Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I found from the official website is...  (Read 3652 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« on: December 17, 2008, 04:10PM »

Come and experience Celtic Woman’s most magical production yet, featuring brand-new renditions of “Fields of Gold” and “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You,” as well as an original anthem by Brendan Graham, writer of “You Raise Me Up.” 

*gasps* I got it! Smiley So, if it says the brand-new reditions of "Fields of Gold" and "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You", then who sings them?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:40AM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:15PM »

It will be a surprise for us all, Kimberly!  I'm really looking forward to it...

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Celeste

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 03:40AM »

Interesting selections, but I really, really hope there will be some Classical and Celtic numbers as well. I've always longed to hear Chloe sing "Panis Angelicus" live in concert. Since "Pie Jesu" is on the latest disc, I hope it will be part of the tour too. And of course, the distinctively Gaelic numbers like "Si Do Mhaimeo i" and "Dulaman" are what give CW its special atmosphere, and they're lively and fun too.

I definitely hope that there will be more Classical and Celtic selections.

Cherany

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 12:38PM »

I definitely hope that there will be more Classical and Celtic selections.

I second that.  I'm sure the ladies will do a fine job w/ the songs mentioned, but I love them for their Classical & Celtic songs.  Smiley

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 01:22PM »

I think I asked any of you a question so early.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:16PM »

"Fields of Gold" is a lovely song (if they're doing the one I'm thinking of) Triniti did a very nice version of it.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 04:41PM »

I'm asking you a question, guys. Tongue

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Gerard

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 02:51AM »

Well, KAJ, I for one can't answer it.

But yes, as good as these songs are, I think that the group should not stray too far from its roots (celtic and classical). Which is why I suggest they sing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8CXVcUQKHo
, which would be perfect for Lynn, BTW

and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c8sIZ5crb0
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 07:49AM »

Kimberly, I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question yet.  CW Ltd likes to keep a few things secret until the tour actually starts, so I doubt if we will find out who is singing which songs before then.

Sorry!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 02:55PM »

*sighs* I was very curious and excited to try to ask you even when time is longer.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 04:30PM »

**smiles**

Ah, Kimberly, I understand how excited you are, especially since you found that information on the website.  I think we are all excited by the new tour, and wondering what the new songs are and who'll be singing them.  It's an exciting time for all of us and it's fun to talk about it too.  I think a lot of people would love to know who is singing the songs, but we are all going to have to wait a little bit longer to find out.

We can all wait together and can all be excited by finding out together as soon as the tour starts and one of the Forum's great members can come back after a concert and fill us all in.  How's that sound?

Peter
Cherany

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 08:35AM »

"Fields of Gold" is a lovely song (if they're doing the one I'm thinking of) Triniti did a very nice version of it.

I'm sure they will do something like that.  Sasha & Shawna also covered the song nicely. 

I'm pleased with this selection.  It was the other song announcement that excited me less, but I'm sure they will freshen it up & make it their own.  My suspicion is that Alex will do a solo cover of Have I Told You, but I stress the word suspicion, as I have no reason to believe that, just personally suspect.

Guess we'll all have to wait & see!  Smiley

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54AM »

Yeah when I first heard the title "I Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" I thought that sounds cute! Then I looked it up on iTunes and was kind of iffy, but I finally found a cover where a girl sings it, its not too bad I'm sure it will sound good. I'm excited about Fields of Gold, I wonder if it will be a group song  Grin

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 03:24PM »

I guess you might be right. Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: