Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "O Holy Night" by CW at Slane  (Read 100328 times)
Jack

« on: December 21, 2008, 10:30PM »

Have I missed something along the way?

I was on another forum and someone posted a link to Josh Groban's "O Holy Night".  A poster responding posted this link to CW's really beautiful version. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-8jYpa1-o

It was obviously filmed at Slane at the same time as ANJ, but is not on that playlist.  Can someone please enlighten me or give me a "Well,--DUH!!", and remind me where I missed it?  Am I missing a DVD?

Jack

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 10:43PM »

This has actually been discussed several times.  It was added to the German Dvd which is where the clip from Wink
You can read more about it here:
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=506.0

Thanks Lindsey
Jack

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:02PM »

Thanks for the "Well,--DUH!", Trouble. (Heel of hand to forehead.) Grin 

I don't know how I managed to miss that thread back in the Spring of 2007 (Has it been that long?).  At least it's seasonal and we can enjoy it again. Smiley

Thanks again,
Jack
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:29AM by jhadwin » Logged
Celeste

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 03:34AM »

It was added to the German Dvd which is where the clip from

Wait a minute. "Added to the German DVD"? Are you certain about that? I do know that the clip was placed online on a German Web site (from where it was transferred to YouTube), but was it in fact included with a German DVD? If so, which one?

Note, for example, the listing for the Slane Castle DVD on Amazon.de. This is definitely the German version:

http://www.amazon.de/Celtic-Woman-New-Journey/dp/B000MR9BVK/

The track listing does not include "O Holy Night."

As far as I know, the magnificent Slane "O Holy Night" (which IMO is their best ensemble performance, ever) has (heartbreakingly) never been released on DVD.

Do I have that right?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:39AM by Celeste » Logged

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 08:23PM »

Does anyone know when in A New Journey they filmed this? I've always wondered but never known. Sometimes I wonder why it wasn't an Easter Egg on the Chirstmas Celebration DVD, but I guess that nobody wanted to program something few would know existed.

If you don't know what in Easter Egg is on a DVD, let me know.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 09:52PM »

I only discovered this recently. It's really odd to see the ANJ dresses and lineup, with Slane in the background, and they're singing O Holy Night. But it's gorgeous. I wish it had been on the DVD - or at least that someone would upload a better-quality video.

I wonder where the uploader found it.   Huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blq1Yz4NJVc

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:55PM »

I only discovered this recently. It's really odd to see the ANJ dresses and lineup, with Slane in the background, and they're singing O Holy Night. But it's gorgeous. I wish it had been on the DVD - or at least that someone would upload a better-quality video.

I wonder where the uploader found it.   Huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blq1Yz4NJVc

I think it may have been found on a German version

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 07:16PM »

Gorgeous !  ...of course !   Smiley

Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 07:10PM »

I remember when I heard them do it at Slane.  I was so amazed how they were able to do it without a choir, since most other versions of the song include one.  But then, on the ACC DVD, they included the huge choir on that song.  To this day, I do not get why it was decided that the huge choir would join CW on O Holy Night when CW proved at Slane and on the ACC CD, that they don't need a choir for that song Huh

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 10:16PM »

I remember when I heard them do it at Slane.  I was so amazed how they were able to do it without a choir, since most other versions of the song include one.  But then, on the ACC DVD, they included the huge choir on that song.  To this day, I do not get why it was decided that the huge choir would join CW on O Holy Night when CW proved at Slane and on the ACC CD, that they don't need a choir for that song Huh

Maybe they (David and management) were playing around with ideas at the time. If I recall, holy night and panis Angelicus where in ANJ as a promo for ACC

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: