Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 398787 times)
greenfire6
« Reply #1290 on: July 02, 2012, 08:29PM »

And a REALLY BIG congratulations!

...Surprise caps NHRA driver's historic night

"I've got a wedding planner. I'm not worried about it. I'm going to get my dress and show up, and hopefully everything will be fine. I'm definitely not taking any attention or time away from racing, that's for sure..."

(Spoken like a true racer!!! Grin)

Full article here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nhra/story/2012-07-02/Erica-Enders-gets-historic-win-then-engaged/55989530/1

Way to go Erica!  Cheesy
edtom

« Reply #1291 on: August 12, 2012, 02:18PM »

Wild finish at Watkins Glen! Cheesy

I love Celtic Woman
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1292 on: August 12, 2012, 03:30PM »

I`m not a big Nascar road racing fan but todays race was exciting...congrats to Marcus Ambrose on his second Watkin Glen win and anytime Kyle Busch gets beat is a good win.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1293 on: August 13, 2012, 01:41PM »

That was an incredible finish yesterday! Though Nascar really should have thrown the caution out when the 47 blew up. But man gutted for Dale Jr. He had a top ten run going and spun in turn 5 in the final laps. Good news he'll be going back to Michigan next week, Hop he brings the Batman car back there!
greenfire6
« Reply #1294 on: August 31, 2012, 09:38PM »

The boys and girls of the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) Full Throttle Drag Racing are in Indy for the US Nationals this weekend. The US Nationals mark the final race of the 17 race "regular" season.

...The 23-event NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series season is divided into two distinct sections: the 17-race regular season and the six-race playoffs, the Countdown to the Championship. After the first 17 races, only the top 10 drivers advance into the final segment of the playoffs, and their points are reset to within 10 of one another with the exception of the points leader, who will have a 30-point advantage over second place. The 10 drivers will then compete for Full Throttle world championships at the season's final six races...

More info and point standings going into Indy: http://www.nhra.com/points/fullthrottle.aspx
(Drivers/riders shaded in green are already clinched for the Countdown to the Championship based on points earned thus far).
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1295 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11PM »

wouldn`t you t think that throwing a water bottle out of your race car WOULD bring a penalty?Huh   at least for littering  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1296 on: September 03, 2012, 03:58PM »

The boys and girls of the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) Full Throttle Drag Racing are in Indy for the US Nationals this weekend. The US Nationals mark the final race of the 17 race "regular" season.

US Nationals postponed to 8-9 September due to rain.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1297 on: September 23, 2012, 03:18PM »

Denny Hamlin won the second " Chase" race at N.H.....well, he SAID he would and the driver that won the second chase race for the last 3 years has gone on to win the championship.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1298 on: February 24, 2013, 05:04PM »

Well, Denny did not win the cup and Brad did.  Sorry, Denny.

A new season is underway and Jimmie Johnson won the Daytona 500 today.
Danica Patrick finished 8th.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:15PM by Jim M. » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1299 on: December 01, 2013, 05:47PM »

Jimmy Johnson won another cup this year.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1300 on: December 05, 2013, 01:52PM »

The top NASCAR drivers will be driving their cars on the Las Vegas Strip this afternoon.
I am only a few blocks away and hope I can get close enough to see the action. Wink
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1301 on: December 05, 2013, 02:06PM »

The top NASCAR drivers will be driving their cars on the Las Vegas Strip this afternoon.
I am only a few blocks away and hope I can get close enough to see the action. Wink

Good luck Jim! Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1302 on: October 24, 2014, 09:04PM »

Another NASCAR season is almost over after MORE changes and controversy.  I have to say I don't like the "new" NASCAR.
In the past, I tried real hard to watch every race.  Now, I really don't care if I ever see another race as the bigwigs have pretty much ruined it for me and many other fans. 
Read the comments from fans on Yahoo Sports stories and you'll see what I mean.  VERY FEW are positive for NASCAR.
Just one more reason, and more time, to listen to CW and play with my trains. Wink
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1303 on: October 28, 2014, 01:44PM »

I still watch every Nascar race....not sure about the new " chase" format but on the plus side, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch are out of the running and it`s still "up in the air" who`ll be champion .

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: