Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 398931 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2009, 08:03AM »

Poor Junior. It wasn't the organization, and it wasn't the crew chief. Could it be the talentless hack behind the wheel?

That's a strong statement to call anyone talentless. I admit he may not be his father skill wise but he's earned the right to race in nascar and has proven he can win. Winning 18 races, among them a Daytona 500 based on luck or equipment alone is highly unlikely.
Scott T CW fan

The Lord is my shepherd...

« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2009, 06:37PM »

Nationwide at Gateway tonight  Sorenson set a track record getting the pole.

My brother is in Kenny Wallaces pit tonight

...yay though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil...
RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2009, 07:37PM »

Poor Junior. It wasn't the organization, and it wasn't the crew chief. Could it be the talentless hack behind the wheel?

That's a strong statement to call anyone talentless. I admit he may not be his father skill wise but he's earned the right to race in nascar and has proven he can win. Winning 18 races, among them a Daytona 500 based on luck or equipment alone is highly unlikely.
One top 5 all season running with the best organization in NASCAR. Enough said.

Rocky Mountain National Park http://www.geocities.com/rmnphiker/rmnp
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2009, 07:43PM »

Nationwide at Gateway tonight  Sorenson set a track record getting the pole.

My brother is in Kenny Wallaces pit tonight
               During the commercials ,you can switch over to ARCA in Kentucky.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2009, 06:52AM »

One top 5 all season running with the best organization in NASCAR. Enough said.
The season is still not over yet, though I'm pretty sure he will not make the chase. I'm willing to give him a chance to pull him self around and get a win or 2.
RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2009, 05:20PM »

Make the chase? This will be the third time he's missed in five seasons.

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2009, 07:06PM »

On a different topic, what does everyone think of this Mayfield mess? It's turning into some soap opera.
JRRacing64
« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2009, 08:10AM »

On a different topic, what does everyone think of this Mayfield mess? It's turning into some soap opera.

Well to be honest I don't know which side to believe. On one hand I've been watching Jeremy Mayfield race since the late 90's and I've never seen anything that would lead me to believe he's done what Nascar has calmed. On the other hand Nascar would be risking a lot if they were messing with test result to keep a driver out of the sport just because they didn't want to show their drug policy as being flawed. This is a situation that I'm going to have to wait until the end before I decide who's in the wrong. But ether way nether side is going to come out of this looking good due to the amount of mud slinging that has gone on, which has disappointed me with both party's...
JRRacing64
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2009, 01:51PM »

Though it's unofficial right now,  Mark Martin is on the pole for the Brickyard 400! Hope he can win this race and get one of the 3 major accomplishments in NASCAR off his back. Kinda funny Marks the only car from the hendrick stable that qualified well for the race, Johnson starts 15th and Gordon and Dale JR start 22nd and 26th
JRRacing64
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2009, 09:31PM »

Looks like now Dale JR is going to start 3rd instead of 26th. Not bad for someone under the weather Wink Hope he can keep the momentum going in the race tomorrow Grin
Scott T CW fan

« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2009, 11:52AM »

The Brickyard 400, I was at the first one of these. You have no idea the feeling to be sitting in turn 1 and see those cars coming through it for the first time , my hair stood up on the back of my neck.
As for this race, Mark Martin on pole, Bill Elliot in the second row, and Dale Earnheart also up front. WOW!

JRRacing64
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2009, 12:37PM »

Watching on Raceview since I don't have ESPN. Montoya's up front.
JRRacing64
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2009, 12:41PM »

JPM is looking to make some history today if he wins this race he will become the first and only driver to have won the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400.
Scott T CW fan

« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2009, 02:50PM »

JPM just lost this race speeding on pit road  GO MARK MARTIN

RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2009, 03:29PM »

The Brickyard 400, I was at the first one of these. You have no idea the feeling to be sitting in turn 1 and see those cars coming through it for the first time , my hair stood up on the back of my neck.
As for this race, Mark Martin on pole, Bill Elliot in the second row, and Dale Earnheart also up front. WOW!

I was there for the first race too. We were about 100 yards past the start/finish line. What a rush! But what idiot decided to build grandstands behind the pits?. Plenty of history, but what a rotten place to try to watch a race.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: