Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The First ever U.S. C. W. Concert  (Read 14843 times)
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« on: January 21, 2009, 11:26AM »

Does any one Know where the First C.W. concert was?  Somewhere I read it was in my town of Ft. Myers, Fl........Sadly I did not know about them then.  ;(     Does anyone know for sure?Huh

Thanks,
Pat

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47AM »

It was March 8th 2006 in Toronto, Ontario-Hummingbird Centre for the Performing Arts. I think that's right.

Thanks Lindsey
richard

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30PM »

Is your question about the first concert ever or first US

The first Concert was Sept 2004 in Dublin (know it was 2004 not really sure on the month)

the first here in the states would have been in 2005

Question are u going to the May concert in Fort Myers

Richard
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 01:27PM »

It was March 8th 2006 in Toronto, Ontario-Hummingbird Centre for the Performing Arts. I think that's right.
First U.S. concert had to be sometime in the Spring/Summer of 2005.  I retired in June, 2005 and went to a concert in nearby Canandaigua in July.

Brad

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:03PM »

Cheesy  <time to tease trouble>

Toronto is in the USA? hmmm that Obama guy said he would change things, but bringing Canada into the USA one day after the inaugeration? wow he works FAST   Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 02:28PM »

Thanks to the ever wonderful Wayback Machine, I went back in and pulled up the old CW website from 2005. The first stop on the tour was July 20th in Cleveland, OH at The Palace Theatre.

Click here to see the original schedule as published in May 2005.

aislin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 02:46PM »

Hmmm- I remember now, they mentioned on TGJ about standing in the back of the theatre in Cleveland wondering if the people would like CW and how in seven minutes the audience was on their feet.   What a thrill for the girls to see that and the fact that they have had ALL the audiences on their feet for all the shows over all the years.  Seems like even non-members know greatness when the see and hear it!!   BTW-- Thanks ailsin!! Smiley  Smiley

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 02:59PM »

First U.S. concert had to be sometime in the Spring/Summer of 2005.  I retired in June, 2005 and went to a concert in nearby Canandaigua in July.

All right!  I'm not losing it!!??  July 28th at the Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center - really in Canandaigua, not Rochester.
Plus, look at some of those dates and cities.  They were really putting on LOTS of mileage on a couple of those overnights!

As I recall, the Performing Arts Center wasn't quite full that night (holds 5000 under the roof), but there were lots of people watching from the "cheap" seats up on the lawn area behind the Center.  So, early enthusiasm was certainly evident!   Grin

Great find aislin.

Brad

Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 03:40PM »

Cool,

I have M&G tickets for the Cleveland show coming this June.

Tom

Thanks to the ever wonderful Wayback Machine, I went back in and pulled up the old CW website from 2005. The first stop on the tour was July 20th in Cleveland, OH at The Palace Theatre.

aislin

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 05:55PM »

What about the total number of US Tours? Has it been 7? For some reason, that's the number I'm thinking.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 05:57PM »

I wasn't paying attention (as usual)Cheesy

Thanks Lindsey
Maggie
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 06:10PM »

Just found this about the 2006 Tour:

"The group has made a tremendous impression on US audiences, quickly selling out shows at major venues such as Carnegie Hall over the past year.
In fact, their debut concert at Radio City Music Hall on St. Patrick's Day of 2006 has already sold out, primarily through word of mouth among the group's huge fanbase. A second night is being added March 18. With diverse crowds of all ages rushing to buy tickets in the 33 cities on their Winter/Spring 2006 tour, CELTIC WOMAN is fast becoming a touring phenomenon."

During March 2006, they came to the Bob Carr Theatre Orlando, where I saw them for the first time.
A few weeks later I drove up to Cary NC to the best CW concert I've ever been to......it was in an open-air park location, and one whole front section was empty. (That will never happen again!)
I was there with my friends Jerry (the horse-trainer) and Kathy McQuade (RIP).
Not only could we hear every word from the ladies, not through the microphones, we could also have reached out and touched them.
It was a magical weekend. I'm so glad Kathy got to see them and had such a great time.

Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:26PM »

aislin

Yes, Cleveland was the first US show....and I was there.   Grin 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:04PM »

The first show was in Cleveland and the 2nd show was at the Meadowbrook Theatre near Detroit. I remember that well. I few day's later I flew into Detroit and my brother and I drove by the Meadowbrook and they still had  Celtic Woman on the Marque. That was on Tuesday after they had their show the previos  friday night. I missed them by a few day's  Cry Cry Cry

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
sammiesoprano22

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 06:22PM »

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I knew of CW back then Sad They were not that far from where I was going to college. I would have made the trip to see them perform in Canandaguia.

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: