Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You know you've listened to or watched Celtic Woman too much if.......  (Read 242474 times)
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 04:45PM »

I've done the same and just to be honest I'm listening to the rte show as we speak

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
fishloveslisa

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 10:04PM »

What about these? they are a few of my own... and a few of not my own... enjoy  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

-- you find yourself searching for interviews just so you can listen to their talking voice

-- you listen to these and read them enough that you can quote them like movies

-- you wake up and the first thing you think about in the morning is listening to "the girls"

-- you go to bed and the last thing you think about is listening to the girls

-- you have worn out at least one cd/dvd

-- you have multiples of each so you can have a copy at home and a copy in your car

-- you meet the girls in your dreams

-- you find yourself on cloud nine whenever you hear "Walking in the Air"

-- you've thought about singing send me a song to someone

-- one of the songs that you like you want to be sung at a big event in your life

-- you can't get any of the songs out of your head... and you dont mind...

-- you've talked to your friends about having a Celii

-- the only way anyone you know knows about Celtic Woman is because you won't shut up abou them or stop singing their songs

-- Celtic Woman may not be the most important thing in life, but it's right up there with oxygen

-- you sing songs in Gaelic and you can pronounce them right but you still are not sure what you're saying

-- when you listen to the CD's you know exactly what's going on in the DVD's

-- you know things right off the top of your head from reading interviews

-- you know what a Lisa Special is

-- you have your favorite girl's birthday's on your calendar

-- you could remember the names of your favorite girls family and what their occupations are better than you could do say about your relatives

-- you know more about the girls past than your friends

-- it's weird not to listen to Irish music

-- you know every word to more than 50 songs they sing

-- you can pick out with ease which voice goes to which girl

-- if someone gave you all of the songs on the CD's/DVD's, you would be able to tell what order they went in and who sang what

-- you have tried plinking the songs out on the piano

-- you have done this so much that you actually have the tune to a few

fireyred09
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 10:20PM »

Those were good! I checked most of those off!

Although I have to ask, at risk of being mauled, what is a Lisa special?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 05:49AM »

Katie, a "Lisa Special" is a Grande Non Fat, no whip, White Mocha at Starbuck's.  It's the only thing she ever orders there.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
ferngully
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 06:09AM »

i came across the interviews on youtube and listened to them to see what their voices were like. now i'm interested in everything they've got to say Cheesy
Texas Chava

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 08:28AM »

I believe I could check a yes on everything that was mentioned.  Ain't life grand with girls of CW!   Grin

Banner by Scott
nick in denver

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 10:17AM »

you know...when you walk around target looking at the racks of dresses and imagine what lisa would look like wearing them Roll Eyes
fishloveslisa

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 11:20AM »

-- you think about cutting your hair in the same style as one of the girls

-- people give you funny looks for randomly burstinging into song whenever something makes you think of them (more than you already do)

-- you know the choreography to all of the songs on the DVD

-- Caledonia's been everything you've ever had

-- Fiddlin' like Mairead should be an official sport

-- you've gotten your co-workers either interested in or sick of them

-- Celtic Woman is watched more than sports

-- the girls are the most attractive women on the planet

-- you actually look FOR the dresses the girls wear just so you can picture them in it.

-- you have to explain repeatedly that Celtic Woman is a group of girls, not just one girl

-- you know why the name is Celtic Woman and not Celtic Women

-- you'll listen to the Christmas Celebration CD anytime in the year

-- during O Holy Night, you've almost been on your knees as Lisa sings "fall on your knees"

-- you include CW in your prayers

-- you know the ages of most of the girls

-- you noticed Lisa's wedding ring in the DVD's

-- if you didn't, you're going to go look  Grin Grin

ferngully
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 11:29AM »

funnily enough i've never noticed lisa's ring. orla's yes becuase of the harp, but never lisa's. when i get my dvd, i will have a look  Grin
fireyred09
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 11:41AM »

Okay, I tried to get the Orla haircut, but I couldn't get a sharp enough picture to show my hairdresser, so it didn't turn out exactly like hers...
nick in denver

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 01:11PM »

- you check your t.v. guide as soon as you get it to see if cw will be on pbs later in the week.

-you sometimes actually hide how often you are on the forum (lika an alcoholic hides liquor) i'm an orlaholic!

-you sometimes see them walking around and have to do a "double take" just to make sure.

-you stand in line in the freezing cold rain for an hour just hoping they'll open the gate at red rocks and let you in!

-you've convinced your girlfriend not to be jealous of them anymore and how much time you spend listening to them and made her a fan. Grin
mainopsman

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 03:52PM »

Guilty!! Guilty!!! Guilty!!!  I'm guilty of almost all of the things on the list.   I even have the girls pictures in my locker at work, along with my spare CDs.  The only thing I'm not guilty of is having my hair cut like Lisa's.  I have even taken up the playing of the tin whistle.    I guess you could say I'm addicted to CW.  Isn't it great.

JIM   (hmmm, wonder what Orla is doing?)

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Sorgi

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 04:52PM »

---You hear "The Voice" calling you

---You  google translations to all the songs that are sung in Gaelic

---You are walking along the beach and casually say:"Look at all the Dulaman that the waves washed up"

---You dreamt you lived in Marble Halls

---You learn Gaelic just so you can understand Meav when she sings Si Do Mhaimeo I

---You wish you were in Carrikfergus

---You dupe yourself into beleiving that you can Walk In the Air

---You look for Dulamun flavored ice cream at Baskin Robbins

---More updates will be added check here later!!! Cheesy

I'm doing #5, just not for that reason

and I tried to walk into the air, but I've gotten fatter in the last couple of years...was not a pretty sight when I became the man who fell to earth.

-Dan

Celtic_Kit

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 05:00PM »

-you stand in line in the freezing cold rain for an hour just hoping they'll open the gate at red rocks and let you in!

And I would do it again Wink. I just hope I don't have to Cheesy

-Kit
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 06:31PM »

you know...when you walk around target looking at the racks of dresses and imagine what lisa would look like wearing them Roll Eyes

Dont the store clerks and security find it suspicious that you lurk around the womens' clothing?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: