Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 398841 times)
celticgirlakp

« Reply #1080 on: July 30, 2011, 08:13AM »

OMG guys last weekend I went to the NASCAR hall of fame and that place is awesome. Spent a good 2 hours there and didn't get to everything because we had to get our car out of the garage we were parked in by a certain time. But that place was so neat and the simulation of the race was awesome and fun except that people didn't pay attention and kept wrecking me and everyone else. If you are a NASCAR fan it is a great thing to go and do.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1081 on: July 31, 2011, 09:18AM »

OMG guys last weekend I went to the NASCAR hall of fame and that place is awesome. Spent a good 2 hours there and didn't get to everything because we had to get our car out of the garage we were parked in by a certain time.
Awesome! I've been wanting to go down there to see what it is all about. Maybe some day. Smiley

[/quote]
and the simulation of the race was awesome and fun except that people didn't pay attention and kept wrecking me and everyone else.
I've been thinking of signing up to service that provides the simulators, Iracing. How realistic is it?

JRRacing64
« Reply #1082 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19AM »

Racing at the Brickyard today! I can't think of who could win it today, Maybe Montoya will finally break though and win this race. He's come so close the last two years. If not I'll go with Tony Stewart.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1083 on: July 31, 2011, 09:25AM »

Dale Jr. will win.  Or not.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1084 on: July 31, 2011, 11:42AM »

Wow did anyone catch that save Joey Logano made? Quite the wheel man!
JRRacing64
« Reply #1085 on: July 31, 2011, 02:18PM »

Alright! Another first time winner, Paul Menard wins the Brickyard 400! Who saw that one coming?
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1086 on: July 31, 2011, 02:53PM »

not me...I thought Gordon was gonna get him.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1087 on: July 31, 2011, 03:15PM »

not me...I thought Gordon was gonna get him.

Yeah especially when Mike Bliss was holding Menard up a bit in the last few laps. I was sensing some bad blood there.

Good win though. It was cool hearing about how his father spent years trying to win the Indy 500 with his team get to see his son win at Indy. Such a great story! Too bad for Dale Jr again. He ran good when he had clean air it was just pit strategy that put him out at least he got 16th in the final order. How about Regan Smith getting 3rd! He's having a great year as well.

For those that missed it  Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2gcwgLYhlQ
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:17PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1088 on: July 31, 2011, 03:17PM »

Trevor Bayne is IMPRESSIVE!  Maybe the next Jeff Gordon.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1089 on: July 31, 2011, 03:50PM »

Trevor Bayne is IMPRESSIVE!  Maybe the next Jeff Gordon.
He's got talent. Still a bit green to be a major contender in cup this year. But if Carl Edwards does move to Joe Gibbs in 2012, I'd expect Bayne to take over the #99.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:52PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
celticgirlakp

« Reply #1090 on: July 31, 2011, 07:28PM »

OMG guys last weekend I went to the NASCAR hall of fame and that place is awesome. Spent a good 2 hours there and didn't get to everything because we had to get our car out of the garage we were parked in by a certain time.
Awesome! I've been wanting to go down there to see what it is all about. Maybe some day. Smiley

and the simulation of the race was awesome and fun except that people didn't pay attention and kept wrecking me and everyone else.
I've been thinking of signing up to service that provides the simulators, Iracing. How realistic is it?

[/quote]

Well it is pretty cool for what it is. All you can see is what you would see from the view point of inside the car. you have hand gears instead of a foot pedal to change the gears. Cause not everyone can do that. You can feel all the bumps and change in the track but just in the wheel. Not in the car itself. You sit in a car which is cool but there are two to a car with a divider in between you. It is cool to hear the spotter for yourself in the car. It is only $5 to do I think like 10 laps but it is worth it. And by the time it is over you end up wanting to do another lap. If you want to do well try to get close to a front spot. being in the back hurts you a lot like in a real race.

Now about to todays race can I just say I love the fuel mileage deal. It is a big part this year and it should be because of the fact that it is never a certain point that you think someone is going to win. Congrats to Menard and his win. Glad he got his first win at the Brickyard.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1091 on: August 14, 2011, 11:08AM »

Racing at Watkins Glen today, Hopefully. Raining right now.
celticgirlakp

« Reply #1092 on: August 14, 2011, 12:35PM »

rain rain go away come again another day we got a race to watch.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1093 on: August 14, 2011, 02:01PM »

will they have time to race at  the Glen? There`s `s no lighting is there??

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
celticgirlakp

« Reply #1094 on: August 14, 2011, 02:27PM »

darn race is postponed.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: