Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite song they sing?  (Read 16657 times)
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2012, 11:59PM »

I love them all! I couldn't choose a favorite.

Same!! I legitimately thought about this question for probably 10 whole minutes and I still can't come up with an answer. Tongue

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 11:26AM »

I can't select a clear favorite, but:
 "The World Falls Away" is the most powerfully antidepressant song in the catalog.
"Teir Abhaile Riu" is the most visually spectacular piece. I wonder how much rehearsal time that carousel maneuver needed.
Any Lisa Kelly solo makes me want to just curl up and purr, but I can't visit YouTube without returning to "The Blessing."
Lisa Lambe is the first member of CW who struck me as hot, with "Black is the Colour". It's not that she's less awesome than all of the others, but she's just that much hotter.
When I hear "Dulaman", it's not the hot little redhead I see, but a tall, cool blonde. I'd be another raving Meaviac if Lisa Kelly hadn't got to me first.
I enjoy listening to Mairead, but watching her dance in that high-performance skirt, especially "The Coast of Galicia", can improve my mood for hours.
"Mo Ghile Mear" is another song that I can't resist whenever I visit YouTube.
The finale of "Songs From the Heart" is a masterpiece of showmanship. Not even its composer is immune to its power; there is a brief shot, just before the suspense breaks with the first vocal line, of David practically dancing on his piano bench.

There must be a lot of CW music that I haven't heard yet because it isn't on YouTube, and I have a painful condition, pecuniary insufficiency (AKA flat-wallet syndrome), that keeps me from simply ordering all of the CDs and DVDs. Not to mention the songs that are performed but never otherwise released (darn lawyers!).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:53PM by Wyle_E » Logged

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 06:35PM »

I agree that our sweet Lil' Lambe is hot....without a doubt-and such a sweetheart of a gal.   All our Celtic Cuties are easy on the eyes.  Alex, Lisa K., Deirdre....etc.ahhh!!!   Kiss  ...but  MEAV-with ANYTHING is awesome. Right now I'll still go with her 'Dulaman"  rendition. Fun, flirty, angelic, and drop dead  GORGEOUS!   MEAV  FOREVER!    Kiss Kiss Kiss Not to mention the awesome beauty of her voice.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 03:08PM »

My absolute favourite song is "The Soft Goodbye", wich was the first CW I have ever heard and I still have this kind of feeling when I listen to it... Then O Come All Ye Faithful, my favourite christmas song. My third favourite is The Parting Glass, then Mo Ghile Mear and You Raise Me Up. But I love every song!

celticheart18
Honorary Roadie

You'll always have my heart...

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2013, 08:23PM »

Since the newest album came out, "A Woman's Heart" is my fave CW song!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2013, 08:55PM »

For me it was 2 years ago. It was a song from a CW tour commercial for SftH coming to my city that got me (initially) hooked on them. Sadly, I don't have a copy of the commercial and my memory of said commercial is faint, so I don't know which song it was. Sad

Little did I know that memory of that commercial, in part, was going to lead me here in the end. Smiley

For me now it's "The Parting Glass" off Believe. Believe is my favorite album of theirs, but I love all their songs.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:58PM by urbanracer34 » Logged

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09PM »

The difficulty of tasking myself to pinpoint some songs as my favorites nearly taxed all of my strength away. :p So without further ado, here are my favorites:

"Orinoco Flow" sends me across the sea to a land of a pure magic and enchantment. Every time I listen to it I feel as though I'm stepping through Narnia's wardrobe into a new land.
"The Call" is without a doubt one of my all time favorites. Chloe in the beginning *shudders*, it is just an indescribable feeling, we'll leave it at that. Lynn just rolls her flowing voice into the mix and seals the deal. "The Call" is one of my favorite songs lyrics wise too. Plus, I also have the amazing DVD version in the back of my head that always brings a "wow" factor.
"Nil Se'n La" is a guaranteed smile no matter how I feel. The version with Lisa Lambe is my personal favorite (though Lynn and Alex are just as beautiful) mainly because of Lisa line, "I can see the starlight shining." It gives me a Cheshire Cat smile Tongue Listen for yourself at about the 1:26 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBymZCmW6KA
"Dulaman" is another wonderful one. I discovered Meav's version first so I'm a bit partial to that one. Meav's combo of eyes, motions, and voice are a killer deal. Lisa Lambe spins the song into a more "fun"  or even "bouncy" version, which is just as fantastical.

I could go on and on until I've listed every song they've ever sung....but I give you my ALL TIME favorite songs....:p

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 09:24PM »

My all time favorite has to be Granuaile's Dance, followed by Lil Lambe's Dulaman. I also love Follow On and Nocturne

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: