Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 401933 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2010, 03:04PM »

Thanks Jeff....great win for Mac Murrey....the TWO "biggies" in the same year!

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #766 on: August 01, 2010, 07:54AM »

Todays is the 2nd race at Pocono this year. Should be good today even though I won't be watching it (So if anyone wants to do play by play today feel free Grin

Tony Stewart is on the pole for the race and JPM who dominated the race last week only to crash 13 laps before the finish will start 2nd so expect him to run well today. Rain could play a factor with 40% chance of rain in the area today.
Old Guy

« Reply #767 on: August 01, 2010, 09:31AM »

The weather isn't looking too promising. Perhaps you'll get to watch it after all. Wink

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
JRRacing64
« Reply #768 on: August 01, 2010, 10:38AM »

As long as the rain stays out in pocono and not get to the race track up here tonight I'll be happy. Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #769 on: August 02, 2010, 03:44AM »

How`s that for get well medication for Jack Rousch?   Biffle wins.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jack

« Reply #770 on: August 02, 2010, 06:52AM »

Elliot Sadler is a lucky man.  That was about as violent an impact as I've ever witnessed in NASCAR racing.  Thanks to all the safety features inside the cars, he essentially walked away from what could have been tragedy.  Maybe the powers-that-be at Pocono will clean up their act now and do the things necessary to make their facility a safe venue for future races.

Jack
JRRacing64
« Reply #771 on: August 02, 2010, 08:20AM »

Wow seems like I missed a lot after going to my local race track to see a race last night! I saw all the stuff on youtube. Man that was crazy! So glad to see Elliot walk away from that one! I don't know why any track would have barrier that would jet out like that especially on one of the longer straits in Nascar? This same crash happened in 2008 with Jeff Gordon at Las Vegas with the same result. But I think this crash is a testament to the HANS device and how well it kept his neck and head from moving. Without that this could have ended very badly! As Jack said They need to work on that part of the race track and get it to were if a car hits it, it doesn't direct the force back into the car and ultimately the driver.

JRRacing64
« Reply #772 on: August 07, 2010, 08:15AM »

In a few hours the Nationwide cars will be taking to the track at Waktins Glen! But Bigger news about this race is Celtic Woman Choir Member from Songs from the Heart, Amy Rivard will be sining the National Anthem on Live TV today at this race. Be sure to have it on ESPN 2. Coverage starts at 1:30 PM ET.
edtom

« Reply #773 on: August 07, 2010, 06:55PM »

In a few hours the Nationwide cars will be taking to the track at Waktins Glen! But Bigger news about this race is Celtic Woman Choir Member from Songs from the Heart, Amy Rivard will be sining the National Anthem on Live TV today at this race. Be sure to have it on ESPN 2. Coverage starts at 1:30 PM ET.

Yes, Nascar is at Watkins Glen this weekend. (Twenty miles from my home.) I've been to over ten Watkins Glen Nascar races, although I'll be watching these ones, Saturday and Sunday, on TV.
And yes, Amy Rivard looked and sounded beautiful.

I love Celtic Woman
JRRacing64
« Reply #774 on: August 07, 2010, 07:06PM »

Good race today got the video of Amy singing the national anthem for the Nationwide race! Good race so glad to see Marcos win again at The Glen! Hope he can do so tomorrow for the cup race. Crazy Pile up going into the Esses! 2 cars ended up on top of each other!

Youtube of Amy singing the National Anthem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oByj3Q7qddo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:25PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
edtom

« Reply #775 on: August 07, 2010, 07:24PM »

There was another race from Watkins Glen, won by Scott Pruett, on TV tonight from 6 - 8 PM. With about fifteen minutes left in the race, the announcers commented that there had been no caution flags to that point, so, of course, there were several from then on.

I love Celtic Woman
JRRacing64
« Reply #776 on: August 07, 2010, 07:43PM »

There was another race from Watkins Glen, won by Scott Pruett, on TV tonight from 6 - 8 PM. With about fifteen minutes left in the race, the announcers commented that there had been no caution flags to that point, so, of course, there were several from then on.

I watched that one as well, Good race! Good win for Scott Pruett! Team Ganassi is on a roll in the motorsports world! Also congrats to Patrick Dempsey's team on their win in the GT class and yes that is the "McDreamy" Patrick Dempsey lol.
JRRacing64
« Reply #777 on: August 08, 2010, 10:11AM »

Here we go! Time for the Sprint Cup boys to go left and right today at the Twisty turns of Watkins Glen! Carl Edwards won the pole with Jamie McMurray starting 2nd. A lot of the drivers who cut their teeth on road courses will start up front. Juan Pablo Montoya starts 3rd, A J Allmendinger 4th,  Scott Speed 8th, Favorite to win today, Marcos Ambrose Starts 11th, Boris Said 13th. Also Amy Rivard will be Singing the Canadian national anthem today as well!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:13AM by JRRacing64 » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #778 on: August 08, 2010, 11:24AM »

Kyle Busch is already in the pits and the race hasn't started yet! Possible loose weight ballist.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:29AM by JRRacing64 » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #779 on: August 08, 2010, 11:25AM »

Green flag! The cars are fanning out 3 wide going into turn 1!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: