Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 401799 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #960 on: February 20, 2011, 10:24AM »

I'm thinking someone from either the Gibbs or RCR camp today. Kyle Busch and Joey Logano clearly have the 2 car tandems perfected for a course of a long run judging from the Nationwide race yesterday. I wouldn't count out Kurt Busch or Tony Stewart winning either. Both have really fast cars. As a dark horse I'm going with Micheal Waltrip. He's been the Top Toyota this week and he's got some momentum from that emotional winning in the truck race.

I don't follow Nascar even though Daytona is only 68 miles away, although right now we can't avoid it on local TV!  Cheesy

I just pray everyone stays safe.

I do know a little about the drivers etc, just what I've picked up on the news...and I've been to the Daytona track when my friend Maggie May got her husband 8 circuits of the track for his birthday surprise....they were so thrilled it was easy to get caught up in it.

A lady I know is a friend of Bobby Labonte, who may not be one of the top drivers, but is certainly one of the good guys of Nascar.
Please take a look at this:
http://www.bobbylabontefoundation.org/events/11_jordan.php

Our friend Wendell at Daytona:                                       ...and there he is on the track!

Lucky guy to get to get out on the old surface. It's a much different experience now with the repave. It's as smooth as glass now.

What a true class act Bobby is! Hope they can find a match for that little girl soon.
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #961 on: February 20, 2011, 12:29PM »

Last-second predictions:  Clint Bowyer to win.  (Sorry, Clint.  My prediction is the kiss-of-defeat.  Tongue)
                                    At least one strong contender loses the race on pit road (speeding, missed stall,     
                                       refueling miscue).
                                    If Trevor Bayne and/or Regan Smith is running with 10 laps left in the race, whoever teams with
                                       one of them will finish in the top 5.

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
JRRacing64
« Reply #962 on: February 20, 2011, 04:53PM »

OMG!!! Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500!!!! What an awesome way to cap this speedweeks off! I'm still shaking! How about those Wood Brothers! Good to see them in victory lane again with that #21! This is history right here!
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #963 on: February 20, 2011, 05:10PM »

That was an amazing race, and win! My roommate who isn't a fan of NASCAR is even excited. Who would have guessed? Great start to his career!
JRRacing64
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2011, 06:26PM »

What a cinderella story this is.! For Lenard Wood of the famed "Wood Brothers" who was on the verge of shutting down his race team not to long ago. For Trevor Bayne, Who went from being ousted from Michael Waltrip's team last season to now the youngest Daytona 500 winner in history! He also joined Lee Petty as the only drivers to win the 500 in their first start. Hard to think this team isn't scheduled to run the whole year and Bayne is listed as Nationwide only.

This is such a boost for this sport right now!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:50PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
edtom

« Reply #965 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43PM »

A Star Is Born

I love Celtic Woman
JRRacing64
« Reply #966 on: February 20, 2011, 06:55PM »

for those that missed the 500, Here is the recap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm7GGnQ7hmU
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #967 on: February 20, 2011, 07:38PM »

What place did the Celtic Woman car come in?  Wink

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #968 on: February 20, 2011, 07:53PM »

I still can't believe it. I'm a fan of Joey Logano, but Trevor has got a career ahead. That is if he can keep this momentum up. Sponcers will look at him kinder now I would think.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #969 on: February 20, 2011, 11:55PM »

I'm not a regular NASCAR viewer but I decided to watch this one, and I'm glad I did. It was a great race, though I could have done without the record number of cautions (I hate cautions with a passion). It was really great to see the Wood Brothers back in victory lane, and of all races, in the 500! Great start to Trevor's career. Wish him all the best.
Maggie
« Reply #970 on: February 21, 2011, 04:02AM »

for those that missed the 500, Here is the recap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm7GGnQ7hmU

I just watched it from that link....
isn't that what racing is all about?
Whether it's cars or horses, everybody likes to see the rookie or the underdog win.
Trevor Bayne didn't know how to get to Victory Lane! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I'm glad Bobby Labonte was in the front 4....and in spite of the pile-ups, no serious injuries.

Daytona crowd's tribute to #3 the Intimidator:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXpOJIjK9AA

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:04AM by Maggie » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #971 on: February 21, 2011, 06:31AM »

One of the best Daytona 500`s in years...especially to see the Wood Bros. get back to Victory Lane.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
RickOShea

« Reply #972 on: February 21, 2011, 06:15PM »

I'm just glad my man, Mark Martin, finished the race.

He's usually DNF three out of four restricter-plate races ayear. Shocked
JRRacing64
« Reply #973 on: February 27, 2011, 03:59PM »

What a crazy race it's been at Phenoix today! Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne's hot streak ended early when he crashed going into turn 1. Then A big wreck in the "Dogleg" That took out a number of contenders, 13 in all! Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are currently up front.
JRRacing64
« Reply #974 on: February 27, 2011, 05:43PM »

Haha! Jeff Gordon fought for that one and ended his 66 race winless drought! Great win for 4 time!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: