Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mairead singing  (Read 13492 times)
CelticDreaming

It is good to dream...

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 03:52PM »

Wow, she sings on her solo...I have to go onto Rhapsody and listen to that! Wow!

Hayley plays the piano, the harp and the fiddle.

Meav plays the Harp and maybe the piano, and Lisa, as we ALL probably know, plays the piano too. Oh, and Mairead plays the piano, the Irish whistle and the fiddle...and maybe they play more than that! LOL! Cheesy

CelticDreaming

McIrish

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 07:46PM »

She sings at least one song on her solo CD though I've forgotten what it's called.

Her solo CD is called "Raining Up", and the song she sings is "An raibh tú ag an gcarraig?"
Hi FA,I was just listening to "Raining Up" & as wondering if you had a translation to the title of Mairead's vocal? This is no easy song for any vocalist.It sounds very ancient & tribal.Mairead,as she has perfect pitch,nails it beautifully.Mc
m.k.c.
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 10:32PM »

She sings along quite often during the concerts, but I think it's just like any of us singing along in the audience. She's just having a great time!!

In an interview, though, I think she kind of expressed that she would like to stick to fiddling (Which I'm certainly okay with--she puts Itzhak Perlman to shame for all I care!).

Here's the interview...IMO, the interviewer seems a little loopy, but whatever. It's nice to hear Mairead talk! She has a lovely speaking voice!

http://www.24.com/entertainment/music/?p=interview&i=365979

When I download it I get and interview with Giorgia Fumanti who is apparently some other singer. Do we know why this is?
fireyred09
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 10:35PM »

When I download it I get and interview with Giorgia Fumanti who is apparently some other singer. Do we know why this is?

Wow, you're right. I haven't listened to it in a while, so I didn't know that had happened. Same interviewer, though. Maybe she's crazier than I thought!  Wink

Sorry about that, everyone!
vanni9283

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 10:44PM »

I think it'd be interesting if Meav and Orla did a harp duet for the next DVD!
orlafan007

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 07:12AM »

Hi Mark, I was at the Orlando show too and it was awesome! I missed it but have noticed Mairead singing some of the songs before. As it turned out, I was the only media representative there Sunday. I'm a personal friend with two of the touring members of the show (Roisin Dempsey and her husband Nicky Bailey). I had received my media and photo credentials from CW for the Orlando show and even a pair of comp tickets.  Amway Center officials had told me that standard procedure for media photographers at concerts there was that we shoot from the mixers area and that we had the first three songs to get our shots. I still managed to get off 30 shots and several of them turned out decent. My friend came looking for me but we never hooked up. The show was as great as I expected.  Paul
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:51PM by CWF Administrator » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 02:37PM »

Some writers have taken pot shots at CW for being too glitzy, too polished and too cute. A writer in Seattle got me so upset e-mailed him and told him flat out that he's an ass! I don't make a habit of going after my peers but this guy takes his title of "Crtic" too literally!
Is the writer who reviewed the Milwaukee show one of these writers? I say this because someone I know living in Wisconsin who knows I like CW e-mailed me a bad review of the Milwaukee show. At first I was a bit surprised. Then i started thinking about it. Whenever a group has success there is always someone who will knock it. Some people are like that. They run everything down no matter what else. They live to be critical. So you really cant take what they say seriously.

Also, maybe there were reasons why the CW people limited your photo ops and cancelled the m&g. Before blanket condemnation, I would give them some slack unless some truly bogus reason came out.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Flaming Fiddle Films

Have camera, will travel

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 07:39AM »

I was at the show on Sun. in Orlando and from my seat I could could see her (Mairead) singing along during one of the songs when they were all on stage. Did any of the rest of you that were in Orlando notice that?

Mark    Grin

I almost posted this same observation in another section of the forum.  I noticed at the Atlanta show that she sings along, too.  She also tends to "act out" the words to the songs...or at least she just really gets into it.  Rock on Mairead!

"We're always happy. Life's for livin, yeah that's our philosophy."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: