Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 401174 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #555 on: May 08, 2010, 09:45PM »

Gordon missed pit road, Burton ran over his air hose and got a penalty, and Hamlin wins!
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #556 on: May 09, 2010, 10:05AM »

Is it just me or does JJ seem to have problems with the new spoiler? So happy Denny won!
JRRacing64
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2010, 08:54PM »

Jimmie Johnson had the field licked before the final pit stop. He sped leaving his pit which put him 1 lap down in about 13th. Which drops him down to 4th overall in the points.

Kyle Busch went on to win again for "The Coach" Joe Gibbs and yes for the football people, the same Joe Gibbs that coached the Washington Redskins to three super-bowls. Wink Looks like he could win his 3rd Nascar Championship this year if things keep going his teams way.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:02PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
RickOShea

« Reply #558 on: May 18, 2010, 07:40PM »

My two favorites, the All Star race and the Coke 600, are coming up next. Grin

My favorite race of all time: the 2002 Coca Cola 600. It was a Winston No Bull Five race. The fan assigned to my man, Mark Martin, was a young woman who appeared to be slightly mentally handicapped. She was so happy to be at the race, to be one of the No Bull Five fans, and be assigned to Martin. 40 laps to go and Martin comes out of the pits with the lead. For the rest of the race, Mark and Matt looked like the were going 30 mph faster than the rest of the field!  Martin takes the checkered flag and wins that young lady $1,000,000..... It very nearly brought me to tears.
JRRacing64
« Reply #559 on: May 20, 2010, 10:11AM »

There's some not so good new about NASCAR driver Brian Vickers. Last week he had to miss the race in Dover becasue of Blood Clots in his lung and leg. There's speculation that he will be missing more then three to 6 months now and possible could be Career ending.  Hope he can pull through and return as soon as possible.
JRRacing64
« Reply #560 on: May 20, 2010, 10:14AM »

My two favorites, the All Star race and the Coke 600, are coming up next. Grin

My favorite race of all time: the 2002 Coca Cola 600. It was a Winston No Bull Five race. The fan assigned to my man, Mark Martin, was a young woman who appeared to be slightly mentally handicapped. She was so happy to be at the race, to be one of the No Bull Five fans, and be assigned to Martin. 40 laps to go and Martin comes out of the pits with the lead. For the rest of the race, Mark and Matt looked like the were going 30 mph faster than the rest of the field!  Martin takes the checkered flag and wins that young lady $1,000,000..... It very nearly brought me to tears.

I great story about that race! It was a good win for Mark as well since before that race he hadn't won since spring Martinsville race in 2000.
RickOShea

« Reply #561 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03AM »

There's some not so good new about NASCAR driver Brian Vickers. Last week he had to miss the race in Dover becasue of Blood Clots in his lung and leg. There's speculation that he will be missing more then three to 6 months now and possible could be Career ending.  Hope he can pull through and return as soon as possible.
That's something long haul truck drivers usually suffer, not young racers that do a lot of cardio. It couldn't happen at a worse time, now that Vickers has found a home at Red Bull. Hopefully he can bounce back.
Ebby

« Reply #562 on: May 22, 2010, 03:42AM »

Today is also pole qualifying for the Indy 500.  GO DANICA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Lynn!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #563 on: May 22, 2010, 05:55AM »

That's something long haul truck drivers usually suffer, not young racers that do a lot of cardio. It couldn't happen at a worse time, now that Vickers has found a home at Red Bull. Hopefully he can bounce back.
  Brian`s on Coumadin blood thinner...if he got injured during a race, he could potentially bleed to death  so until he`s sufficiently recovered enough to no longer need blood thinning meds., he can`t compete. Many people on Coumadin are on it for life.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #564 on: May 22, 2010, 03:10PM »

All star race tonight! I'm hoping for someone new to win tonight. What a story book ending to the weekend if Casey Mears could win tonight! Hope the rain stays away...
Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #565 on: May 22, 2010, 03:17PM »

Brian`s on Coumadin blood thinner...if he got injured during a race, he could potentially bleed to death  so until he`s sufficiently recovered enough to no longer need blood thinning meds., he can`t compete. Many people on Coumadin are on it for life.

I had a similar situation to Brian back in 2004...I was diagnosed with blood clots in my legs and I was on Coumadin for 6 months...it's not fun and can be really scary...if you cut yourself you can bleed to death...I don't think his situation is career ending...I just think it's season ending...

Kelly
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #566 on: May 22, 2010, 03:20PM »

At least Brian Vickers has his young age as an advantage. Hope he`s able to bounce back from this.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
RickOShea

« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2010, 05:58PM »

Go Jeff Burton, make the cut!!!

Edit: Awww... 3rd place. Sad
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:15PM by RickOShea » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2010, 06:17PM »

Martin Truex Jr  wins the Sprint Showdown. Now it time for the Big race!
JRRacing64
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2010, 06:18PM »

Greg Biffile finished second and will move on to the big race as well.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: