Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nascar and other Motorsports thread!  (Read 401862 times)
JRRacing64
« Reply #1140 on: September 05, 2011, 03:23PM »

Tasca puts away Ron Capps to move into the FC finals. Feel bad for Capps, He sounded so dejected in that interview. Hope Tasca can win one for New England!
JRRacing64
« Reply #1141 on: September 05, 2011, 03:58PM »

The winners of today's US Nationals.
Hector Arana Jr wins PS Bike
Greg Anderson wins Pro Stock
Mike Neff wins Funny Car
Antron Brown wins Top Fuel
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:01PM by JRRacing64 » Logged
greenfire6
« Reply #1142 on: September 05, 2011, 07:01PM »

How 'bout my man Antron Brown!!! Now he enters that small club of people that have won Indy in two different classes. Wink

Congratulations to the 19 year old rookie Hector Arana Jr! I was happy to see Eddie Krawiec lose in the second round. His arrogant comments after winning in the first round didn't work for me. Those Harley and Buel riders are allowed a 52 cubic inch advantage over the Suzukis. Anyone with an advantage like that needs to speak more carefully.

Those Kieth Black/Summit Racing Pontiacs are in a class of their own. Have you watched the in-cab video's? Anderson and Line don't even need to steer them. All they need to do is cut a reasonable light, shift and pull the drag chutes. Erica knows her only real chance is to holeshot them. But that risks a foul as we saw her do today in the second round.

I like Ron Capps but his deamonor after his loss in the final round was way too whinny for me. Dude! Suck it up and move on!

Indy marks the end of the "regular season", for lack of a better term. Now the top 10 in each class have their points tightened way up and go into the Countdown for the season championship. Those outside the top 10 continue to race for race wins but they are no longer in it for the Championship.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1143 on: September 06, 2011, 06:12AM »

Tasca Ford   is THE Ford dealer in R.I., has been for 50+ years.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1144 on: September 06, 2011, 08:12AM »

Tasca Ford   is THE Ford dealer in R.I., has been for 50+ years.

Yep! I've seen their commercials a few years ago with John Force appearing in them before Bob Tasca III was racing in FC.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1145 on: September 06, 2011, 09:10AM »

Cup guys are about to go green in Atlanta!
JRRacing64
« Reply #1146 on: September 06, 2011, 01:38PM »

That was Awesome! Gordon and Johnson put on a Show in Atlanta! Worth the wait!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1147 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02PM »

GREAT RACE!!!!  definitely worth the wait.Gordon and Johnson were looking out the rideside windows those last few laps...can you say LOOSE???

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1148 on: September 07, 2011, 10:11PM »

One week from today... Roundy round racing at speeds exceeding 500 mph:

Five days of racing action. Six classes of aircraft and speeds exceeding 500 mph. It all adds up to the National Championship Air Races in Reno, Nevada...
http://www.airrace.org/at_the_races/index.php

Not to mention, full on, military and civilian air show headlined by the USAF Thunderbirds, plus jet cars, static displays and crystal blue Nevada skies.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:19PM by greenfire6 » Logged
JRRacing64
« Reply #1149 on: September 10, 2011, 05:57PM »

Ahhh!!! Junior just got a piece of Clint Bowyer's wreck!!! Hope the damage isn't that bad!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1150 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54AM »

my man Harvick wins at Richmond!...sorry Amanda (private joke).

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
greenfire6
« Reply #1151 on: September 16, 2011, 09:43PM »

Mass casuality incident at National Championship Air Races late today, Reno, Nevada, USA. I pray for the injured, their families and the families of the deceased.

At 1630hrs, during the last Unlimited Gold heat race, the Galloping Ghost, a race modified 1946 P51D Mustang piloted by veteran air racer and Hollywood stunt pilot Jimmy Leeward (Ocala, Florida) crashed right in front of, and just east of the center box office seats.

UNCONFIRMED: 54 spectators injured, perhaps 25 critical. Possibly 2 plus Jimmy are dead.  Cry  (I stress these numbers are uncomfirmed.)

The 2011 Reno National Championship Air Races are cancelled.

Ambualnce and EMS crews pulled from as far away as Fallon, Nevada. Over 100 Air Race spectators with medical quals pitched in to help. A call has been put out for blood donatations.

This is very sad on immediate and longterm basis. Already with 19 pilot deaths in the 44 year history of the Reno Air Races this incident could spell the end of organized Air Racing in America.

Then again, 85 million US dollars dropped in Reno each year during this event...
JRRacing64
« Reply #1152 on: September 16, 2011, 10:48PM »

Mass casuality incident at National Championship Air Races late today, Reno, Nevada, USA. I pray for the injured, their families and the families of the deceased.

At 1630hrs, during the last Unlimited Gold heat race, the Galloping Ghost, a race modified 1946 P51D Mustang piloted by veteran air racer and Hollywood stunt pilot Jimmy Leeward (Ocala, Florida) crashed right in front of, and just east of the center box office seats.

UNCONFIRMED: 54 spectators injured, perhaps 25 critical. Possibly 2 plus Jimmy are dead.  Cry  (I stress these numbers are uncomfirmed.)

The 2011 Reno National Championship Air Races are cancelled.

Ambualnce and EMS crews pulled from as far away as Fallon, Nevada. Over 100 Air Race spectators with medical quals pitched in to help. A call has been put out for blood donatations.

This is very sad on immediate and longterm basis. Already with 19 pilot deaths in the 44 year history of the Reno Air Races this incident could spell the end of organized Air Racing in America.

Then again, 85 million US dollars dropped in Reno each year during this event...
That is extremely sad news! I only hope the death toll does not rise any further. I've seen some specials on the Air races on TV. They are a sight to watch and I hope this incidenti doesn't spell the end to them.
JRRacing64
« Reply #1153 on: September 16, 2011, 10:53PM »

Big news for #3 fans as Richard Childress's Grandson Austin Dillion took the black #3 truck to victory tonight at Chicagoland Speedway!
It's so good to see #3 win once again in Nascar and great for Austin too! He's been a contender for a while now in the Camping World Trucks. I can't wait so see how he'll do in the Nationwide full time in 2012.

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1154 on: September 17, 2011, 05:42AM »

a two tire pit stop got Dillon out first....nice strategy.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: