Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to Expect at M&Gs  (Read 8667 times)
kylerama

« on: November 10, 2008, 11:58PM »

Hello everyone!

May I inquire about what will likely happen if I ever attend a M&G after a CW concert? I would appreciate any good answers!

Thanks

Kyle Smiley

kyleramas argentinis
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:17AM »

They'll have you wait a few minutes after the concert, then Joanne or Rachel, will come to the M&G group and lead everyone out of the auditorium into another room where they'll tell you which two girls you'll be meeting that night.  You'll wait a bit, and then the girls will come in, usually wearing their second half gowns and sit at a table.  A line forms, and once you get to the table you'll have a couple  minutes to talk to them and have them sign whatever you bring with you (they also have a picture they generally hand out at the beginning that you can have them sign), then you'll move on to the next girl and that will be about all, but it's certainly worth it.  Photographs aren't allowed.  The girls are very genuine and warm and friendly.  They don't give you much time to feel awkward, as they  put you at ease pretty quickly. Wink

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:36AM »

I've been to a few M&G type situations and all I can do is echo Jeanine's sentiments. Especially the part about how they put you at ease very quickly. They're very down to earth, human people. They have great senses of humor, warm hearts, open minds. You definitely don't have anything to fear going to a M&G and there's a lot to look forward to. Nothing is as satisfying as the concert ending and knowing that for you and a select group of other people, there's another treat awaiting you!

Chris

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 05:17AM »

My first M&G was at a signing at Borders in Chicago. I had not met any of the girls at that time so I was extremely nervous, especially up till they said it would just be Chloe, Mairead and Meav. But once you seen them come out..well I could see Chloe and Meav over the bookcases...but well Mairead.. just the top of her head Cheesy.

But with Chloe the first to meet  you, she definitely put you at ease. Didn't have time for the shyness to kick in full time like normal for me. Also found out just how energic Mairead was. She could not sit still. Whenever I tried to take pics of all there...Meav and Chloe were clear as day, but Mairead was always a blur.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

Also once they meet you, and you have the opportunity to meet them again, they do remember you. I was amazed that Orlagh remembered me from the Phoenix show, and didn't meet her again till the following fall, about a 5 months gap.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:45AM »

A good time!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 07:15AM »

I have only been to one of them, but here are a couple thoughts...

When the line forms to greet them at the table, dont rush to be in front. First, chances are others are going to beat you there, so you will just end up standing toward the middle or back of the line anyway. Second, why be in a hurry?  Unless you have far to travel and have to work the next day or some reason like that, whats another 15-30 minutes? You paid for the M&G why not get as much out of it as you can? Talk with other fans. Try to hear what others are saying with the ladies. I dont consider that rude because it is a public event and everyone is speaking in public. Its not like its confidential. I am not saying to stand right behind someone or get in the way, certainly it can be a rude thing to do if done wrong. But if you can be sort of close yet not in the way, not interfering with anothers enjoyment, i see it as a plus. I was next to last in line, and the only reason I wasnt last was because the guy behind me was elderly and had health issues, and it appeared that he wanted to go last to minimize the time required standing in line. He didnt even stand up and get in line until I was already at the table. Or maybe he was just smart, thinking the last person might get some extra time chatting with the ladies?

Just curious, has anyone tried my 'last in line' strategy? If so, how long did they stay to talk? 

Another thing to point out. I asked for one autograph each. For some strange reason, it had not occured to me to ask for multiple autographs. The guy in front of me asked for like 10 each!   Shocked  He had them sign a T-shirt, the CD inserts, photos, etc. Now maybe he was pushing things. Next time I plan to ask for maybe 2 or 3. The pic in the program, the group pic they give you at the M&G, and maybe another. 

So how many have you all asked for? What is the expected or accepted number that one can request?

Also, Orla was born to do these M&Gs. No kidding or exaggerating here. She is something else. Just full of energy and as nice as can be. Lynn was the other CW lady, and she also does a fine job. But she seemed to be a bit quiet. But it might have just seemed that way because of how Orla is.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:04AM »

Heaven help anyone who has Chloe and Lynn together  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Maybe after Springfield in Fall of 07, they are now seperate at M&G  Grin Grin Grin

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:39AM »

I think that would be a great combination to get! 

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:08AM »

This thread has made me INSANELY excited for the meet and greet in Orlando!!! I don't know if I'm going to be able to contain my excitement until then...I might go completely insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I'm already so, so nervous about the Meet and Greet but very excited as well!!! I can't believe it!! *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 11:06AM »

I think that would be a great combination to get! 

It is...just prepare to laugh till your sides hurt  Cheesy

davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 12:16PM »

You'll love the M&G!
I have been to two, so far and, as mentioned before, the basic setup is the same.
At the M&G that I attended earlier this year, the  PBS staion sponsoring the concert took a picture of the girls and sent them to everyone present at the M&G.  They also had drinks and cheeses and snacks for munching while you socialized with other fans and waited for CW to arrive.  I had my own photo of Mairead and a large poster to be signed.  Everyone was gracious and friendly.  I can't wait for the next M&G: I have my tickets reserved for March 11!  Grin Grin Grin 

Dave
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 12:48PM »

Be prepared to meet some of the most beautiful, friendly, and humble women in the world!

They couldn't be nicer and go of their way to make you feel comfortable. And " if you bring it, they will sign it! " LOL

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 01:06PM »

And " if you bring it, they will sign it! " LOL

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm definitely bringing my CW bear for them to sign...and yes, I will take his shirt OFF first so it's easier. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
skybuffalo

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 03:39PM »

This may sound like a very basic question but how do you find out if there will be a M&M at a specific concert location and how do you sign up for one?

What a dream it would be to meet the girls on this next tour.  Ron
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41PM »

I only need 2 more names for my Bear, C.W.

When I had Orlagh sign, I showed her where I wanted her to sign, because I was saving this other spot just for Lisa...She just goes "awwwww"  Cheesy

Chloe is the other one who hasn't signed.

I learned after Mairead and Lynn to take the shirt off the bear. Mairead had some trouble  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: