Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outstanding Christmas / Holiday Music  (Read 1660 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: November 08, 2008, 04:44PM »

One of the more impressive things about A Christmas Celebration is its glowing immediacy. The record's rich vocals and colorful instrumentals create a concert-like setting, reprising the season's most loved hymns, carols, and pop standards, along with a Gaelic version of "That Night in Bethlehem." Unexpected numbers such as "Christmas Pipes" and "Carol of the Bells" (here led by the spirited fiddling of Mariread Nesbitt) only enhance an already engaging disc that finely weaves between the piety of classical music and the playfulness of pop.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:54PM »

Where have they been???   LOL   "The Christmas song"  and "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" have always been two of my all time favorites.   Now I have it by my favorite Lady and my favorite group.   It don't get any better than that!!  Maybe they will do a second Christmas DVD this year also!!!! Soooooo many beautiful songs to choose from!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:25PM »

Good article!  Thanks for sharing, Rich! Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
m.k.c.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:24PM »

"Mariread" huh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: