Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mairead singing  (Read 13491 times)
mark250

« on: June 04, 2007, 05:51PM »

I noticed that in another section of this forum, that someone mentioned that it would be nice if Mairead would sing on the CW tour. I would just like to mention that, she does sing on the CW tour. I was at the show on Sun. in Orlando and from my seat I could could see her singing along during one of the songs when they were all on stage. Did any of the rest of you that were in Orlando notice that?
  The only reason you didn't here her was that they turned down her mic on the fiddle. But yes, it would be a treat to her her and the rest of the girls sing together.

Mark    Grin
CelticDreaming

It is good to dream...

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:25PM »

Wow, that is pretty cool! I would think Mairead sings beautifully, but she enjoys playing the fiddle so much she just decides not to. That is really cool!

CelticDreaming

Stu Mostinsky
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:29PM »

Hey mark, I noticed that too.  I think the song was "Sing Out" She was really into it. Grin
Meldy

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:50PM »

Maybe they will give her a mic sometime, but maybe it is her decision  Wink 

Banner by:  Scott
nick in denver

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:02PM »

i think she does sing a song or two on her cd... a little help anyone? Undecided
m.k.c.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:03AM »

She sings at least one song on her solo CD though I've forgotten what it's called.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:21AM »

Mairead I think was singing in "sing out" now that I think about it!

Thanks Lindsey
fireyred09
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 08:26AM »

She sings along quite often during the concerts, but I think it's just like any of us singing along in the audience. She's just having a great time!!

In an interview, though, I think she kind of expressed that she would like to stick to fiddling (Which I'm certainly okay with--she puts Itzhak Perlman to shame for all I care!).

Here's the interview...IMO, the interviewer seems a little loopy, but whatever. It's nice to hear Mairead talk! She has a lovely speaking voice!

http://www.24.com/entertainment/music/?p=interview&i=365979
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:05AM »

I saw her sing too.It was during Mo Ghile Mear.Come on make it happen!Give her a mic!

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 11:44AM »

I brought this up once on one of the crashed forums when I first started coming to the CW forums. A couple people agreed that Mairead would "bring the house down" if she sang. Many fans would love this. Although you point out that she does sing with the background singers on some parts, she doesnt solo like the oher CW vocalists. However, (again back on the one crashed forum) someone had posted a link to a xmas song on which she does sing "let it snow" (I think that was the line?) Just a very brief line, just enough to give us fans something, and leave us wanting a lot lot more! lol

A New Journey is an excellent dvd. Its gonna be hard to top it. One way David might do so is to do a few things a bit different. Having Mairead sing a song, or have another CW, besides Orla, do an instrumental piece, might work. I have seen pics of Hayley with a fiddle!  Shocked

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Fiddle_Addict

Honorary member of the DSA

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:35PM »

She sings at least one song on her solo CD though I've forgotten what it's called.

Her solo CD is called "Raining Up", and the song she sings is "An raibh tú ag an gcarraig?"

Thanks for this banner, Scott! Smiley

ferngully
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 01:50PM »

I have seen pics of Hayley with a fiddle!  Shocked

i saw her with a harp Wink

Fiddle_Addict

Honorary member of the DSA

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 02:10PM »

Méav plays the harp, too, doesn't she?

Thanks for this banner, Scott! Smiley

fireyred09
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 02:33PM »

Méav plays the harp, too, doesn't she?

Yep, she does!

That's Méav in Korea! Smiley

It sure would be neat to hear her play the harp in a future CW DVD!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:34PM by Katie » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 02:38PM »

I think Hayley does as well

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: