Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saying Goodbye..  (Read 13603 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« on: October 06, 2008, 07:50AM »

to ANJ tonight...It's the last show!!! Cry

What a ride!! Cheesy...

But The Story is not finished...  Wink

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:06AM »

I was just thinking about that, Mel. I even emailed a friend that in just a few hours  ANJ will have it's last standing ovation, which it so richly deserves. A huge thank you from all of us should go to all the cast and crew and especially David for bringing us a show that was beyond a doubt, one of the best ever produced.  So from me, Thank you CW Ltd, PBS, everyone in the show and behind the scenes that made us all so happy for two hours when we attended and for all the hours we watch the DVD, and once again to the genius that is David Downes.   We are now waiting for the new show and we once again will be in the audience and supporting all of CW with everything we have.   Thank You for our-- " Journey" .

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Marie-France

Marie, Meav & Sandy

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 08:59AM »

The Greatest Journey is ahead...

For someone who has followed them since 2004 when I first heard about the Helix filming, I know that wonderful things are coming soon.  Wink 

The Celtic Woman Magic can never be duplicated.  The magic will live on...

Sharing Meav's music through inspiring one fan at a time...

www.meavforum.com
join us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=36844861226#!/group.php?gid=36844861226&v=wall
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:02PM »

You mean that the show itself can air in the next two months?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:24PM »

Okay.....When I read this thread....I just thought of the Song ....Sentimental Journey   Grin

Gonna take a Sentimental Journey,
Gonna set my heart at ease.
Gonna make a Sentimental Journey,
to renew old memories.

Got my bags, got my reservations,
Spent each dime I could afford.
Like a child in wild anticipation,
I Long to hear that, "All aboard!"

Seven...that's the time we leave at seven.
I'll be waitin' up at heaven,
Countin' every mile of railroad
track, that takes me back.

Never thought my heart could be so yearny.
Why did I decide to roam?
Gotta take that Sentimental Journey,
Sentimental Journey home.
Sentimental Journey

Thanks to Everyone at CW. It was a great trip...and can't wait to Journey again.

hugs
kathleen

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:34PM »

Oh, Kathleen, now I'm all misty-eyed...thanks a lot!   Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 01:50PM »

Yes, goodbye to ANJ but hello to an even greater one.  Oh what memories.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 03:24PM »

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 05:45PM »

Ahh yes, Wow. What a ride the ANJ Tours were. Lots of wonderful memories. I have to admit, even though I attended 12 ANJ concerts, I'm gonna miss this. I could never get enough. I could attend 1200 and still it wouldn't be enough for me. The girls were great, just unbelievable!! Absolutely beautiful!! Ray and Nicky, phenomenal!! John, Des and Eoghan, incredible!! And last but not least, man, the Choir!! The Choir!! The best!! They are the best!! Everyone involved in putting this together, from the Slane Castle performances right through the current European Tour are hands-down the best!! I applaude all involved in this. It is a lifetime of wonderful memories.

A special thanks goes out to Celtic Woman Ltd for an incredible job, night after night, from the first note of the first Slane Castle show right on through the final standing ovation on the current European Tour. I think I speak for many when I say:

Thanks For The Memories!!

... Bill
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 06:27PM by CWFan2 » Logged

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
JRRacing64
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11PM »

I'm glad to have been able to witness this show live and in person early this year. Thank you to the CW cast and crew for putting on such a wonderful show and giving their all every night the last few years to entertain everyone that attended the show and watched the dvd/or PBS airings. Can't wait to see where the next Journey takes us Wink
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 07:26PM »

So very glad that I discovered CW and was able to see A New Journey live. It was an amazing adventure, and though I only saw it once, it was something I'll never forget!

I can't wait to go on yet ANOTHER journey with the cast and crew of CW! Smiley Here's to 2009 and new beginnings!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 07:56PM »

Goodbye to ANJ. For me aside from the wonder music, and great times I think what ANJ has really given me is a whole new group of friends. From Delta team in Atlanta right on through to today. I have had the priveledge to meet so many wonderful people. Always a good time, and the only regret is that sometimes I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked.

Here's to the new show, and all the good times to follow.

Bob

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Bookworm
Honorary Roadie

Thanks Celtic Chicken!

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 08:47PM »

goodbye ANJ.  Cry Cry

Thank you Lisa Kelly Fan and Brian H

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 09:37PM »

Oh wow. That's just... woah!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 12:37AM »

I discovered Celtic Woman because of "A New Journey" when I first heard part of "Orinoco Flow" when I hadn't changed the TV channel from the PBS station.  I was amazed to hear it, even more so when I first saw Mairead performing ... and I was curious.  I searched and found the next time it was to be aired and made sure I was watching and I fell in love.

Not long after I owned both DVD's, had introduced a number of friends (and a few strangers) to the girls and the music, and before long I was making plans to attend my first live concert ... front row, M&G on the very first try.

Five months later I attended another concert, and it's now a well known standard that when I work, one of the DVD's (I have all three CW, THC and Hayley's)  will be put in either before I open or as I'm getting ready to close.  Nobody questions it, and the store manager even looks forward to it when we're working together.

ANJ started all of this for me, and I have no plans of it stopping any time soon. 

I'll say goodbye to "A New Journey" with the wonderful memories of those live concerts and all the rest that has come along with it ... and I'll continue looking ahead for the next path to follow.

I can't say it any better than others already have, so I'll simply say to all of the Ladies, the band, the choir, Ray and Nicky (come one folks, we all know they are their own entities in this group as well!) and most of all, to David and anyone else I've forgotten ... thank you all.

Peter
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: