Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A DQ Moment  (Read 17934 times)
Albertan

« on: May 27, 2007, 07:54PM »

Today the kids were away, so my wife and I decided that rather than prepare a meal for the two of us, we would just drop in to the local Dairy Queen for supper.

They play recorded background music in the restaurant. It was quite busy and correspondingly noisy, so it was difficult just to hear the music, much less recognize any of it.

But while we were waiting in line to order there it was, the unmistakable and lovely strains of Máiréad's "There Is No Night" -- my hands-down favorite track on her "Raining Up" CD.

That made my day!!   Grin Grin

Gordon

vanni9283

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 08:55PM »

I remember when DQ was just an ice cream shop when I was younger, now it's like a full-blown fast-food chain.
fireyred09
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:45PM »

That's so great! I love walking into walmart and suddenly hearing the faint sounds of some ANJ song being played in the audio/video section...
Meldy

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:41AM »

Wow, DQ and Mairead's music....splendid combination  Wink Smiley

Banner by:  Scott
Maggie
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 02:04AM »

...........But while we were waiting in line to order there it was, the unmistakable and lovely strains of Máiréad's "There Is No Night" -- my hands-down favorite track on her "Raining Up" CD.

Well that raises DQ to the level of a 5-star restaurant based on their taste in music!!! Cheesy

I had to smile yesterday.....I was in Lowes in the plumbing department and was suddenly aware of Celtic Woman singing "Orinoco Flow".

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 05:54AM »

I was in Lowes in the plumbing department and was suddenly aware of Celtic Woman singing "Orinoco Flow".
Hmmmmm........  Plumbing?  Flow?  Coincidence?   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:04AM »

Our local DQ is just an icecream place.  It closes in late fall and doesn't open till spring.  Can't get HOT food in there anymore, they went back to just the dessert part of the menu about 10 - 12 years ago.  Many DQ's are like that here, the exception being in the major cities, some of those still have burgers and such. 
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 03:45PM »

Saturday when I went to Borders I could barely hear the music but I heard the sound of an angel. I asked who was singing and the woman told me there was a mix and started to show me the cd covers. I said never mind, THAT's teh one. That is Haley Westenra.

She said "Who?"

I said "She is with Celtic Woman."

"Oh Celtic Woman I know."

Interesting as  amonth ago and got an upturned nose when I asked about Celtic Woman. Last night I went to Barnes and Noble and after I got teh Odessy CD and live from NZ DVD, I walked over and got a Cafe Mocha Grande at Starbucks, sine this Barnes and Noble has a Starbucks.

We now even have a drive though Starbucks that I will have to check out this week.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Meldy

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 07:28PM »

I had to smile yesterday.....I was in Lowes in the plumbing department and was suddenly aware of Celtic Woman singing "Orinoco Flow".

Cheesy

The only place I've heard them was at Borders, yes I couldn't believe it, it was about a month ago.  Now if Starbucks would just.....

Banner by:  Scott
jsharp

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 06:37AM »

I was in Lowes in the plumbing department and was suddenly aware of Celtic Woman singing "Orinoco Flow".
Hmmmmm........  Plumbing?  Flow?  Coincidence?   Grin

Please stop all this flowing talk. Now I gotta go to the loo ...

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Celtic_Kit

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 07:51AM »

I was in the mall, totally stressed, (I hate shopping) when I heard Hayley's Laschia Ch'io Pianga over the sound system.

Aaaaahhhhhhh.................

-Kit
Maggie
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 08:10AM »

I was in the mall, totally stressed, (I hate shopping) when I heard Hayley's Laschia Ch'io Pianga over the sound system.

Aaaaahhhhhhh.................
-Kit

That's exactly why they pipe music into supermarkets and stores.....to make you relax so you will spend more time and money there.

CW is perfect for their purpose.

logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 04:27PM »

Hopefully the head of Wal-mart or any major shopping malls has read that tip!

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 04:31PM »

I went to a restaurant once that was not in my town and as we sat there waiting for our food I realised they were playing "One World!"  I was so excited that they'd put it on the radio.  Then I heard Someday...and then Send Me A Song...and many more CW songs, so I realised it wasn't the radio.  When the waitress came over we commented on the music and she said, "Oh, yeah, it's a mix that our boss puts on, she makes us listen to all this new age stuff over and over!"

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 04:42PM »

New Age?

Will someone please explain NEW AGE to this old guy.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: