Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Live From Slane Castle" -- NOT!  (Read 19379 times)
Albertan

« on: November 09, 2008, 07:55PM »

I have been enjoying my "Greatest Journey" CD which arrived the other day (WOO-HOO!!!!) and I have noticed something rather peculiar. As a "best of..." compilation the CD features the celtic women both past (Méav) and present (Alex, Lynn). Deirdre was never with CW at the times they did any of their CD or DVD recordings, so she is understandably absent from the mix. But what about Hayley?

Nowhere in the CD booklet is Hayley mentioned as performing any of the numbers. Yet the two bonus tracks ("Mo Ghile Mear" and "Spanish Lady") on the CD are listed as being "Live from Slane Castle" and HAYLEY PERFORMED IN BOTH OF THESE NUMBERS! So why is she not listed?

This prompted me to listen to these tracks very closely, and to compare them to the New Journey CD and DVD versions.

On "Spanish Lady" I could come to no conclusion, as Hayley does not have any solo lines in this number. But a close analysis of "Mo Ghile Mear" on the GJ version reveals that it is actually Chloë who is singing the lines that Hayley sang on the original NJ version. So it would seem that the producers have completely dubbed Hayley out of the alleged "Live from Slane Castle" performances. Why would they do this? To avoid having to pay royalties?

Perhaps truth in advertising considerations should prompt the producers of the GJ CD to honestly bill the last two tracks as "Live from the Editing Room"??

Gordon

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 08:01PM »

Yeah, I don't know why they put it from Slane. Here is a "Hayleyless" version of Spanish Lady you can compare with the supposedly Live Slane one if you like http://www.orlafan.com/shared/audio/celticwomanaudio.html

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:19PM »

Ours is not to question why - Ours is just to go and buy!
Albertan

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:06PM »

Grin Grin
I've been there and done that -- DVD too!!

Gordon
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 07:39AM »

Yeah I don't really care whether its from Slane or not, cause I own ANJ, so its neat to get something new!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 08:09AM »

It may have been recorded at Slane. They may have recorded 2 Mo Ghile Mears, one with and one without.  They had to nights of taping. Only way we would know is if someone who was there can verify this. This was taping, so they can do one song more than one time.

As for Hayley not being on this CD, we have discussed this in other threads. Most of these other recordings with out Hayley were recorded somewhere else, such as for Japan, when Hayley wasn't with the group.  Also Hayley most likely was only contracted for ANJ, and NOT TGJ or any future CD releases. Remember, Hayley is on a diff record label.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 04:00PM »

What about "The Dawn, The Sky And The Sun"? I like it extended.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 11:33PM »

This could be a recording from a different night-I just assumed they dubbed over Hayley's bit and that was it cos the rest all sounds pretty live to me!

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 11:04AM »

Oh we never doubted it was live, it obviously is. When Méav and Orla sing their solos there was no piano in the background of the CD version.

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 05:57PM »

Ours is not to question why - Ours is just to go and buy!

LOL!!  Not Shakespeare, Jim, but close enough!   Cheesy Grin

Albertan

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 09:53PM »

More like Tennyson!!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Gordon
mainopsman

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 08:57AM »

I liked the second disk in the package, the interview/group history disk.   Why, you ask?  Well it has some of the best footage and one of the best interviews of Orlagh that I have ever seen.  She is totally stunning in that lovely dark green print dress.      I could sit and listen to her speak and sing all day!

JIM                                         

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 02:49PM »

I liked the second disk in the package, the interview/group history disk.   Why, you ask?  Well it has some of the best footage and one of the best interviews of Orlagh that I have ever seen.  She is totally stunning in that lovely dark green print dress.      I could sit and listen to her speak and sing all day!

JIM                                         

There are two CD's? Or is that the interview on the DVD?

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 02:59PM »

JIM                                         

A favorite part of mine, as well. I particularly liked the part where it cuts away from the interview to the studio shot of her recording New Grange.   Grin

mainopsman

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 07:20PM »

My typing error I ment the second park of the disk with the interviews.  I didn't mean to get every one excited.  See what Orlagh does to me, lol.   I only hope she is one of those at the March 18th meet and greet in Baltimore.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: