Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 398954 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2009, 01:45PM »

Man they are really cruising right now...
JRRacing64
« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2009, 03:21PM »

Big Flip 2 Ryan newman!!!
JRRacing64
« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2009, 03:49PM »

mark just flipped, McMurry wins..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:17PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2009, 04:19PM »

Johnson made it through all the wrecks and finished 6th and looks 187 point lead going into Texas next week. I think you can give the title to Jimmie now as unless he finishes last in the next 3 races It would be hard to make that up...
JRRacing64
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2009, 10:55PM »

Here's the pictures of the two cars that flipped.

In the last picture they had to cut the roof off after they righted the car. But Ryan did walk away from the crash ok.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:05PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
Old Guy

« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2009, 04:22AM »

Johnson made it through all the wrecks and finished 6th and looks 187 point lead going into Texas next week. I think you can give the title to Jimmie now as unless he finishes last in the next 3 races It would be hard to make that up...

They showed the spread as 187 on the broadcast. Nascar.com is showing it at 184. It may still change after they review the tapes to get the official finishing order, but you're probably right.

The Dega race was rather predictable, wasn't it? Not necessarily the finishing order, but the 160 laps of follow the leader followed by 28 laps of mayhem ending up with an unexpected winner.

Congratulations to Jamie McMurray.

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2009, 06:21AM »

They need to rebuild Talladega  and make it flatter...that`ll slow`em down and they might be able to get rid of the plates.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #382 on: November 02, 2009, 10:30AM »

Before the race I was worried about the bumpdraft rule that Nascar came up with, In the scenario of someone letting off trying to get off the bumper of the car in front and that particular scenario happened when Stewart let off going into 3 leaving Newman nowhere to go but into Stewart causing a stack up and leading to Newman getting turned... I don't know why Nascar would put there drivers at risk by implementing this rule? If they were concerned with putting a car in the grandstand, imagine if that crash happened on the frond strait? He could had easily hit the catch fence. To me it seemed Nascar reacted for the sake of reacting. I really think Nascar need some new people at the helm in the race director department...
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #383 on: November 02, 2009, 11:27AM »

Looks like Jimmie is very close to his 4th strait NASCAR trophy. Thats great because I work for Lowes. and like to see him do well. But he still has to run the races and do well. Hope he wins but stays safe doing it.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #384 on: November 05, 2009, 02:42PM »

So the most over-hyped, under-performing racers are teaming up. Danica has one win in her career, Junior has one win in the last three years, both in fuel mileage races. Perfect!

Rocky Mountain National Park http://www.geocities.com/rmnphiker/rmnp
JRRacing64
« Reply #385 on: November 08, 2009, 12:19PM »

Kyle Busch could make history tonight if he wins the Cup race as he will become the first driver to win a triple header in Nascar. Since he won the truck race of Friday and the Nationwide race on Saturday. Though I have a sneaky suspicion that the 48 will win once again...  Roll Eyes
JRRacing64
« Reply #386 on: November 08, 2009, 02:43PM »

#48 crashed! Wow, didn't see that one coming!
JRRacing64
« Reply #387 on: November 08, 2009, 06:04PM »

Jr. and Kyle ran out late and Kurt Busch takes the win according to scoring  Martin shrinks the point lead to 73.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2009, 06:43AM »

So J.J. isn`t perfect after all...looks like there`s still some hope for us mere mortals.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2009, 10:20AM »

Some interesting news that would make Lisa happy lol.

From Jayski.com

Starbucks makes NASCAR debut to be associate on #1: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates and Starbucks Coffee Company will provide NASCAR fans attending this weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) event at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) a taste of Starbucks VIA Ready Brew, Starbucks latest coffee innovation, through an extensive trackside sampling effort. Beginning Friday, Nov. 13, the thousands of NASCAR fans in attendance at PIR should be on the lookout for a fleet of Starbucks branded golf carts combing the race-track property passing samples of Starbucks VIA Ready Brew. Starbucks ambassadors will be ready to introduce race fans to an instant coffee that is full bodied and flavorful, just like the Starbucks coffee they have already come to know and love. As part of the promotion, both the Starbucks and Starbucks VIA Ready Brew logos will have associate sponsor placement on the TV Panel of the #1 Rain-X Chevy driven by Martin Truex Jr.(EGR)(11-12-2009)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: