Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 403610 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2009, 04:41PM »

Looks like Jimmie Johnson is starting his quest for 4 in a row.Still wanna see Mark take it.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2009, 09:19AM »

Wow! Glad to see Joey get out of that one. What a flip!

7 1/4 times if I counted right. Glad to see his is ok, scared me for a while when he wasn't putting the net down. But now he is an "official" NASCAR driver.
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2009, 10:27AM »

I did not like Montoya when he ran open wheel, as he won too much, too easily against some of my favorite guys. But I knew he had talent.
So now, I'm enjoying his recent runs and would give him most improved stock car driver...I sort of feel if he was born in the US , he'd be a fan favorite. He seems to have the fire and will to do it right. When many guys fall backwards during different runs, he pretty much holds his position or moves forward. Even at Indy, when he came out around 11th, that's where he stayed. Interesting to see when he gets it all together, as EGR is not considered a top team like Hendrick and Roush....
He's just a little too emotional on the interviews.
Old Guy

« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2009, 10:53AM »

You're right. I do recall his early Cup car races where he reminded me of the line from Days of Thunder and wanting him to hit the pace car so he'd be perfect. Wink He also seems to have gotten quite a bit better since the E/G merger and the switch from Dodge to Chevy.

I hope Mark Martin can keep it up and at least give the 48 a run for his money.

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
JRRacing64
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27PM »

I hope Mark can hold him off too, So far he's proving he's not going to make Johnson bid for the 4th championship easy. I was hoping Tony could have gotten off to a better start but he's starting come around. JPM's definitely the dark horse this year, Just got to keep an I on the speed limit on pit road Wink Gordon still is showing he can keep up with the front runners, He just needs a win. Maybe he can sweep at Texas Wink It's shaping up to be exciting race to Homestead-miami
Old Guy

« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2009, 06:56AM »

They're here in Kansas this week and I'll be there to see how it goes. Johnson won it last year and Gordon won the first two here in 2001 and 2002. Ryan Newman won in '03, Mark Martin in '05 and Steward in '06, so there are a number of chasers with good results here. It should be an interesting weekend.

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2009, 10:22AM »

An interesting fact, as I was reading about Jimmie thinking no one can get 7  titles like Petty and Earnhardt...didn't Gordon have enough points under the old system to 'win' two more championships (if the new chase system was not in effect).
So apples to apples, Jeff Gordon really has 6 titles....and now he may be on the downside of his career. Not his fault, as we snowmobile hard in the winter and I've noticed the last several years I just can't read and react as fast as  I used to when going fast, so you do slow a little..not as many chances, as the information just doesn't get resolved in the time needed, like when trees jump out in front of you at 90+mph..lol...age does factor in.
Which makes Martin all the more incredible!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2009, 05:46AM »

I`d love to see Mark get the title this year, he`s been so close so many times.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2009, 12:12PM »

The race is about to start. Marks starting on the pole again, Hope his and Jimmie's cars will pass post race inspection since NASCAR is keeping a closer eye on them. Wink
JRRacing64
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2009, 12:52PM »

So far its been all Dale Jr's up front. Jimmie's coming thought (Cue the Jaws music) lol Cheesy
JRRacing64
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2009, 03:17PM »

What a race, Tony wins again!
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2009, 11:51PM »

Tony may have won but he is still in 4th place. Mark Martin still has the lead But Jimmie Johnson is only 18 points behind in his bid to be a 4 time and 4 times in a row champion.

Steven M.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
JRRacing64
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2009, 10:15PM »

Big race tomorrow for Mark, Jimmy, JPM, and Tony! Hope Mark can stretch his points lead a bit more this weekend. Don't forget, at 1pm ET theres going to be a thing on Rick Hendrick before the race. It looks interesting Smiley
JRRacing64
« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2009, 05:32PM »

Pretty exciting finish today at California. Congrats to Jimmie on another win Roll Eyes He's now the points leader. 12 over Mark.
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2009, 06:20PM »

The rest of the races are going to be interresting unless one of the drivers manages to get a bigger lead. But Jimmie has been hear the last 3 years and he and his team knows how to win it all. Four in-a-row could be in the future for him.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: