Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to Expect at M&Gs  (Read 8662 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 03:44PM »

M&G's are usually set up thru PBS. Some of the shows/PBS's don't have them. You just need to contact them and ask. Some are willing to give out the info, others, such my Columbus one...aren't.

Most of the time the M&G are used during the TV Pledging as an extra incentive to spend more money

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:48PM »

This may sound like a very basic question but how do you find out if there will be a M&M at a specific concert location and how do you sign up for one?

What a dream it would be to meet the girls on this next tour.  Ron

You need to talk to the PBS station that is hosting/sponsoring the CW show in your area. They can tell you if there is a meet and greet and how to pledge for it.  You need to do this early...or they may be sold out.  Hope that helps

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 04:05PM »

I learned after Mairead and Lynn to take the shirt off the bear. Mairead had some trouble  Grin

I remember reading about that and it's why I took the shirt off of Emma's Chloe bear when she was getting it signed.  Maybe I'll be able to get some more signatures for her this touring or if she comes to the show in Kansas City with me she can get some more herself.

Dinner before the show-   $15
souvenirs at the show-   $30
Tickets to the show-        $100
Meet and Greet-              Priceless

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 04:11PM »

I learned after Mairead and Lynn to take the shirt off the bear. Mairead had some trouble  Grin

Hehe yep, I remember you posting about that and that's why I'm going to remember to take the shirt off! Cheesy

Hopefully Máiréad will be there....and she won't have any trouble signing. Grin

I'm glad all of you experienced Meet and Greet people are here to give tips to the newbies!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 04:24PM »

Meet and Greet-              Priceless

Especially when you get to experience with fellow Forum Members  Smiley Smiley

Meow

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 05:48PM »

Well..... I met Orla and Alex, but I don't think I had a "typical" M&G experience.  hehe  Grin  My advice - if your pbs station says there is no M&G... don't take their word for it.  Ask around after the show!  You never know what they might try to pull together at the last minute!

Thanks Evita (Lisaniac #1) for both banners!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 09:06PM »

This thread has made me INSANELY excited for the meet and greet in Orlando!!! I don't know if I'm going to be able to contain my excitement until then...I might go completely insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again, the proper authorities will be notified.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51PM »

This thread has made me INSANELY excited for the meet and greet in Orlando!!! I don't know if I'm going to be able to contain my excitement until then...I might go completely insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 07:14AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
After further thought, I am not sure it would be safe for CW to have an insane future lawyer at a M&G, so please send your M&G pass to me.  They will probably be watching for you, anyway, and I doubt you will be allowed into the room.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:53AM by Jim M. » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 11:29PM »

I would be affraid to notify such mental health authority as they may discover that I am a good candidate for the asylum!   Shocked

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
skybuffalo

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 07:54PM »

Mel and Kathleen,
Thank you for the feedback. As soon as our plans become more firm, I will start checking the different PBS stations for the tour in our area. It looks like we will still be in West Virginia.

Take care, Ron
Sorgi

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 06:43AM »

I would be affraid to notify such mental health authority as they may discover that I am a good candidate for the asylum!   Shocked

Will notify police to be on standby for multiple 5150's.

-Dan

HBlosser

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 03:08PM »

During my first M&G, I met Lynn and Mairead.  It was soon after Lynn had joined the group.  As I made my way through the signing line, she talked with me as though she had known me for a very long time.  She mentioned that she had noticed me during the concert.  Be still my heart!  She noticed me...  Mairead was an old hand at M&Gs by that time and she talked effortlessly with everyone.  It's probably the most calm I've ever seen her.  I have my first two autographs and hope to get others during their upcoming spring tour.  Meeting them in person is one of my most treasured moments.
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 05:02PM »

how many of you have met lisa at an M&G??? Cuz really lisa is the only one i would probably die if it met Cheesy Cuz she's well...... she's lisa, what more can i say?

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 05:15PM »

I haven't.....yet...but it's not for a lack of trying...that's for sure

Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: