can be found on itunes.  Vitamin String Quartet: tribute to guitar hero, the first track.

-Dan

howard

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 05:09PM »

Hi Kylerama & Everyone,

That would be interesting.  I watched this past summer on "So You Want to Be a Star", I think that's the right title.

They had two brothers who play classical violin.  And what they did, they combined that with rap, street type of music and it worked out pretty well.

It would be interesting if David Downes would arrange a classical song and put some rap in it.  I think the rap part should be given to Chloe...

It would be fun to hear!  Roll Eyes

Best Regards,
Howard
kylerama

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 05:10PM »

Hi Kylerama & Everyone,

That would be interesting.  I watched this past summer on "So You Want to Be a Star", I think that's the right title.

They had two brothers who play classical violin.  And what they did, they combined that with rap, street type of music and it worked out pretty well.

It would be interesting if David Downes would arrange a classical song and put some rap in it.  I think the rap part should be given to Chloe...

It would be fun to hear!  Roll Eyes

Best Regards,
Howard

Um, yeah... LOL!  Grin

kyleramas argentinis
Sorgi

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 04:59PM »

HA HA request it to her!!!!!!  Grin Grin

Was just surfing YouTube and found a video that synchs the VSQ sound to a Guitar hero 3 video. 

I wish I could offer the direct link, but kids these days post the wrong sort of adjectives.

-Dan

Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 12:52AM »

Through the Fires and Flames would be soo awesome Cheesy lol, I play Guitar Hero with a friend every now and then, and let's just say I'll stick with easy and won't even bother with TTFAF Wink
As for another song; Nothing Else Matters by... Metallica, wasn't it? That'd sound great Smiley

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 12:22PM »

Yes, "Nothing Else Matters" was by Metallica. Saw it performed by them in concert a couple of times waaaaaaaaaaaay back. It's an intriguing idea, Lotte. I'm trying to imagine it. Hmmm....

Chris

socalfan

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 03:42PM »

Interesting concept.   How about some Beatles songs such as A Hard Days Night or Do You Want to Know A Secret or When I'm Sixty Four or Eight Days A Week and I'll Follow The Sun.  Maybe even a Simon and Garfunkel song such as The Sound Of Silence and Bridge Over Troubled Water.  And they would sound good doing the 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

And to really go to an extreme how about John Denver's Rocky Mountain High when they play at Red Rocks
DakotaF.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 03:53AM »

Through the Fires and Flames would be soo awesome Cheesy lol, I play Guitar Hero with a friend every now and then, and let's just say I'll stick with easy and won't even bother with TTFAF Wink
As for another song; Nothing Else Matters by... Metallica, wasn't it? That'd sound great Smiley

Ok i have to respond because you just frightened me by reading my mind! Nothing Else Matters is what I consider my adopted song. It was originally a love song from James Hetfield to his girlfriend but when I first heard it I heard a statement of independence and strength of friendship that I thought was cool. I think with the harmonies of all of the ladies with an intro from Mairead would give me goosebumps. I didn't think that there would be a song in the rock genre that would work for CW but I seriously would like to hear that one.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 06:07AM »

Or some Aerosmith would be awesome too Grin Grin Besides, CW can make anything sound marvelous, so they'd be able to do 'Dude looks like a lady' or something  Grin
There is an Aerosmith song at the very end of the one movie about blowing up an asteriod headed for Earth. It actually would be a great CW song.

Another pop song that could be a good CW song = "Walk Like an Egyptian" Or maybe not...may be a bit TOO silly with the moves, but also could be fun

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
kylerama

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 09:45AM »

Or some Aerosmith would be awesome too Grin Grin Besides, CW can make anything sound marvelous, so they'd be able to do 'Dude looks like a lady' or something  Grin
There is an Aerosmith song at the very end of the one movie about blowing up an asteriod headed for Earth. It actually would be a great CW song.

Another pop song that could be a good CW song = "Walk Like an Egyptian" Or maybe not...may be a bit TOO silly with the moves, but also could be fun

That song is known as Sweet Emotion and actually would work very well with CW in terms of functionality, but it's definitly not a favorite of mine.   Cheesy

kyleramas argentinis
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 04:44PM »

or even Bohemian Rhapsody?

Made a keycode on that song.

I gotta get back to doing them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: