Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concert attire?  (Read 10428 times)
Dan

Éireannach

« on: June 03, 2007, 08:27PM »

Quick question: I'm going to see Celtic Woman on 20 June...and I was wondering: what should I wear? Is it formal? Semi-formal? Like, would I be able to pull off a nice pair of jeans done up or something with a nice shirt?

Any ideas would be great!

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
fishloveslisa

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:33PM »

Being a girl, i wore a skirt and nice shirt. My dad went in his best jeans and a somewhat dressy shirt. Most people we saw were dressed in similar things.
We did also see someone in a racecar type jacket, and someone else decked out in camoflauge (spelling?) so i think you could pull that off just fine.

melle mel

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:01PM »

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=203.0

I wore a navy blue pinstriped blazer ("cheap" and off-the-rack from Urban Outfitters), a Ben Sherman buttoned oxford shirt sans tie, dark Levis 501 jeans, and low-cut Doc Martens. Sporty, youthful and classy without being too stodgy and sleazy yet not totally looking out-of-place. Observing other folks, there were a range from all-out formal suits and gowns to the casual jeans and decent tops. So, jeans are OK, match it with a nice buttoned shirt and jacket/blazer. A simple striped tee worn under a blazer works good as well. As long as no ripped, holey t-shirt and faded jeans like you're seeing Tool or whomever rock band. You'd want to impress the other women in the audience you'll sit next to and not looking like you're going to Sunday morning mass.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't wear the shirt of the band you're going to see. (Reference to the movie PCUWink
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:06PM by melle mel » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:07PM »

I know it has been covered before. I would go with a pair of slacks and a shirt, depending on where you are going. I forget where it will be in June.

For me I would say, what would you wear for a big family affair, say at Christmas or Thanksgiving? You are going to see 5 beautiful women in gorgeous gowns.

I wore a Short sleeve white western shirt, a pair of black Wrangler Ranchers and Black Ariat deertan boots.  (I live in Arizona).

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
JEdwards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:21PM »

Wear what makes you happy.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:23PM by JEdwards » Logged
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 06:47AM »

I wore a sport coat, dress pants, white shirt and tie and dress shoes. My wife wore a black evening gown. I would say we were dressed better than most in the audience. Some men had on suits and ties and some ladies were dressed to the nines but I would say 70% of the audience was dressed casual and 30% formal.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 08:40AM »

Personally I think the venue and teh weather dictate the dress.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 01:38PM »

Well this has been most helpful! It's Portland, Maine. We're not exactly what you'd call ones for big done up things...so the blazer/button shirt/nice jeans will be what i'm wearing. Plus, the weather in Maine in June is highly unpredictable. It could be anywhere from sunny and 85 to cloudy and 55.

30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 02:46PM »

Well this has been most helpful! It's Portland, Maine. We're not exactly what you'd call ones for big done up things...so the blazer/button shirt/nice jeans will be what i'm wearing. Plus, the weather in Maine in June is highly unpredictable. It could be anywhere from sunny and 85 to cloudy and 55.

I know, I spent some time in Lubec.

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 04:41PM »

I spent some time in Lubec

Thought that was in Texas.   Grin with Willie and Waylon and teh boys.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 04:45PM »

Lubec, eh? That'd be prone to cold as it's right on the ocean.

30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
flags
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 06:38PM »

Lubec, eh? That'd be prone to cold as it's right on the ocean.

On Coffin Neck's Road to be exact.

KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 08:15PM »

Orlando attire ran the gammit.  suits,ties evening gowns, casual attire llike myself and even T-shirts and cut-offs (disappointing to say the least) like they just came in from cutting the grass.

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
ferngully
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 03:36AM »

on the subject of concert attire, can i ask why lisa and meav wear the same dress in the dvd?
fireyred09
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 08:12AM »

During the ANJ dvd? They don't wear the same dress. Lisa's is a pinkish color and is all billowy in the skirt, and Méav's is red and the skirt just flairs out a bit past her hips. I understand your confusion, though. They looked really similar to me the first time I watched the DVD.

Here's a pic:

The design at the top of the bodice on both of their dresses is really similar too. That threw me off at first!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: