Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 401246 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #1110 on: August 16, 2011, 09:26PM »

Glad to see Marcos win  and Busch get knocked out of the way on that restart.
Looked more like he just got into turn 1 way too hot. Either way I was glad the "shrub" didn't get the win Monday! I don't hate the guy, I just don't want to see him win. Don't know if that makes sense, lol.  Huh Grin
greenfire6
« Reply #1111 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17AM »

I don't hate the guy, I just don't want to see him win. Don't know if that makes sense, lol.  Huh Grin

Makes loads of sense to me!  Grin Wink
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1112 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09AM »

Kyle is a punk.  I hope he never wins anything ever again.  And, I don't like his brother either.
Jack

« Reply #1113 on: August 18, 2011, 06:26AM »

In other news, Fox Sports is reporting that Danica will likely run a full Nationwide schedule in 2012, with limited Cup appearances.  The rumored plan is to then switch to full time Cup racing in 2013 for Stewart-Haas.  Should be interesting watching her trade paint with the good ol’ boys!  With her “in your face” attitude she could make a pretty big splash in NASCAR.  I’ve always said they need a couple of hard-driving ladies to liven the sport.
greenfire6
« Reply #1114 on: August 20, 2011, 12:18AM »

As a casual fan of "cage" racing I agree that a couple of hard driving ladies would liven up NASCAR. Danica Patrict could rise to that level.

However, and respectively, I have strong reservations about the Danica Patrick "brand". The image Danica has chosen (either by default or by design) is not appreciated by many NASCAR fans or potential sponsers into the future. Many fans and corporations flee from the image and such behavior she has exihibited. Going forward into her career I predict she will have some regrets.

At present it seems Danica and Go Daddy have a mutual explotation thing going. But that is now. What about her future?

I fear Danica is painting herself into a corner.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:28AM by greenfire6 » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #1115 on: August 21, 2011, 07:28AM »

For those that like some of the older racing, I put together a video for the Group C Prototypes from the mid to late 80's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma_QImRrW30
celticgirlakp

« Reply #1116 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35AM »

So how does everyone like the punishment that Kyle got for speeding? Wish they would take his NASCAR license away for a while. That would really punish him.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1117 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19AM »

So how does everyone like the punishment that Kyle got for speeding? Wish they would take his NASCAR license away for a while. That would really punish him.
Unfortunately a public driving license and Nascar license are two different things. It is up to Nascar to distribute punishment for drivers that relate to their racing in Nascar.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1118 on: August 29, 2011, 10:26AM »

Congrats to Brad Keselowski on winning at Bristol on Saturday night. That Blue Duece is starting to run like it did when Rusty Wallace was at the wheel! Great race for 2nd between Jeff Gordon and Martin Truex Jr. I think they were side by side for close to 60 laps in the final stages! Also a good race for the Nationwide cars on Friday, Such a close race between Kyle Busch and his teammate Joey Logano at the end! Busch got the win by inches! The win also makes Busch the winningest driver in Nationwide series history.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1119 on: September 04, 2011, 08:46AM »

Hope the tropical storm stays away from the track in Atlanta tonight! Want to see this race!
JRRacing64
« Reply #1120 on: September 04, 2011, 09:02AM »

The NHRA "US Nationals" just started on ESPN. Almost forgot about it!
greenfire6
« Reply #1121 on: September 04, 2011, 06:36PM »

The three top ladies, Karen, Erica and Melanie qualified very strong at Indy today in their respective classes. I will try and put together a little report in the other thread after I do some double checking to get my info accurate.  Smiley

Elemination racing is "scheduled" for 9am PDT on ESPN2 tomorrow.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1122 on: September 04, 2011, 07:51PM »

Looks like Celtic Woman's gonna have to deal with the Nascar crowd on Tuesday. The race in Atlanta has been postponed until Tuesday.
greenfire6
« Reply #1123 on: September 05, 2011, 12:26AM »

I'm no expert on Atlanta but I doubt this will be a prob.

I'm know to be naive... LOL! But I can see many NASCAR fans and CW fans, not only coexisting well but, becoming good friends.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1124 on: September 05, 2011, 07:24AM »

I'm no expert on Atlanta but I doubt this will be a prob.

I'm know to be naive... LOL! But I can see many NASCAR fans and CW fans, not only coexisting well but, becoming good friends.
I'm sure they will. Smiley

How about the Us Nationals today? Hoping Erica can finally pull through today!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: