Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Düsseldorf - My review  (Read 7474 times)
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« on: October 05, 2008, 03:04AM »

Hi everyone...

here I thought I'd write a review for you about my experiences at the Düsseldorf concert.

I'm not gonna write much about how me and my girlfriend got to Düsseldorf...that worked out quite well but only because the navigator worked in the afternoon.
After we had arrived in Düsseldorf at the trainstation with her car, we picked up Linde who had just recently arrived with her train at platform 15 (while on our way there my girlfriend had the funny idea of trying to find platforum 9 3/4 Cheesy, but Harry Potter was nowhere to find Sad )
After we had picked up Linde at her platform we had found this Starbucks in the trainstation and of course I couldn't just go to a Celtic Woman concert without having a Lisa Special... so I invited my girlfriend and Linde to a coffee and we were able to sit down and talk a little.

And hey, it worked out, and even though my girlfriend's English isn't that well they still got some conversation going while I was getting us our order at starbucks.

After that we decided to go back to the car, after all we had to check Linde into her hotel in which she was supposed to stay for the night (my girlfriend and I had to leave directly after the concert because my girlfriend had to begin work at 5 am the next morning.
Don't ask how we got to that hotel... I'm not sure how we did it... Our navigator didn't work and Düsseldorf is a big city with a lot of one ways... you barely have the chance to turn left... (especially if you really really need to turn left) and I think it took us around 45 minutes to get to the hotel which was only around a mile away from the trainstation... (you never... should trust a machine...)
Well eventually we had found that hotel, got Linde checked in and left immediately after that again for it already was 6 pm and we still had to find the concert hall (and since our navigator wasn't working... we used maps we got from the guy at the reception of the hotel.

Finding the concert hall wasn't that bad... I think we found it in around 15 minutes (we really left a lot of gas there in Düsseldorf...)
The people working there gave us a place to park our car and then we went in...

First thing we did after going in was... looking for our seats... after all we had FIRST ROW SEATS and we really really wanted to see how cool that is Grin Grin

So we passed everyone else on our way to the front and claimed our seats in the first row...

If you've never had the chance of sitting first row... it's an amazing feeling... You are so close... We were able to watch people preparing the last things... people climing around (the guys who had to do the spotlights) and we were really really excited.
I think it was 7:20 pm then...

Too bad they haven't made enough programs for everyone so we didn't get one Sad

There were 40 minutes to go and we watched the hall filling with people... There were so many Celtic Woman fans... it was amazing...

Then a few minutes past 8:00pm... IT STARTED

They began with "The Sky, the Dawn And The Sun"... they all looked amazing... especially Lisa... she wore the most beautiful white dress...

They were so close, we were able to see every expression on their faces and Chloe, Orlagh and Lisa smiled at us for quite a few times...
After that everyone of them got a solo... Lisa sang Caledonia, Mairead did Butterfly, Chloe sang the Prayer, Lynn did Scarborough Fair and Orlagh (Siuil A Ruin) (I don't know if I got it in the right order)... After that they let the Orinoco Flow.. a few more songs followed, like "The Blessing", "Mo Ghile Mear"... (too bad I didn't get a program, otherwise I would remember better) until we got a 20 minutes break...

You wouldn't believe how often Chloe, Orlagh and Lisa smiled at us... It was just incredible... They are so connecting with the audience, it just was an amazing experience.

After the break... they did "The Ceili", "Newgrange", "Dulaman" "The Last Rose Of Summer", "Vivaldi's Rain", "Soft Goodbye", "Nella Fantasia"... and I think a few more I forgot...
A highlight of the show was Mairead's "Ashoken Farewell"... she got Ray and the other Bodrhan player (sorry I don't know his name) and played them against each other...
It was funny to watch, her face said things like... "Oh, he doesn't sound back, but hey listen... he's even better... oh, no... now he.... " and so on...
She really played with the guys and I was really glad I was sitting in front row because you couldn't have experienced it like that in the back rows...
We were able to read everything on her face... it was so cool...

Another highlight for myself was Lisa's "The Voice"... it's one of my favorite songs.

Oh I totally forgot... she wore the red dress ... and she looked like a queen. I really like the way she carries her hair right now... she was deadly beautiful...

In the end they all got us clapping with them at the song "Sing Out" and the whole atmosphere was filled with so much energy before they closed the show with

"You Raise Me Up" which got me some tears in the eyes... So beautifully sung... *sigh*

But hey... we wouldn't be a great audience if we hadn't wanted more so we cheered until they came out for one more final song... "Spanish Lady", nobody had been in the mood anymore to sit still now... Everyone was moving and clapping to them singing... we all also sang along for as good as possible...

The evening ended way too soon for my taste.

When the lights went back on and everyone was sure that there wouldn't be anything else... we fought our way out of the concert hall (that's the one disadvantage of having front row seats... It's pretty difficult to get out fast Cheesy

My girlfriend, she just recently had been introduced to Celtic Woman by me, said that it was a great experience. She liked Mairead best because she was amazed by the fact that someone can have so much fun in her job. She didn't regret coming even though she had been up for more than 23 hours at the time the concert ended and she had to get up again around 5 hours after that...

After getting out of the parking space we brought Linde back to her hotel... (I really hate big cities) and we ourselves started our way home, which would take around 3 hours.

I really really enjoyed the evening... never have I experienced anything like that.

I was glad that I was able to meet Linde, we had so much fun, we were talking and laughing a lot and it really was worth going such a long distance.

I can't even believe that it's over already... would you think... FIRST ROW SEATS...        WOW

For all those who are still yet are to be going to a concert... HAVE FUN!!!

Oh and about what Swimmy said about the audience... I can't even tell anything about the audience... I didn't see a lot of those... I was so focused on the girls... Cheesy

Swimmy

My kingdom for a horse

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:58AM »

hey, that's great that you liked the show. I was a bit too far away from stage to see the gils clearly, but they were great.

I don't have a solution, but I'm admiring the problem.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:04AM »

Thanks for the review.  Glad to hear you had such a good time.  I hope your girlfriend gets some sleep soon.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:43AM »

Hey, Doernle--- What a terrific review.  Getting there is half the fun, right??   LOL  It sounds like you and your friends had a ball and represented us very very, well.   I've never gotten to see Lisa and I am soooooo looking forward to THAT!!   I did get smiles from some of the Ladies and you are right--priceless!!   I'm so glad you enjoyed the show!!  Now, all of you should come to Chicago------- Wink  Wink

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:38AM »

You somehow managed to get me even more exited than I already was! Grin Grin Grin Grin I'm happy to hear you had a great time Grin Grin

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55AM »

Thanks for the great review!  So glad you had such a terrific experience! Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Dina

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 07:58AM »

Hi everybody,
I am new in this forum and I am writing because I was in the concert in Düsseldorf last night. But first of all please excuse my bad English. I hope you will understand what I mean. I saw CW for the first time about 4 years ago in German television in a christmas show and I was impressed by their voices. I bought CDs and DVDs and got to know their songs and their style much better. And....I liked it very much. Unfortunately nobody here in my region knows them and had an opportunity to see them, neither in television nor in a concert. So I invited last year, when I read about CW coming to Germany, my daughter and two friends to come with me and see them. As you know the concert did not take place but I had the tickets and I hoped for a new concert. And I was lucky.
So yesterday we started in our car to drive to Düsseldor( 5 hours on the Autobahn)
The concert was fantastic. We sat in the second row, quite near to the stage und we had a wonderful view. Beautiful girls, perfect musicians, wonderful songs made this event unforgettable.  It is a pity that CW are not so wellknown in Germany. At the beginning of the concert the audience was a bit shy and did not know how to react, but in the end all people were standing and clapping their hands. I think everybody enjoyed the show very much and was really impressed.
I hope CW will return to Germany some day and will come to  the smaller cities like Hannover as well.
I have returned home just one hour ago and will now listen to the CD I bought last night.
Viele Grüße
Dina
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 08:33AM »

Dina, welcome to our forum, and thank you for your lovely review.  And - by the way - your English is excellent!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 10:01AM »

Hey, Doernle--- What a terrific review.  Getting there is half the fun, right??   LOL  It sounds like you and your friends had a ball and represented us very very, well.   I've never gotten to see Lisa and I am soooooo looking forward to THAT!!   I did get smiles from some of the Ladies and you are right--priceless!!   I'm so glad you enjoyed the show!!  Now, all of you should come to Chicago------- Wink  Wink

Oh yes, we totally had a ball... Cheesy The thing is... for me it sometimes felt like they were singing for us only Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh that would have been nice... I'm glad I was able to experience it that way.

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 10:26AM »

Doernle--- That's one of the things we all talk about. The girls seem to have an ability to make everyone think they are singing just to them.  It's just pure magic.

Dina--- I wish my english was as good as yours!!!  LOL  I'm so very glad you finally got to see  CW.  It won't take very long for the girls to take Germany by storm and I hope for your and all the fans over there sake, they will return for you again. 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Dina

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 11:47AM »

@OldFatGuy
Thank you very much for your welcome. I am glad you understand my english. I am sure it will be better after one year in this forum with you guys helping me.
Dina

@cool2it
If your english isn´t as good as mine, now what about your German?....lol....I would appreciate reading some sentences in German.
Dina
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 12:19PM »

I'm very very sure you do NOT want me to say anything in German!!LOL    I can totally mess up English, so I will not attempt to mess with yours.   So very glad you are part of our family!!!

lintje

OMG!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 12:21PM »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I want again !!!!!!!!!!

We had so much fun and i just couldn't stop smiling while i was sitting in my frontrow seat.

I am so glad i traveld all the way to dusseldorf to see them.

I just hope they come back very very soon Cheesy

scott thanx Cheesy
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 01:23PM »

Welcome, Dina!!  Thank you for the lovely review!  You're English is very good. 

lintje-would love to hear more about your experience! Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 07:45PM »

Oh, how I've missed reading these reviews!  They just take me right back to the shows I've had the pleasure of attending.  Thank you so much, everyone!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: